Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jul 19, 2018 at 4:51 PM Post #36,916 of 42,765
When you put the Mojo into line level it defaults to 3V. When and how can this be or become an issue?
Not an issue, if you do not touch the volume balls again, because the Mojo will not remember the setting when you switch off.
Can be an issue if you touch the volume balls, because this takes the mojo out of line-out mode, and into normal mode, and the Mojo will remember the volume setting next time you switch on.
This has caught a few users out, if they had their iems plugged in, when they next switched the Mojo on - so be careful if you alternate between line-out and normal iem usage.

If 3V is too high for your preamp, then 4 presses of the -ve ball, will reduce the output to 1.9V, which is close to the 2V input sensitivity of some older AV kit.

Jul 19, 2018 at 6:06 PM Post #36,917 of 42,765
When you put the Mojo into line level it defaults to 3V. When and how can this be or become an issue?
Never turn mojo on with music playing with your headphones on, always let the music play and confirm it’s at a safe volume.
Otherwise, you may have forgot the volume was jacked up to play through an amp and do serious short term damage to your ears.

Jul 19, 2018 at 7:44 PM Post #36,919 of 42,765
So the 3v is not really an issue with new equipment, cool. If it was an issue would it be easy to tell that something was wrong? Audible hum or distortion?
For me, the problem is that it's so loud that you don't have much play in the volume knob on your amp. On some amps, that can put you into channel imbalance territory.

Jul 20, 2018 at 9:18 AM Post #36,920 of 42,765
Oppo pm1 (not pm3 as in review) comes with 6.5 and 3.5 not 3.175.

Jul 20, 2018 at 1:56 PM Post #36,922 of 42,765
the single most improvement to mojo and hd650 combo proved to be fiio rc-ux1 pcocc cable by oyaide. I soldered hd650 connectors at one end. sound is lot more punchier, faster and enjoyable. the cable also avoids the 1/4 to 1/8 inch adapter of stock cable. stock cable in comparison to fiio cable sounds as slower, muddy and lifeless . now I can proudly say that my mojo and hd650 combo can beat many a times more expensive headphones or speaker solutions. it's one of the most clean, transparent, neutral, musical refined, natural and so on experience one would ever have.

Jul 20, 2018 at 2:01 PM Post #36,923 of 42,765
Their oppo cans will become collectors items in the future.

I use 6.5 to 3.5 adaptor with oppo pm1. I may try a Sony MDR z1r with mojo with same adaptor. Some reckon sq is affected
but with oppo and official mojo adaptor from cables pack i hear only good results. I don't wanna spend 1650 on Sony only to not have it play at full potential. By using adaptor fixed in no stress on mojo connector at all. Audeze make a good adaptor. Can anyone give me detailed feedback here as till now just fleeting comments. I may go this way and leave DAC upgrade till later mojo is so good and can drive Sony well. Typed from work quickly when should be working. Mk.

I have seen photos on mojo reviews here of adaptors with large audeze cans. I don't want to use Sony 3.5 as it would mean constant swapping with oppo depending on which headphone i wanted to use putting bad stress on mojo connector.

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2018 at 2:12 PM Post #36,924 of 42,765
@Stillhart, mojo is basically a high output dac with in built digital volume control. at any volume you are listening to the dac basically not analog volume pot controlled output. so if 3v is too high you can reduce the volume on mojo . in fact I keep my Allo volt+ 50w class d amp at full volume and control volume through mojo. I occasionally attach mojo to Allo amp for movie watching through my diy single driver bookshelves. mojo can even directly drive these bookshelves to decent levels. adding amp is helpful for movie watching when in some movies there are low 2 channel downmix levels.

Jul 20, 2018 at 2:42 PM Post #36,925 of 42,765
@Stillhart, mojo is basically a high output dac with in built digital volume control. at any volume you are listening to the dac basically not analog volume pot controlled output. so if 3v is too high you can reduce the volume on mojo . in fact I keep my Allo volt+ 50w class d amp at full volume and control volume through mojo. I occasionally attach mojo to Allo amp for movie watching through my diy single driver bookshelves. mojo can even directly drive these bookshelves to decent levels. adding amp is helpful for movie watching when in some movies there are low 2 channel downmix levels.
Yep, I'm aware of that. I was answering the question of what happens if 3V is "too much". I usually just back it down a few notches, but then I have to remember to turn is back down before using headphones again. That's a mistake you only make once. lol

Jul 20, 2018 at 4:06 PM Post #36,926 of 42,765
Jul 20, 2018 at 4:23 PM Post #36,927 of 42,765

Users who are viewing this thread

Back