Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jul 11, 2018 at 3:21 AM Post #36,887 of 42,765
My first thought is also thermal shutdown. I think there are 3 thermal protection circuits in the mojo, so potentially one of them has been activated. The first test would be to let the mojo cool down indoors, then try using it, and let us know if it now works ok.

Funnily enough, it is working fine again after not using overnight so probably it was a thermal shutdown, hope it will continue to operate properly, thanks for the advice

d

Jul 11, 2018 at 3:01 PM Post #36,889 of 42,765
My Mojo “flashes” alone when it’s turn off.

I mean, it suddently flashes (all three balls), while it’s turn off and when nothing it’s connected to it.

At the beginning I thought it was my imagination but today it’s happened again, just some seconds ago.

Is that normal??

Jul 11, 2018 at 3:50 PM Post #36,890 of 42,765
My Mojo “flashes” alone when it’s turn off.

I mean, it suddently flashes (all three balls), while it’s turn off and when nothing it’s connected to it.

At the beginning I thought it was my imagination but today it’s happened again, just some seconds ago.

Is that normal??
Sounds strange to me, probably best to get an opinion from chord.

Jul 13, 2018 at 3:14 PM Post #36,891 of 42,765
Will the Mojo sound "thin" or "less powerful" when it's battery is almost down (later orange or red status)?

Jul 13, 2018 at 3:32 PM Post #36,892 of 42,765
Will the Mojo sound "thin" or "less powerful" when it's battery is almost down (later orange or red status)?
Never noticed it myself.
There have been a few occasions when i have been so engrossed in the music, that it has come as a surprise when the mojo shut down with a depleted battery. I doubt that i would have been engrossed, if the music sounded thin.
It would be interesting to discover the thoughts of other owners.

Jul 13, 2018 at 3:37 PM Post #36,893 of 42,765

Never heard that. It's good, then it's off!
unlike a torch :)

Jul 13, 2018 at 4:45 PM Post #36,894 of 42,765
Never noticed it myself.
There have been a few occasions when i have been so engrossed in the music, that it has come as a surprise when the mojo shut down with a depleted battery. I doubt that i would have been engrossed, if the music sounded thin.
It would be interesting to discover the thoughts of other owners.

Never heard that. It's good, then it's off!
unlike a torch :)

I am very interested especially when I use it in line level mode, i think in the last minutes it becomes thinner.

Jul 14, 2018 at 4:48 AM Post #36,896 of 42,765
Hi, my mojo has this sound when the battery is full
https://photos.app.goo.gl/orgZh9h11SPV6Xy4A

Is it because one of the cell bad?
And also are there any replacement battery for Mojo aside from Chord?

It‘s normal for the Mojo to make some noise during charging and it is loudest just before the battery is completely charged. AFAIK the loudness also depends on the quality of the power grid and charger, there is a statement from Rob Watts about that somwhere.

On mine, I never noticed until I read about it. Now I can hear it.

About the battery - the Chord battery has some charging electronics built in, so there is no 3rd party option.

Jul 14, 2018 at 11:13 AM Post #36,897 of 42,765
I think that I am correct in saying that the current from a battery is cleaner than an AC current so should produce better sound and also I think that I am correct in saying that a LiPo battery like a Lithium ion will put out a near constant output right up until it dies. So I would say that the sound will not change. I have never heard it anyway.

Jul 14, 2018 at 12:53 PM Post #36,898 of 42,765
It‘s normal for the Mojo to make some noise during charging and it is loudest just before the battery is completely charged.

Here the Mojo whines.

I think that I am correct in saying that the current from a battery is cleaner than an AC current so should produce better sound and also I think that I am correct in saying that a LiPo battery like a Lithium ion will put out a near constant output right up until it dies. So I would say that the sound will not change. I have never heard it anyway.

Good to know.

Jul 14, 2018 at 3:21 PM Post #36,899 of 42,765
Is it possible for one of the 3.5mm outputs to sound worse than the other, if I put my headphone jack too hard in/out of that output? Or will they still sound the same, even though I have inserted/pulled out the jack a bit hard a few times on 1 jack?

Because I have the feeling that the first 3.5mm output that I usually use (were I sometimes pulled/insterted my headphone cable hard into it) sounds a bit more grainy than the other 3.5mm output which I don't use as much.

But ofcourse, that could totally be placebo, but I'm wondering if there's a factual explanation that these 2 jacks will always sound the same, no matter how much tension is set on one of them.

Jul 14, 2018 at 3:28 PM Post #36,900 of 42,765
Is it possible for one of the 3.5mm outputs to sound worse than the other, if I put my headphone jack too hard in/out of that output? Or will they still sound the same, even though I have inserted/pulled out the jack a bit hard a few times on 1 jack?

Because I have the feeling that the first 3.5mm output that I usually use (were I sometimes pulled/insterted my headphone cable hard into it) sounds a bit more grainy than the other 3.5mm output which I don't use as much.

But ofcourse, that could totally be placebo, but I'm wondering if there's a factual explanation that these 2 jacks will always sound the same, no matter how much tension is set on one of them.
Not a definitive answer I am afraid but I would have thought crackling would have been a more likely symptom of a mechanically faulty socket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back