Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Nov 19, 2016 at 11:19 AM Post #26,071 of 42,765
He never directly answered my question.

He was responding to the same question, asked by other members.

There is a limit to the amount of commercially sensitive future product information that Chord can reveal on this forum, before the products have been revealed to the press (and then public) at CES. That inevitably means that sometimes these constraints, mean that JF has to give responses, that can seem obtuse, vague or cryptic, to a certain degree.

By all means, repeat your question to JF, but I doubt that his response will be different to 'wait until CES'. 
normal_smile .gif

Nov 19, 2016 at 11:45 AM Post #26,073 of 42,765
Some chargers are "smart" and don't deliver the full current if they think the device doesn't want it and they sometimes get it wrong. You might do better with a "dumb" charger.

Hey, I need to say thanks to everyone who offered their advice here; my Mojo is working perfectly now! The problem was a lot worse than a dumb charger, and a lot more common: a dumb [this is where I usually say dumb user, but there's no way I'm taking more than half the blame on this one!] I gotta say a dumb design here. Because making the color for 44khz sampling the same as for dead battery is flat out dumb. The whole color code thing is, uhh...lets go with "different."

As one reviewer put it, "different isn't better, better is better."

Even after perusing the owner's manual, and talking to people here, I didn't pick up on the rear charge light changing colors, i assumed it was an on/off binary type deal. Only when I remembered, "wait, didnt I read that the sample rate is supposed to get a color too? There aren't enough lights...." And that's how I put it all together.

==========>=[[[

So over on the HiFiMan RE-00 Massddrop discussion, I noted that a lot of the complaints people had could be translated as "This product isn't idiot-proof enough, and as an idiot, me offensive it think." (Seriously, one guy noticed you can unscrew the housing, went and unscrewed it, then complained that his "broke." Like, What.did you think would happen? There'd be candy inside? When I noticed the same looseness in mine, I tightened it!) So, the question I'm mulling over is whether my complaint boils down to the same thing

I can think of arguments fou either side. But the reason I'm going with "no" is it's not reasonable to expect
users to know anything at all about the colors that we're probably proposed as a joke on 'Bring your 5th grader to Work' day. It's unintuitive and irrational, it.generates false-positives that suggest you do undergo instructions inadequate. I wouldn't expect most reasonable, rational adults to unscrew an IEM housing act like they had nothing to do with it. How many of you were fluent in Mojo-lighto by day 2?

Ugh. Well at least the thing sounds pretty good

--pete
"Mr. ID-ten-Tee"

Nov 19, 2016 at 1:16 PM Post #26,074 of 42,765
Hey, I need to say thanks to everyone who offered their advice here; my Mojo is working perfectly now! The problem was a lot worse than a dumb charger, and a lot more common: a dumb [this is where I usually say dumb user, but there's no way I'm taking more than half the blame on this one!] I gotta say a dumb design here. Because making the color for 44khz sampling the same as for dead battery is flat out dumb. The whole color code thing is, uhh...lets go with "different."

Even after perusing the owner's manual, and talking to people here, I didn't pick up on the rear charge light changing colors, i assumed it was an on/off binary type deal. Only when I remembered, "wait, didnt I read that the sample rate is supposed to get a color too? There aren't enough lights...." And that's how I put it all together.

==========>=[[[

So over on the HiFiMan RE-00 Massddrop discussion, I noted that a lot of the complaints people had could be translated as "This product isn't idiot-proof enough, and as an idiot, me offensive it think." (Seriously, one guy noticed you can unscrew the housing, went and unscrewed it, then complained that his "broke." Like, What.did you think would happen? There'd be candy inside? When I noticed the same looseness in mine, I tightened it!) So, the question I'm mulling over is whether my complaint boils down to the same thing

I can think of arguments fou either side. But the reason I'm going with "no" is it's not reasonable to expect
users to know anything at all about the colors that we're probably proposed as a joke on 'Bring your 5th grader to Work' day. It's unintuitive and irrational, it.generates false-positives that suggest you do undergo instructions inadequate. I wouldn't expect most reasonable, rational adults to unscrew an IEM housing act like they had nothing to do with it. How many of you were fluent in Mojo-lighto by day 2?

