Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Nov 30, 2017 at 4:48 PM Post #34,533 of 42,765
This is clear, however electrically it is advantageous to have the port directly soldered. Everything is a compromise in the end, I'm happy with the implementation but then I only transport the Mojo inside a waterproof Peli case.

Dude, would you mind awfully to make a small test with the S5? One would be to check the interference with a sim card in and check for interference (only if you're fine with sliding in a SIM card into it) and the second one would be to check if a DSD128 file plays correctly. These are the two things I struggle with the S5 and some other people don't seem to have issues with (at least not with other phones).

Ps. 6.0.1 should be the latest Marshmallow version for the S5.

Hi again,
Good news DSD 128 is playing fine, UAPP / Mojo is showing DSD colour, and it sounds stunning out of my cans!
Bad news, cellular interference is there, enough to annoy and ruin ones mojo, pun, or in this case not at all funny reference, intended!

Im actually quite annoyed by this, even though it may not effect me. Surely a very large percentage of Mojo owners will be connecting Mojo to phone?
Inexcusable cockup on Chords part, it should've been well shielded against those frequencies. I imagine there are many very fed up phone/Mojo owners?

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2017 at 4:59 PM Post #34,534 of 42,765
Hi again,
Good news DSD 128 is playing fine, UAPP / Mojo is showing DSD colour, and it sounds stunning out of my cans!
Bad news, cellular interference is there, enough to annoy and ruin ones mojo, pun, or in this case not at all funny reference, intended!

Im actually quite annoyed by this, even though it may not effect me. Surely a very large percentage of Mojo owners will be connecting Mojo to phone?
Inexcusable cockup on Chords part, it should've been well shielded against those frequencies. I imagine there are many very fed up phone/Mojo owners?
The Mojo case is aluminium so it is well shielded. The rfi is entering via the usb cable. Are you still using the samsung? When i was using the samsung galaxy note 3, all it took was to add one ferrite choke to the usb cable, to remove the rfi.

Nov 30, 2017 at 5:50 PM Post #34,535 of 42,765
I trigger the line out mode (take it down to 1.9v)

Why everybody does that (not staying on 3v)? And do you symply push down the volume x times to achieve that after you turn on the lineout mode?

Nov 30, 2017 at 8:28 PM Post #34,536 of 42,765
Why everybody does that (not staying on 3v)? And do you symply push down the volume x times to achieve that after you turn on the lineout mode?

Yes, 4 clicks on the down volume ball will take it to 1.9V. People do this because the CD player standard was 2V output and many devices expect this. But, all you need to do is find out the inout sensitivity of your amp or powered speakers and match that.

Dec 1, 2017 at 3:09 AM Post #34,538 of 42,765
Dec 1, 2017 at 3:50 AM Post #34,539 of 42,765
Found the analogue inputs on my Tag McLaren Amp have individual manual (with tape-deck like meters) or automatic setup for voltage. Either way it settled on 2.3 or 2.4v as optimum.

Dec 1, 2017 at 5:25 AM Post #34,540 of 42,765
The Mojo case is aluminium so it is well shielded. The rfi is entering via the usb cable. Are you still using the samsung? When i was using the samsung galaxy note 3, all it took was to add one ferrite choke to the usb cable, to remove the rfi.
Hi,
I agree in part, i also considered that. The is more to shielding than just a case, thick aluminium or not.
I'm an Amateur radio operator, yes it can be difficult but not unsolvable by the manufacturer.
If i had to insert/wind a ferrite choke to help with this the form factor will take a large hit.
All the after market fancy cables that ive seen do not incorperate a choke in thier design, that ive spotted anyhow.
Do some have to insert/wind chokes for headphone cable and power lead also?

It really should've been incorperated internally.

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2017 at 5:42 AM Post #34,541 of 42,765
Hi again,

Hi styks, thanks a lot for the feedback. Yeah, the S5 is very bad in pairing with the Mojo regarding interference. People have been luckier with other models however with the S5 it is truly unbearable. Your data point confirms my findings (at least I feel less weird in this thread now). There is some leakage even with the cable disconnected when the bottom of the phone is close to the USB port!

I can't recommend a ferrite but using airplane mode eliminates the issue. Good news you've got dsd128 working, this suggests I should look at a new USB cable.

Enjoy the music:)

Dec 1, 2017 at 3:48 PM Post #34,545 of 42,765
Hi,
I agree in part, i also considered that. The is more to shielding than just a case, thick aluminium or not.

It really should've been incorperated internally.

totally. The "oh it comes in via the USB" excuse is laughable; as if designing for that shouldn't be a fundamental consideration. "oh, the water leak only comes into your house through the water pipes, otherwise your house is leakproof!"

Why is it so hard for people to say, "yeah, it's a big miss and they should fix it"

Being transparent about flaws builds customer loyalty - denying them breeds animosity and backlash

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back