Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Nov 19, 2016 at 6:35 PM Post #26,086 of 42,765
I was thinking about the SD-card module and how it will attach to the Mojo. I know also they have exciting prototype or something. I was thinking about the charging though.

If you need to charge the SD module and the Mojo separately, it wouldn't be an issue. However if Chord allowed power to go through the SD-module and into the Mojo, both could be charged at once. Ta-daa.

Nov 19, 2016 at 7:21 PM Post #26,088 of 42,765
I was thinking about the SD-card module and how it will attach to the Mojo. I know also they have exciting prototype or something. I was thinking about the charging though.

If you need to charge the SD module and the Mojo separately, it wouldn't be an issue. However if Chord allowed power to go through the SD-module and into the Mojo, both could be charged at once. Ta-daa.

Failing that, I've just bought a guitar relay transmitter and receiver kit and it came with a small lead with standard USB one end and a split cable to two micro USBs other end allowing both units to be charged from a universal usb charger socket.

Nov 19, 2016 at 8:57 PM Post #26,089 of 42,765
Anyone have any idea what I should do if my unit's LED charging indicator looks purple white while, but when I plug the charger out its only ever showing green when I turn it on? Also there's a weird buzzing noise when I plug in the charger that turns into a barley audible hiss from a distance afterwards.

Will greatly appreciate the help!

Nov 19, 2016 at 9:18 PM Post #26,090 of 42,765
Anyone have any idea what I should do if my unit's LED charging indicator looks purple white while, but when I plug the charger out its only ever showing green when I turn it on? Also there's a weird buzzing noise when I plug in the charger that turns into a barley audible hiss from a distance afterwards.

Will greatly appreciate the help!

How long are you charging it for?

Nov 19, 2016 at 10:39 PM Post #26,094 of 42,765
I'm using a normal USB cable with the iPhone charging head! I have an iPad one as well, should I try that?

I find the iPhone charger to barely do the trick as the charger itself is only rated at 1A, and sometimes the Mojo's charging light blinks, meaning not enough current getting to the Mojo. Yes, use the iPad charger.

Also, charge the Mojo until the charging light goes out. This is when the battery is fully charged and likely why you only ever see green after many hours of charging with the iPhone charger.

The hissing while charging is perfectly normal. As the thread title suggests, please read the third post of this thread for information. In there you'll find the answers under the battery and charging section.

Nov 19, 2016 at 10:40 PM Post #26,095 of 42,765
I find the iPhone charger to barely do the trick as the charger itself is only rated at 1A, and sometimes the Mojo's charging light blinks, meaning not enough current getting to the Mojo. Yes, use the iPad charger.

Also, charge the Mojo until the charging light goes out. This is when the battery is fully charged and likely why you only ever see green after many hours of charging with the iPhone charger.

I see! Thanks so much everyone! I will try and see how it goes :)

Nov 20, 2016 at 3:45 AM Post #26,096 of 42,765
I'm thinking of simplifying the rig I use. 

How would the Mojo compare with my current DacMagic + Corda Concetro combination? I will stick with my trusty T1's.

Nov 20, 2016 at 4:09 AM Post #26,097 of 42,765
LOL.

Well, try to put yourself in Chord's position, for a moment.

I am not speaking for them, but the way I see it:

Spend thousands of dollars taking a booth at one of the world's major electronics shows, to interact with the public and to make major product announcements.

Then see if you are eager to undermine that by prematurely spilling the beans to one impatient person on a forum... :rolleyes:  

Was tht how Mojo info got leaked last time?

Nov 20, 2016 at 9:19 AM Post #26,098 of 42,765

LOL.

Well, try to put yourself in Chord's position, for a moment.

I am not speaking for them, but the way I see it:

Spend thousands of dollars taking a booth at one of the world's major electronics shows, to interact with the public and to make major product announcements.

Then see if you are eager to undermine that by prematurely spilling the beans to one impatient person on a forum...
rolleyes.gif

Was tht how Mojo info got leaked last time?

I can't comment on that.

Nov 20, 2016 at 10:00 AM Post #26,099 of 42,765
I can't comment on that.
The information was leaked about Mojo due to an unfortunate error on the part of our US distributor he didn't realise that by posting preliminary information on a private file that what he'd done was to post it world wide so we are trying to be more careful this time by not releasing too much info. All I can say is that I'm Looking forward to your opinions when it's all finally in the shops.

Nov 20, 2016 at 10:06 AM Post #26,100 of 42,765
Interesting previous post. Wonder what Grumpy thinks.

http://www.chord.co.uk/mobile/products.php?category=usb-and-digital-audio-interconnects

None for the Mojo to a phone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back