Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jun 5, 2017 at 1:11 PM Post #32,551 of 42,788
Ha! Enjoy your floating Mojos, chaps. Here's a couple more of it back on its perch in my home setup:

sA1DcPG.png
3Ob0i0a.png

Jun 5, 2017 at 1:16 PM Post #32,552 of 42,788
Here are the comments from Rob Watts https://www.head-fi.org/f/threads/chord-mojo-dac-amp-☆★►faq-in-3rd-post-◄★☆.784602/page-379#post-12099045
The only engineering compromise is that the iPhone and iPad have higher noise floors, which mean that the hiss is masked, but also they will not be as good as the Mojo at detecting the stop and start of notes.
Thanks for the link and the explanation, I'm probably just freaking out about nothing here. Only thing that's not true for me is what Mr. Watts is saying in that post about no change in hiss levels when turning the Mojo off and on, I can definitely hear that a little bit, but this might just be because of the very sensitive FLC8S. Maybe I just have exceptional hearing and should see this from the positive side :)

Jun 5, 2017 at 1:35 PM Post #32,553 of 42,788
Thanks for the link and the explanation, I'm probably just freaking out about nothing here. Only thing that's not true for me is what Mr. Watts is saying in that post about no change in hiss levels when turning the Mojo off and on, I can definitely hear that a little bit, but this might just be because of the very sensitive FLC8S. Maybe I just have exceptional hearing and should see this from the positive side :)
He said "With sensible sensitivity IEM's (Noble, Ultimate ears, Dita) I can hear absolutely no added hiss from Mojo".
Users have reported hearing some hiss, when using extremely sensitive IEMs, such as the SE846 (although to be fair, some SE846 owners report no hiss, so maybe the sensitivity of the owners hearing also needs to be considered) .
Presumably your IEMs fall into the same extremely sensitive category (and maybe your ears as well).
This just highlights the importance of synergy between the components in a hifi system - be they dac, iems or ears).

Jun 5, 2017 at 3:13 PM Post #32,554 of 42,788
eeek thats impressive very rare chd76864.sys (chord?) caused a blue screen :xf_eek: *i know i know why am i using windows hehe running latest everything on intel/nvidia creative update system was playing a wasapi flac over jriver

/me hides under the bed

Jun 5, 2017 at 3:27 PM Post #32,555 of 42,788
I for one think the X5iii and Mojo are an awesome combo and work great together. The Mojo is one device I will keep forever, i absolutely love the sound it produces.
I was just reading the Headphonics review and it said that the X5iii didn't work too well with Mojo via OTG. Have you got it connected some other way?

Jun 5, 2017 at 3:36 PM Post #32,556 of 42,788
I was just reading the Headphonics review and it said that the X5iii didn't work too well with Mojo via OTG. Have you got it connected some other way?

some people here will say that it works. it may function but it does not work well.

i experienced clicks and pops and did not like that there was no line level out via the USB OTG.

Jun 5, 2017 at 3:36 PM Post #32,557 of 42,788
eeek thats impressive very rare chd76864.sys (chord?) caused a blue screen :xf_eek: *i know i know why am i using windows hehe running latest everything on intel/nvidia creative update system was playing a wasapi flac over jriver

/me hides under the bed
If you are running the latest updates of everything - then you are performing the role of beta tester that all the different software/hardware works together ok.
Are you able to reproduce the error again?

Jun 5, 2017 at 7:01 PM Post #32,558 of 42,788
I'm not sure there's anything odd. Given the FLC8's impedance of 11 Ohms and sensitivity of 107dB SPL/mW I wouldn't be surprised if you hear a minor hiss. They are sensitive earphones.

I hear a very minor hiss with the JH Angie (17 Ohm, 117dB SPL/mW) and Noble K10 as well (around 30 Ohm - sensitivity unknown but it is high). Also consider that some people are more sensitive to hearing hiss than others.
I couldn't hear any hiss with JH Angie connected to Mojo. Guess I'm insensitive to hiss:gs1000smile:
Anyway, it will hardly be a problem when music plays even though there is a slight hiss.

Jun 5, 2017 at 7:48 PM Post #32,559 of 42,788
I couldn't hear any hiss with JH Angie connected to Mojo. Guess I'm insensitive to hiss:gs1000smile:
Anyway, it will hardly be a problem when music plays even though there is a slight hiss.

Exactly, different sensitivity to hiss is not unheard of. I only really notice it when I turn off the Mojo while the JH Angie is plugged in and then it's like 'oh, there was hiss'. it's not outrageous hiss or anything, but it is as the OP had described with his FLC8.

Jun 6, 2017 at 6:52 AM Post #32,560 of 42,788
I can`t find answer to my question in this thread. Sorry if it was discussed million times before.

I have Mojo in my office system so what will be the best choice for the longest battery life:

1. My Mojo always connected to charger when it plays music.

2. My Mojo gets full charge at night and plays without charger during working day.

What option will be the best? And Why?

Thanks!

Jun 6, 2017 at 7:42 AM Post #32,561 of 42,788
I can`t find answer to my question in this thread. Sorry if it was discussed million times before.

I have Mojo in my office system so what will be the best choice for the longest battery life:

1. My Mojo always connected to charger when it plays music.

2. My Mojo gets full charge at night and plays without charger during working day.

What option will be the best? And Why?

Thanks!

Lots of people will tell you it makes no difference, but for me its the option that allows the Mojo to stay coolest. For me that is only charge when its off overnight.

The battery is apparently high temperature tolerant, but I know from experience Li-Po and Li-ion batteries of any type don't like heat.

My Mojo is 18 months old now with over 200 charges and I still get a 6h+ life.

Jun 6, 2017 at 8:40 AM Post #32,562 of 42,788
Looking for a DAP to pair with the HUGO2 as a transport only as the DAC is just HUGO2. Which DAP has the best, fastest user interface, touch screen, with 200GB SD cards and Wifi/ blue tooth to permit streaming with TIDAL either on Wifi direct or via iPhone. Ideally under $1000? Don't care about sound quality of built in DAC or amp since will use optical or USB out to HUGO2 to IEM or TOTL Headphones.
THANKS

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2017 at 8:48 AM Post #32,563 of 42,788
Looking for a DAP to pair with the HUGO2 as a transport only as the DAC is just HUGO2. Which DAP has the best, fastest user interface, touch screen, with 200GB SD cards and Wifi/ blue tooth to permit streaming with TIDAL either on Wifi direct or via iPhone. Ideally under $1000? Don't care about sound quality of built in DAC or amp since will use optical or USB out to HUGO2 to IEM or TOTL Headphones.
THANKS
Not sure why you're looking for transport for the hugo2 here in the mojo thread but if you're just after something with an optical output and great UI why not go with the Cowon PM2 or a used P1. I quite like their UI and they have optical out so you can use them as a transport. :)

Jun 6, 2017 at 11:23 AM Post #32,565 of 42,788
Any amp suggestions for mojo ang hd800? Thinking about matrix mstage 3b with balanced out but jot sure with the pairing.

Thanks

I've been using my Mojo with the ifi iCAN Pro and it drives my HD800S's superbly. Adding a little X-Bass does wonders for the HD800S's low end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back