Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jan 5, 2021 at 6:52 AM Post #40,876 of 42,765
hadn't thought of the IE800s wasn't convinced would be worth a £900 upgrade over what i have currently did look at the shure846s or Audeze LCD3i i think they are (£900 ones)
but no idea how they sound and cannot demo unless you have any experience of those

cans i prefer the idea of as easier on my ears plus could also use them on my DAVE dac aswell :)

Jan 5, 2021 at 9:24 AM Post #40,877 of 42,765
hadn't thought of the IE800s wasn't convinced would be worth a £900 upgrade over what i have currently did look at the shure846s or Audeze LCD3i i think they are (£900 ones)
but no idea how they sound and cannot demo unless you have any experience of those

cans i prefer the idea of as easier on my ears plus could also use them on my DAVE dac aswell :)
I was talking about IE800 in plural (i.e. IE800s) - not the newer IE800S , I don't know them!
But if Sennheiser have fixed the V shaped response and lengthen the Y cable, then it would be at the top of my wish list.
Such a wonderful sounding earphones, let down by monkeys who put it together.

Jan 5, 2021 at 1:04 PM Post #40,878 of 42,765
I was talking about IE800 in plural (i.e. IE800s) - not the newer IE800S , I don't know them!
But if Sennheiser have fixed the V shaped response and lengthen the Y cable, then it would be at the top of my wish list.
Such a wonderful sounding earphones, let down by monkeys who put it together.

yes true the y cable is too short and they are a pain to keep in have to check the stock ear buds i found to have a fighting chance and get a cable clip to stop y cable pulling them down/out :)

Jan 5, 2021 at 9:07 PM Post #40,879 of 42,765
Can someone please recommend a list of music players for iMac, in particular i'm looking for a player that automatically displays the correct sample rate on the Mojo when switching file types.

Currently using the (free) Pine player, it sounds great and plays ALL formats, however i have to manually set the correct sample rate in the player settings and also in the Apple MIDI settings. Quite a pain.

Thank you.

Edit: Not willing to pay an arm and a leg for JRiver Media.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2021 at 12:06 AM Post #40,880 of 42,765
Can someone please recommend a list of music players for iMac, in particular i'm looking for a player that automatically displays the correct sample rate on the Mojo when switching file types.

Currently using the (free) Pine player, it sounds great and plays ALL formats, however i have to manually set the correct sample rate in the player settings and also in the Apple MIDI settings. Quite a pain.

Thank you.

Edit: Not willing to pay an arm and a leg for JRiver Media.
Audirvana is best for Mac

Jan 6, 2021 at 3:22 AM Post #40,881 of 42,765
Audirvana is best for Mac

I can't believe that $96 (lifetime license) separated me from total peace of mind and full enjoyment/functionality of my Mojo! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!

Jan 7, 2021 at 6:42 AM Post #40,883 of 42,765
Hey Guys

Any recommendations on short optical cable to link my mojo to xduoo X10T? The in the box cable with Xduoo doesn't fit the mojo

Thanks
Doesn't Mojo use standard Optical output? Can you post pic of the cable you have on hand.

Jan 7, 2021 at 6:58 AM Post #40,885 of 42,765
The Supra ZAC Mini works well between Mojo and X10T. Cheap, flexible and good quality. I think it's the same as the old Chord Optichord, I owned both and couldn't tell them apart in any way except from the paint job and the price.

The one you want is 3.5mm in the X10T end and regular square connector in the Mojo end.

Found an old pic of the setup.

FgnZhJP.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2021 at 9:31 AM Post #40,887 of 42,765
it is just optical but headphone jack style connector on both ends , rather than the square block style that goes through the optical flap
The jack style on is a *mini* toslink. The square block style is just a toslink. I use a toslink-toslink cable with a toslink to mini-toslink adaptor on one end when I use one in a similar circumstance..

Jan 7, 2021 at 9:34 AM Post #40,888 of 42,765
There are many toslink to mini toslink cable available on Amazon. If you already have normal toslink cable available then you can just buy an adapter

Jan 7, 2021 at 10:07 AM Post #40,889 of 42,765
Last time around I did own the Mojo and Hugo along with the RME and I have such fond memories of the Mojo. It has that 'bite' to the timbre and little room details that I love about Chord Dacs and that sweet sweet Mojo tuning is something I've missed. I had to order a Mojo again and will hopefully get it tomorrow. It'll be fun to see if it's all that I remember it to be, charging woes be damned :)

I've been listening for a few days now and the impressions are familiar. The Mojo has a lovely sound and to me a timbre that is more arresting but it's firmly behind the ADI-2 in overall sound quality. There's no way around its sound being small, distorted and lacking in detail in comparison.

This is with Audirvana over USB and the ADI-2 is definitely drawing some advantage from its excellent source agnostic USB implementation. There's an Allo Digione on the way to help the Mojo out, we'll see to which degree it can bridge the gap. I've never heard the Mojo with a source of that caliber (I don't think the X10T II could quite compete with a Digione) so it'll be interesting.

Jan 7, 2021 at 10:51 AM Post #40,890 of 42,765
I've been listening for a few days now and the impressions are familiar. The Mojo has a lovely sound and to me a timbre that is more arresting but it's firmly behind the ADI-2 in overall sound quality. There's no way around its sound being small, distorted and lacking in detail in comparison.

This is with Audirvana over USB and the ADI-2 is definitely drawing some advantage from its excellent source agnostic USB implementation. There's an Allo Digione on the way to help the Mojo out, we'll see to which degree it can bridge the gap. I've never heard the Mojo with a source of that caliber (I don't think the X10T II could quite compete with a Digione) so it'll be interesting.
Well Allo Digione with LPS is an excellent source for any DAC
Only thing to keep in mind with Digione is to use clean power on HAT

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back