Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Dec 31, 2017 at 9:10 PM Post #35,011 of 42,765
I have been wondering about whether listening to open backed headphones, whilst lying on a pillow is causing some of your problems. One of the key points for open backed headphones, is often said to be that they remove the potential for sound to be reflected back from the headphone case, to ones ear. I do wonder if lying on a pillow changes the sound signature, because some sound is absorbed by the pillow, and some is reflected back to your ear.

If you are looking for something with an open sound for bed use, give the Audeze iSine 20, in ear, open planar headphones a shot. Much more comfortable for pillow jamming :wink:.

Jan 1, 2018 at 1:39 AM Post #35,012 of 42,765
I asked earlier if there was burn in time on mojo and one said 24h and one said god no. But i recently whatched this hugo 2 review and the guy claims in the end of the video that it will get burnt in after playing it for a week. This could probably be aplied to mojo then.

Then i wonder if he means you have to constantly play it for a week non stop otherwise it will never get burnt in. Or if he means you will burn it in by playing music with it normaly with all the shut downs in between for a accumulated time of a week?

Jan 1, 2018 at 7:14 AM Post #35,013 of 42,765
My recommendation is to just use a throw pillow or similar smaller pillow(s) for your head that won’t affect the headphone placement or comfort.

It’s what I want to achieve, some experiments when the big cans hp will arrive to me.

Jan 1, 2018 at 7:55 AM Post #35,014 of 42,765
I asked earlier if there was burn in time on mojo and one said 24h and one said god no. But i recently whatched this hugo 2 review and the guy claims in the end of the video that it will get burnt in after playing it for a week. This could probably be aplied to mojo then.

Then i wonder if he means you have to constantly play it for a week non stop otherwise it will never get burnt in. Or if he means you will burn it in by playing music with it normaly with all the shut downs in between for a accumulated time of a week?

Like I said in a previous post, I highly recommend a "minimum" 24-hrs. of burn-in time for the Mojo. FYI, I ran it "unattended" for 6-8 hours a day while playing music at medium volume levels until the required time was achieved. Whether you decide to break-in the Mojo for 24-hrs. or 40-50 hrs. is totally up to you.

Jan 1, 2018 at 9:28 AM Post #35,015 of 42,765
While I cannot find any difference during breakin as headphone amp, I find it changing as dac intonche main chain rig. Cannot say if it’s real or “brain in” but I could swear that is real. Sounding more powerful on the middle lows than in the beginning.

Jan 1, 2018 at 9:43 AM Post #35,016 of 42,765
Thinking a bit outside the box... I've been on hold with the Poly waiting for it to stabilize. There is a lot of good work now being done by the early adopters, and while I and others wait, it got me thinking about alternates. What I really want in portability is being able to play music from some onboard memory. This would be especially useful to me when I am outside of a wifi connection or where cellular service is spotty. So here is the alternate: is it possible to connect a lightning splitter with an iPhone external storage device on one end of the splitter and the CCK to the Mojo on the other end? If so, that could meet the requirements for external storage assuming one can control the music with an app on the phone.

Any thoughts on this? Is it is still an idea that is too rough for execution?

Jan 1, 2018 at 10:28 AM Post #35,017 of 42,765
Thinking a bit outside the box... I've been on hold with the Poly waiting for it to stabilize. There is a lot of good work now being done by the early adopters, and while I and others wait, it got me thinking about alternates. What I really want in portability is being able to play music from some onboard memory. This would be especially useful to me when I am outside of a wifi connection or where cellular service is spotty. So here is the alternate: is it possible to connect a lightning splitter with an iPhone external storage device on one end of the splitter and the CCK to the Mojo on the other end? If so, that could meet the requirements for external storage assuming one can control the music with an app on the phone.

Any thoughts on this? Is it is still an idea that is too rough for execution?
You can already put a SD card in the Poly, and play directly from that. Why would you want to add an external hard drive?

Jan 1, 2018 at 2:23 PM Post #35,020 of 42,765
Like I said in a previous post, I highly recommend a "minimum" 24-hrs. of burn-in time for the Mojo. FYI, I ran it "unattended" for 6-8 hours a day while playing music at medium volume levels until the required time was achieved. Whether you decide to break-in the Mojo for 24-hrs. or 40-50 hrs. is totally up to you.
Do you mean 24 hours non stop playing without stops?

This dude in hugo 2 review talks about burn in time for a week of playing, not sure if he means it will only get burnt in playing music with it non stop for a week or it will burn in also using it normally for a accumulated time of a week with shut downs in between.

Somewhere in the end of this

Jan 1, 2018 at 2:41 PM Post #35,021 of 42,765
Do you mean 24 hours non stop playing without stops?

No, 24-hrs. total play time typically, broken down to 6-8 hrs. per day plus charging time until achievement of number goal. By doing this, break-in will be achieved in 3-4 days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back