Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 16, 2016 at 2:55 PM Post #24,196 of 42,765

Yeah, the shop has a 15 day return/exchange policy, so I just sent them an email. Should be able to visit them on Saturday to deal with it as it is within 15 days.

Not sure if I will stick with the Mojo or get something else instead.

Oct 16, 2016 at 2:59 PM Post #24,197 of 42,765

Yeah, the shop has a 15 day return/exchange policy, so I just sent them an email. Should be able to visit them on Saturday to deal with it as it is within 15 days.

Not sure if I will stick with the Mojo or get something else instead.

What are the other devices you're looking at? I have an extra portable amp that I want to stack with a DAC. Just need to find something that can decode up to 32/384 in a package roughly the same size as Mojo.

Oct 16, 2016 at 3:08 PM Post #24,198 of 42,765
Mind sharing the pictures with us about the gouge found around the colour balls ?

Sure. I've had this for four days now. I had it in a felt pocket with a usb cable otherwise it hasn't rubbed up against anything potentially hard. Those marks are not possible from a USB cable, and if it had been that you would see the bare metal not the coating you see over those marks.

This defect sure looks unpleasant to the eyes . Maybe it's not very noticeable in real life , but once you started to pick it out , it's a sore to the eyes no matter how tiny it is , as you know it's there ..

And this is the kind of defects I would not hesitate to have sent it back to asked for a replacement set .

You should return it and ask for replacement .

Oct 16, 2016 at 3:12 PM Post #24,199 of 42,765
What are the other devices you're looking at? I have an extra portable amp that I want to stack with a DAC. Just need to find something that can decode up to 32/384 in a package roughly the same size as Mojo.

LH LABS - GEEK OUT V2 INFINITY

I haven't decided yet, but I might go with an LH Labs Geek Out V2 Infinity. Need to read some reviews of it. But the specs and portability seem great.

"Geek Out V2 Infinity is the most transparent DAC you can find, supporting PCM up to 32/384 kHz and DSD up to 128 times the sample rate of a CD."

Oct 16, 2016 at 3:19 PM Post #24,200 of 42,765

LH LABS - GEEK OUT V2 INFINITY

I haven't decided yet, but I might go with an LH Labs Geek Out V2 Infinity. Need to read some reviews of it. But the specs and portability seem great.

"Geek Out V2 Infinity is the most transparent DAC you can find, supporting PCM up to 32/384 kHz and DSD up to 128 times the sample rate of a CD."

you would be limited to usb input, with no coaxial or optical, but maybe that is not an issue for you.

Oct 16, 2016 at 3:43 PM Post #24,201 of 42,765
  you would be limited to usb input, with no coaxial or optical, but maybe that is not an issue for you.

Generally speaking it isn't an issue. The small size appeals to me for portability, bringing it to work, or using it with my laptop when I travel. I don't have any headphones that I can't run out of my phone if I am on public transit, which isn't often, and I care more about distraction than audio quality in that environment.

Oct 16, 2016 at 4:06 PM Post #24,202 of 42,765
Mind sharing the pictures with us about the gouge found around the colour balls ?
The balla are originally clear and transparent. We tumble them with an abrasive compound to give them their translucent coat. The surface of the balls will mark at first due to the pressure of metal ball surround contact points compressing the surfaces of the microscopic peaks of the roughened surface of the newly tumbled balls. This was expected and will soon become less obvious as the balls settle in having been used for a week or two.

Oct 16, 2016 at 4:06 PM Post #24,203 of 42,765
The balls are originally clear and transparent. We tumble them with an abrasive compound to give them their translucent coat. The surface of the balls will mark at first due to the pressure of metal ball surround contact points compressing the surfaces of the microscopic peaks of the roughened surface of the newly tumbled balls. This was expected and will soon become less obvious as the balls settle in having been used for a week or two.

Oct 16, 2016 at 8:36 PM Post #24,207 of 42,765
8a369cebdce9d643f2cd9b4d89bad378.jpg

4fd68c4332a666c43040fbdf355e4b3f.jpg

286bcd5b2c5d8dbd59c5cde08efc34f7.jpg

The angled cables have arrived. Much better than the stock Chord one. Same brand though and fits perfectly.

Wish the other end was angled, too...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back