Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jun 7, 2017 at 1:57 PM Post #32,584 of 42,765
Wow..... I never realised they didn't support FLAC! I've never used ios for music, only ever android or standalone daps...

Well Apple has always supported their home grown ALAC format (Apple's version of FLAC). Transcoding FLAC to ALAC was never that much of a big deal, and the transcoding is perfectly lossless.

That said it was an extra step in the process that most people really didn't need, or want, to deal with. So hats off to Apple for finally including FLAC support, assuming it survives into the public release of iOS 11.

A bigger question is, however, whether iTunes on High Sierra will support FLAC - that would be a far more important thing for me.

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2017 at 1:59 PM Post #32,585 of 42,765
Individual iOS apps from the store supported more file formats than the in built music player. The files ,however, would only show up for those specific apps you added them to and not be system wide. With this change, now you would just sync it with iTunes and it will show system wide for all apps.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2017 at 8:08 AM Post #32,589 of 42,765
I agree, as a 300R user, 100R has less bug, stable firmware and Android eco system, so it is a great device for connecting external DAC/AMP
Does it offer both optical out as well as USB out options as a transport for HUGO2? Does it have builtin Wifi for streaming TIDAL or via Bluetooth from a smartphone? Looking for a standalone solution without a phone.

Jun 8, 2017 at 12:03 PM Post #32,593 of 42,765
Admit, I'm about to lose my bird. Plugging the mojo into my LG G6 results in an INSANE amount of intermittent static and buzz to the point it's damn near unlistenable. It sounds incredible out of my laptop but out of my phone it's becoming garbage. Getting close to returning it.

EDIT: And as a clarification, it happens when the Mojo is next to the phone. Which sort of heavily undermines the whole point of it being portable. What the hell, Chord.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2017 at 12:09 PM Post #32,594 of 42,765
Admit, I'm about to lose my bird. Plugging the mojo into my LG G6 results in an INSANE amount of intermittent static and buzz to the point it's damn near unlistenable. It sounds incredible out of my laptop but out of my phone it's becoming garbage. Getting close to returning it.

EDIT: And as a clarification, it happens when the Mojo is next to the phone. Which sort of heavily undermines the whole point of it being portable. What the hell, Chord.

Try a different OTG and data cable.

Jun 8, 2017 at 12:42 PM Post #32,595 of 42,765

This has been covered in this thread many times, either use airplane mode or separate the Mojo and phone. Yes it is annoying but most of us work around the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back