Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Dec 6, 2017 at 4:58 PM Post #34,652 of 42,765
I’m sure that Bell Labs did more than just saying, “Just double the high end of the frequency range for human hearing. It don’t get any better than that.”

Actually, yes. The maths behind it are actually complex (and Rob knows this very well), but in few words you start with the highest frequency of human hearing, add a band for the low pass filter roll-off, and double it. In the best case scenario, this sample rate will reproduce the analog signal. In real life, it gets even more complicated as none of the links in the chain are perfect, and neither your amp or drivers like to be driven at those "low" frequencies.

Dec 6, 2017 at 5:47 PM Post #34,654 of 42,765
When I compare Mojo to iPhone 7 dongle DAC, i find, that when I listen to Mojo, I find both low and high listening volumes very satisfactory (Aeon Closed). But when I use the same HP for the iPhone 7 dongle DAC, I can't seem to find satisfactory listening volume. Every volume setting seem too high or too low to me. I wonder if I spotted it out in a blind test!

Dec 6, 2017 at 5:52 PM Post #34,655 of 42,765
I don't think that it matters much to the the battery whether the Mojo is playing music or not. Most of the energy usage is by the fpga decoding the data input, even if there is no music (so the data is just bytes with a zero value), and the power usage driving headphones is just a few milliwatts. So playing music will deplete the battery slightly faster, than just leaving the mojo switched on, and presumably playing music stops the auto-shutdown operating on newer mojos.

Obviously it matters, and that's what I was saying. The method that Rudivanb mentioned works for me, when no cables are attached. It restores battery life. When other cables connected and battery depletes didn't. Why not read what we were saying?

By the way @miketlse, sorry if this sounded short tempered or if I was having a go at you. Please don't take it that way, as it was not meant like that. I think you've always been on point.

I appreciate that if the third post specifies fully charging and completely de-charging the battery, will restore full charging capability. However that was not working for me as I usually fully charge, and then listen until flat. I was very glad when Rudivanb came up with another solution.

Dec 6, 2017 at 9:09 PM Post #34,656 of 42,765
Just followed you're instructions to a T and I no longer have red balls. Now I have red, green and blue balls. Sounds pretty damn good though in my DT 1770's too. Gracis.

Slr5ZAN.gif

Dec 6, 2017 at 9:26 PM Post #34,658 of 42,765
When I compare Mojo to iPhone 7 dongle DAC, i find, that when I listen to Mojo, I find both low and high listening volumes very satisfactory (Aeon Closed). But when I use the same HP for the iPhone 7 dongle DAC, I can't seem to find satisfactory listening volume. Every volume setting seem too high or too low to me. I wonder if I spotted it out in a blind test!

Low volume on dongle DAC is not resolving enough and has too low power, and on higher volume is distorted and aggressive. Mojo mo’ betta’!

Dec 7, 2017 at 1:29 PM Post #34,660 of 42,765
@Rudivanb

I think I may made a mistake over the battery charging, and reconditioning the battery issue.

I have found that my Mojo will give me 7hours 15 min from charge light going out.

However it gives me the full eight hours and fifteen minutes, that it did originally when new, under different charging. This is from full charge, where it's been left on charge after the charging light goes out.

Apparently once charged, the Mojo charging light goes off, then continues on trickle charge for a while. Thus topping up the battery further. I think this is what I understood from Rob Watts posts, but sorry if I am wrong.

Either using your technique did recondition the battery. Or when I was seeing about 7 hours fifteen minutes playing time. It was from only charge until the charging light goes out.

My apologies genuinely to anyone if I have misled.

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2017 at 2:37 PM Post #34,661 of 42,765
Still “breaking in”’ the mojo, adding 4/5 hours overall with it.

I still think that is not “filling” and driving my Hd650 as my old E1 does but I also admit that it could be more distortion on the E1 rather than real driving abilities. I don’t know also because I am dedicating to the Mojo alone for now without other A/B testing.

Still trying it.

Dec 7, 2017 at 3:02 PM Post #34,662 of 42,765
Still “breaking in”’ the mojo, adding 4/5 hours overall with it.

I still think that is not “filling” and driving my Hd650 as my old E1 does but I also admit that it could be more distortion on the E1 rather than real driving abilities. I don’t know also because I am dedicating to the Mojo alone for now without other A/B testing.

Still trying it.

Yeah, I mean, my Mojo is not as thick sounding as my Meridian Explorer. However when I listen to my Mojo, I don't need telling, because to me it sounds right. It might not have quite the complete characteristics that I want, but that's always the case. We need to spend ultimately a lot more to get what we want.

Overall, in balance though, the Mojo sounds right in its own field.

Dec 7, 2017 at 6:18 PM Post #34,663 of 42,765
Hello from Spain (sorry for my bad english).
This week I have purchased a new chord mojo. When the mojo arrives it was "out of battery", I am on the second charge.

For now, i use the mojo connected to an PC through a Soundblaster USB X-FI HD (optical out / in - mojo-) and with a Sennheisser HD 380pro (54Ohm), I used (at the moment) for playing games with the Sennheiser (Battlefront 2)

The battery life with this set is only about 5 hours (second charge). Mojo seems "OK", I am charged it with an iphone adaptor until white light if off, etc, etc. When i put the mojo "ON" blue light, etc, etc....

Is normal that I only have about 5 hours of battery ???. (Volume set low...), second charge...

I am worry about this.

What about your battery life ?, Can you post your experiences ??

Thanks, best regards.

Dec 7, 2017 at 6:39 PM Post #34,664 of 42,765
I still am after my first charge, it’s yellow, I made 4 hours I think so it could be.

Also, my HP are high impedance yet.

I can charge it also right now (yellow) instead of waiting for it to discarge totally (red) or I will ruin the battery?

Dec 7, 2017 at 7:31 PM Post #34,665 of 42,765
yes i do..ipod touch 6 and mojo with extender.
sometimes there is a connection issue...rarely however...
when it does i just remove the cck cable and then plug it back in,
ensuring both devices are connected...usually takes care of things.

**enjoying the mojo more and more...
beerchug.gif
at first i was a lazy ass with just using my dragonfly red (lightweight, smaller)
...but now am enjoying the sound of the mojo....if you're not well trained in listening skills/exposure to alot of gear
then being able to hear the diffs between a very good DAC vs a lesser one is not so easy...i naively thought it would be aking to going
from SD to HD TV easy....nada.

and btw want to see REALLY pricey DACs...then look at some of MSB technology gear...wow!
eek.gif

http://www.msbtechnology.com/dacs/
http://www.msbtechnology.com/

vRhMjJP.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back