Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Feb 1, 2019 at 1:06 AM Post #38,071 of 42,765
I am more and more fascinated by Mojo each day. By its sound and design.
Can we say „the Cult of Mojo”?....
I have compared it for weeks with several DACs, some of them even two or almost three times the price. They all seemed, more or less, variations of the same. Mojo is just different.
What I find especially stunning about it it's the easiness with which I am assimilating music.
Like, when a I listen only once to a new song, that I've never heard before, it immediately sticks into my head and I can remember it easily the day after, humming it into my head. This never happened before.

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2019 at 9:08 AM Post #38,072 of 42,765
I am more and more fascinated by Mojo each day. By its sound and design.
Can we say „the Cult of Mojo”?....
I have compared it for weeks with several DACs, some of them even two or almost three times the price. They all seemed, more or less, variations of the same. Mojo is just different.
What I find especially stunning about it it's the easiness with which I am assimilating music.
Like, when a I listen only once to a new song, that I've never heard before, it immediately sticks into my head and I can remember it easily the day after, humming it into my head. This never happened before.

I completely agree with this. So many songs that we like from our childhood learned over very bad FM or even AM radio we know and like because we’ve heard them hundreds of times and get all the little details. With better equipment, the amount of listening required to really appreciate more than the main tune or rhythm is less. Or even once! Also, it seems to provide an expanded view of what we like (more diversity of what sounds interesting and appealing).

Feb 1, 2019 at 4:21 PM Post #38,073 of 42,765
Longtime USA Tidal HiFi subscriber who just received his Quobuz beta subscription a few days ago. Using PC to Mojo connected with Curious Cable and LCD-X headphones. All of the Quobuz files played fine until i tried playing 24/192 files and i encountered static clicks and dropouts. After troubleshooting pretty much everything I took Mojo out of the loop and the 24/192 tracks played fine. Has anyone else played 24/192 files thru their Mojo and encountered similar issues? Never would have noticed them before as Tidal Masters max out at 24/96 and they always played fine, as do the 24/96 Quobuz files. It's only when i play a 24/192 files that the issues occur.

Feb 1, 2019 at 5:09 PM Post #38,074 of 42,765
Longtime USA Tidal HiFi subscriber who just received his Quobuz beta subscription a few days ago. Using PC to Mojo connected with Curious Cable and LCD-X headphones. All of the Quobuz files played fine until i tried playing 24/192 files and i encountered static clicks and dropouts. After troubleshooting pretty much everything I took Mojo out of the loop and the 24/192 tracks played fine. Has anyone else played 24/192 files thru their Mojo and encountered similar issues? Never would have noticed them before as Tidal Masters max out at 24/96 and they always played fine, as do the 24/96 Quobuz files. It's only when i play a 24/192 files that the issues occur.
Could you point out what artists/albums your referring to, I'm also enjoying the beta.. All the files i've played have been 24/96.

Feb 1, 2019 at 5:27 PM Post #38,077 of 42,765
Rod Stewart = Every Picture Tells a Story
Kiss = Rock and Roll Over

Every other 24/192 file I played had issues as well, not just these two. Thanks!
I listened to 2 tracks on EPTaS with no glitching. Mojo is lit up blue. I'm connected via usb2.0 on a 2015 Macbook Air.
I have noticed Quobuz is somewhat taxing on this machine, moreso then Tidal or Spotify.
Cheers!
Thanks for the Rod Stewart feed...Sounds wonderful

Feb 1, 2019 at 5:34 PM Post #38,078 of 42,765
I listened to 2 tracks on EPTaS with no glitching. Mojo is lit up blue. I'm connected via usb2.0 on a 2015 Macbook Air.
I have noticed Quobuz is somewhat taxing on this machine, moreso then Tidal or Spotify.
Cheers!
Glad to hear, each time the blue light illuminates i get issues. Even happens on my iPhone 6s+ and Ipad. Windows PC here but strange that I'm having issues with IOS as well. Appreciate the feedback, enjoy!

Feb 1, 2019 at 6:36 PM Post #38,079 of 42,765
Anyone else here that uses Mojo + laptop + HD 650, that finds that vocals are more forward from the laptops headphone out?

Everything else is more refined on the Mojo though like it should be, I just notice that the vocals are more forward from my laptop, which I find very strange..

Feb 1, 2019 at 6:45 PM Post #38,080 of 42,765
Glad to hear, each time the blue light illuminates i get issues. Even happens on my iPhone 6s+ and Ipad. Windows PC here but strange that I'm having issues with IOS as well. Appreciate the feedback, enjoy!
Do you have a way to connect via coax or spdif with your pc or a dap to check proper functionally?

Feb 1, 2019 at 8:54 PM Post #38,081 of 42,765
Do you have a way to connect via coax or spdif with your pc or a dap to check proper functionally?

None of those connections are available sadly.

When I go into Manage Audio Devices in Windows 10, double click on the Chord Device, and go to the Supported Formats tab it asks which sample rates are supported by your device. It lists 44.1 thru 96.0, all of which are checked, but no option for 192. Can someone check theirs to see if they have the 192 option?
When I googled the Moon Audio Hugo installation instructions for Windows, it shows a pic with the 192 option checked. Wondering if this is the issue? I did a fresh install of the Mojo Windows 10 drivers with the same results.

Feb 1, 2019 at 9:26 PM Post #38,082 of 42,765
None of those connections are available sadly.

When I go into Manage Audio Devices in Windows 10, double click on the Chord Device, and go to the Supported Formats tab it asks which sample rates are supported by your device. It lists 44.1 thru 96.0, all of which are checked, but no option for 192. Can someone check theirs to see if they have the 192 option?
When I googled the Moon Audio Hugo installation instructions for Windows, it shows a pic with the 192 option checked. Wondering if this is the issue? I did a fresh install of the Mojo Windows 10 drivers with the same results.
I don’t have a windows machine but it looks like chord offers drivers for windows. Did you download the latest driver for your OS?
http://chordmojo.com/support/#driver

Feb 2, 2019 at 5:13 AM Post #38,084 of 42,765
that finds that vocals are more forward from the laptops headphone out?

Yes, Mojo has a tendency to put background slightly forward. It does it very well and brings details that one would otherwise not hear. I remember being amazed to suddenly hear two voices in a song that I always heard as having one only,etc. But, I also use mojo to watch movie, and I noticed that the music is much more present that normal, making it a bit harder to listen to the dialogue. Most of the time I actually like it, otherwise I plug back a cheap fiio usb K1, which sounds perfect for movie.

There is one album for which I thought the mojo doesn't perform best: Diamond Mine from King creosote and Jon Hopkins. Jon Hopkins, produced a ambiance background for all the songs, it is very subtle, with mojo it is too much forward, and disturbing the music instead of giving a smooth atmosphere. Well, that's my opinion and didnt find any other so far..

Feb 2, 2019 at 6:09 AM Post #38,085 of 42,765
Cheers!
Keeping the qobuzz user interface open on my pc really ramps up cpu usage. I minimise it to desktop tray and cpu usage returns to normal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back