--pete
"Mr. ID-ten-Tee"

You know what they say, "RTFM". 

Nov 19, 2016 at 1:36 PM Post #26,075 of 42,765

==========>=[[[

--pete
"Mr. ID-ten-Tee"

@Mython must have devoted hundreds of hours of unpaid effort, into creating the knowledge base in post #3, to help answer the questions of new users.
Many of the other users also happily devote many hours of unpaid effort, into answering questions from new users.

Inevitably the easiest way to wind up all these volunteers, is for any posters to state that they could not be bothered to read manuals, or user help pages, or the Chord website - and then complain that the product is not intuitive enough, that a complete ***** could use it.

Steve Jobs who pioneered the use of intuitive and simple UI and products, was the first to admit that developing a simple/intuitive UI for complex products/functionalities, required a lot of investment in time and money. It does not magically happen with zero effort and cost, so users should accept a certain element of personal responsibility, and RTFM, user guide, web page etc.

Nov 19, 2016 at 2:33 PM Post #26,077 of 42,765
@Mython must have devoted hundreds of hours of unpaid effort, into creating the knowledge base in post #3, to help answer the questions of new users.
Many of the other users also happily devote many hours of unpaid effort, into answering questions from new users.

Inevitably the easiest way to wind up all these volunteers, is for any posters to state that they could not be bothered to read manuals, or user help pages, or the Chord website - and then complain that the product is not intuitive enough, that a complete ***** could use it.

Steve Jobs who pioneered the use of intuitive and simple UI and products, was the first to admit that developing a simple/intuitive UI for complex products/functionalities, required a lot of investment in time and money. It does not magically happen with zero effort and cost, so users should accept a certain element of personal responsibility, and RTFM, user guide, web page etc.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. You quoted me, so it sounds as if you're addressing me, but I didn't do anything remotely like that to "wind up" other posters. In fact in the very first sentence, I offered a sincere thank you to everyone who tried to help, maybe you were aiming that barb at somebody else ? Uncleatk

I know well that " developing a simple/intuitive UI for complex products/functionalities, required a lot of investment..." But again, I'm not following how it has anything to do with the Mojo.....i

Nov 19, 2016 at 2:42 PM Post #26,078 of 42,765
I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. You quoted me, so it sounds as if you're addressing me, but I didn't do anything remotely like that to "wind up" other posters. In fact in the very first sentence, I offered a sincere thank you to everyone who tried to help, maybe you were aiming that barb at somebody else ? Uncleatk

I know well that " developing a simple/intuitive UI for complex products/functionalities, required a lot of investment..." But again, I'm not following how it has anything to do with the Mojo.....i

it wasn't aimed at you - it was a generic observation that some people do post on this thread, and then mention that they cannot be bothered to read the manual, or search the thread, and then still complain that they cannot understand how something works.

some of the individuals you mentioned in your post, sounded as if they belonged in that category of people. 
regular_smile .gif

Nov 19, 2016 at 2:54 PM Post #26,079 of 42,765
Just FWIW.I clocked tree battery status lights straight off and was very pleased that there is an incremental indicator so art least there is some idea of how much life there is left in the battery.

Nov 19, 2016 at 3:02 PM Post #26,081 of 42,765
Just FWIW.I clocked tree battery status lights straight off and was very pleased that there is an incremental indicator so art least there is some idea of how much life there is left in the battery.

There are not tree battery lights, there is only one. Pmsl :)

Nov 19, 2016 at 4:50 PM Post #26,084 of 42,765
I did "RTFM.," which you would know if you had "RMFP" (which is so ironic it would be funny if it wasn't so sad). Do you actually have abything useful to say?

Advice:

Insert headphones
Close your eyes
Adjust volume to the level you require with unmatched precision
Don't worry about what colour your balls glow
Enjoy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back