Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Nov 27, 2017 at 4:51 PM Post #34,501 of 42,765
For curiosity, will the cable the cable they give with the bundle do the job?

Nov 27, 2017 at 9:55 PM Post #34,503 of 42,765
Please dont think me rude but this thread is so darn long! .... Scouring it would take an age! And im useless with a search engine.
So ill just jump straight in if you dont mind

Whats the best transport for Mojo. £400 ish. Play all resolution inc. DSD?
Need min of 256gb, Android, IOS, phone, DaP, portable, OTG, or IOS equiv. Something around iphone 5 size, not much bigger though if possible.
Not bothered so much about aesthetics just top quality bit perfect output for Mojo.
I know Mojo is good but no harm in feeding it the best you can lmo.
Reliable, good processing power solid OTG, solid stable software/player.
Decent battery life.
Not relevent really but it drives Focal Elear, later on some IEM's

Poly is not so practical for me tbh, expensive too.

No great experience with portable gear tbh .... But im ok tech wise, prefer not to have to go great lengths configuring.
A few suggestions would he very helpful, cheers!

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2017 at 1:35 AM Post #34,505 of 42,765
Just got my Jot for a full in-home test and did a few hours with it:
Macbook Pro > Tidal HiFi > TOSLINK s/pdif > Mojo @1.9v > super cheap RCA cable > Jot (high gain, SE) > TH-x00 mahogany

(1.) I love the Mojo DAC's "relaxed" sound as part of a setup driving the Jot. While I probably wouldn't use the Mojo/Jot for critical listening, I really don't do that so for my use the Mojo is great (haven't done a full in-home of a Mimby or higher)

(2.) The Jot DEFINITELY improves on the Mojo's sound overall. A great example is Psychemagick's Valley of Paradise: the driving bass line sounds a bit muddy via the Mojo alone, but through the Jot sounds super clean. Enter the Lovely by Bluetech sounds supreme through the Jot, and hi-res Diana Krall is sublime.

(3.) The Jot really opens things up, cleans them up, and clears them up; this is almost always a good thing, but on badly recorded / mixed songs / sourced songs it's not good. An example is I Melt with You by Modern English - there was no version that sounded good, and there were a few other songs that had similar problems. Another example is She Sells Sanctuary (long version) by The Cult - it sounded good, but maybe sounded better on the Mojo alone, I'll have to play more

I was prepared for not much discernible difference across all music types I listen to, but that's not the case: the Jot really makes a difference, at least so far driven by the Mojo.

I will be doing some more A/Bing, getting an HD600 in the game, using USB, etc but for now I'll call the Jot a big win.

Nov 28, 2017 at 3:17 AM Post #34,506 of 42,765
Hi,

for those who are using Mojo and Windows 10, the driver to use is "Windows10_Creators_Driver768kHz.zip"?

Nov 28, 2017 at 6:52 AM Post #34,507 of 42,765
Thank you for the feedback.

After the apple camera cable what usb cable do you use with it?
The short USB cable that comes with Mojo works just fine. I purchased the cable pack as well and there is a longer USB cable in it. It also works without issues. If you don't mind going airplane mode with your iPhone (and also don't mind dismissing the original Mojo case) you can also use the extension module without any USB cable which will form a nice and tidy stack.

Nov 28, 2017 at 6:54 AM Post #34,508 of 42,765
Hi,

for those who are using Mojo and Windows 10, the driver to use is "Windows10_Creators_Driver768kHz.zip"?
You first need to install the original driver and apply the creators update afterwards.

Nov 28, 2017 at 4:19 PM Post #34,509 of 42,765
A little moisture and my Mojo’s Board is ruined, amazing how much gap there is around the ports.

Chord prices a replacement at $300 !
Total cost with service is over USD 400 !

Just when I wanted a Poly.

Looks like a Chord lost me as a customer forever or a very long time.

They could have priced it better considering I am a customer.

Nov 28, 2017 at 5:28 PM Post #34,511 of 42,765
A little moisture and my Mojo’s Board is ruined, amazing how much gap there is around the ports.

Sorry to hear - the ports are one of the huge weaknesses of the Mojo: cheap and soldered directly to the board. It kind of ruins an otherwise rock solid build quality and feel ...

I have a $20 bluetooth speaker with WAY higher quality USB ports and TRS jacks

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2017 at 5:36 PM Post #34,512 of 42,765
Hmmm ports soldered to the board should be good!?

I wondered before if moisture, oils etc. would not actually get in through the marbles. That's what I considered a weakpoint in the design - not only they're natural smudge collectors, they also roll. I try to keep mine as clean and still as possible

*eats Pringles*

Nov 28, 2017 at 5:45 PM Post #34,513 of 42,765

How did it got to water? I found mine quite "moist" from my pocket on some rainy day..but working fine. I was scared though. Consider selling it? I have one of the first models, battery doesn't last so long and the body has some scars..I could use some parts if you find no fix for it..

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2017 at 6:44 PM Post #34,514 of 42,765
Hmmm ports soldered to the board should be good!?

bad because plugging / unplugging flexes the solder joints and they break - plus the mojo ports just sit behind a giant hole in the case which, to water or moisture, is like open pipe.

Take a look at any modern smartphone usb port - you'll immediately see the difference.

Nov 28, 2017 at 6:46 PM Post #34,515 of 42,765
How did it got to water? I found mine quite "moist" from my pocket on some rainy day..but working fine. I was scared though. Consider selling it? I have one of the first models, battery doesn't last so long and the body has some scars..I could use some parts if you find no fix for it..

Heavy rain storm soaked through my backpack and canvas bag for gadgets. I think the weak part are the gaps around the toslink inputs.

Now I keep my stuff in a Skooba book-shaped “bag”

Expensive and Portable don’t mix well for me, evidently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back