Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jul 8, 2018 at 7:01 AM Post #36,856 of 42,765
It's super easy to test though, right? Listen with both plugged in then just unplug the one you're not using and see if the sound changes. What am I missing?

I still didn’t receive the preamp and the question was theorical.

As for the battery, as soon as the light is red, it takes a few minutes to flash, is this normal?

In my case It last not too much from red to lightning red, but now I can’t remember precisely.

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2018 at 10:46 AM Post #36,857 of 42,765
Hi Guys,

I have a strange problem which I haven't seen documented anywhere else.
I love the mojo sound however I'm getting stability issues where the music cuts out if I touch the rig to move it or when the rig is mobile such as in the car. This can be temporarily restored if I touch the optical/SPDIF cable terminals.
I'm using a Rockboxed IBasso DX50 DAP -> Chord Mojo -> ican Nano -> Headphones.
I was using the FiiO L16 & L17 as optical/SPDIF cables hoping to take advantage of the shielding but reliability steadily got worse. I swapped these for a silver cable which improved matters but the issue is starting to creep back in again.
Based on the symptoms experienced, could it be that the aluminium cases of the 2 amps + interconnect cabling creates a more sensitive antenna for all the surrounding RFI/EFI & disrupts the digital signal into the mojo? I know it is the mojo that cuts out because the red light button goes off during the outage. Does touching the optical cable terminals somehow "grounds" the connection & clears the issue? Again this issue does not occur if the rig is kept still or is not touched.

Thanks for any insight..

Jul 8, 2018 at 11:12 AM Post #36,858 of 42,765
Hi Guys,

I have a strange problem which I haven't seen documented anywhere else.
I love the mojo sound however I'm getting stability issues where the music cuts out if I touch the rig to move it or when the rig is mobile such as in the car. This can be temporarily restored if I touch the optical/SPDIF cable terminals.
I'm using a Rockboxed IBasso DX50 DAP -> Chord Mojo -> ican Nano -> Headphones.
I was using the FiiO L16 & L17 as optical/SPDIF cables hoping to take advantage of the shielding but reliability steadily got worse. I swapped these for a silver cable which improved matters but the issue is starting to creep back in again.
Based on the symptoms experienced, could it be that the aluminium cases of the 2 amps + interconnect cabling creates a more sensitive antenna for all the surrounding RFI/EFI & disrupts the digital signal into the mojo? I know it is the mojo that cuts out because the red light button goes off during the outage. Does touching the optical cable terminals somehow "grounds" the connection & clears the issue? Again this issue does not occur if the rig is kept still or is not touched.

Thanks for any insight..
If the red light goes out, that indicates that the Mojo is not receiving an input signal, so are you sure that the Mojo is at fault, or your signal source?
It is not clear whether you are using optical or coaxial.

Jul 8, 2018 at 11:33 AM Post #36,859 of 42,765
If the red light goes out, that indicates that the Mojo is not receiving an input signal, so are you sure that the Mojo is at fault, or your signal source?
It is not clear whether you are using optical or coaxial.

A good point as this does not happen with Windows to USB. Any reason why the DX50 or any Coax source would stop transmitting? The digital cable is a double ended coax with 3.5mm connections.

Jul 8, 2018 at 1:01 PM Post #36,860 of 42,765
A good point as this does not happen with Windows to USB. Any reason why the DX50 or any Coax source would stop transmitting? The digital cable is a double ended coax with 3.5mm connections.
maybe a poor fit/connection between the plugs and the cable.
Have you read the section in the FAQ in post #3, dealing with coaxial, to see if any clues?

Jul 8, 2018 at 1:44 PM Post #36,861 of 42,765
LOL I thought I was the only one who experienced intense feelings when holding their Mojo. I remember the first 3-4 months of constant listening gave me one of the best euphoria’s I’ve ever had, Mojo literally become akin to a drug.

And it kept pulling the same trick, over and over again,sinking me into a cloud of bliss...

Awesome isn't it.

Have to add, that when I bought the Hugo 2 I listened non-stop for about three weeks. (All the time I was awake.) I felt life was too short to not listen to it. ........... (It's funny though how some feel the Hugo 2 is either not as good as the mojo, or not worth it. To me the Hugo 2 was better straight out of the box, is so many clear ways. Mojo still in my heart to stay though. Unlikely I would ever sell it.)

I've been putting off hugo2 and making excuses as i'm utterly enjoying oppo pm1 with mojo and roon. lol. The money for h2 is gaining interest so i'll have to man up and take action soon.:skier::skier:

Can anyone recommend an excellent 6.35mm to 3.5mm adaptor and is it true sound quality is affected?

I just happen to have the Grado one which came with my Grado headphones. Never even though to get another one.

If you are going to go hunting, look on QED and Chord Company's website. No idea if they have one.

By the way, maybe you should save more and buy the Hugo TT 2, haha.

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2018 at 2:39 PM Post #36,862 of 42,765
What I find puzzling is the big product range gap between Mojo and the next step up = Hugo 2. Why not offer a sub £1000 desktop performance product?

Allot of users have the Mojo as a Desktop solution due to the next step up being out of reach in terms of price.

Jul 8, 2018 at 2:48 PM Post #36,863 of 42,765
What I find puzzling is the big product range gap between Mojo and the next step up = Hugo 2. Why not offer a sub £1000 desktop performance product?

Allot of users have the Mojo as a Desktop solution due to the next step up being out of reach in terms of price.
There are posts about the 2Qute being available for £700 to £800, and the Qutest is not much more.

Jul 8, 2018 at 4:06 PM Post #36,866 of 42,765
Thanks, I have now read the FAQs, does this mean I cannot use a regular 3.5mm to 3.5mm interconnect even though data gets through most of the time?
Some daps use standard sockets, but others use more bespoke wiring of the sockets, and this has caught some of the Mojo owners out.
@Mython tried to collect all the cable options that proved reliable in use, in post #3, so it is a good place to start.
This post describes someone experiencing dropouts with the iBasso and coaxial cable.
I don't use coaxial, so it would be good for one of the iBasso users, to confirm which cable you need.

Jul 8, 2018 at 6:02 PM Post #36,867 of 42,765
There are posts about the 2Qute being available for £700 to £800, and the Qutest is not much more.
I missed those. Do you have a link handy?

Jul 9, 2018 at 11:21 AM Post #36,869 of 42,765
Jul 9, 2018 at 5:05 PM Post #36,870 of 42,765
Hmmm, didn't see anything about sale prices. :frowning2:
There were several posts about reduced price 2Qutes, but i am struggling to find them.

Here are a few links to the 2Qute selling at prices that even @Soundizer would be tempted by.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Chord-Electronics-2Qute-DAC-Black/dp/B00WOE1DDI
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Chord-Electronics-2Qute-DAC-Silver/dp/B00WODNJIG
https://www.fanthorpes.co.uk/hi-fi-separates/dacs/chord-electronics-2qute-dac/
https://petertyson.co.uk/index.php/chord-2qute-dac

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back