Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 4, 2016 at 1:44 PM Post #23,611 of 42,765
  Personally, I am bemused at how some people find it such an agonising struggle to just let their electronic products charge fully for the first time, before using them.

Doesn't even matter whether one 'believes' in the need to fully charge before using for the first time. Just be pragmatic, cover your bases, and let the darn thing charge for a few hours until it's full - how hard can it be?
blink.gif

If one doesn't have the personal willpower to do something so simple, then good luck with the rest of life experience - you're going to need it.

popcorn.gif

I was "lucky" in that my Mojo arrived at the end of the day and I only had time to plug it in and start it charging before having to turn my attention to my son getting up from his afternoon nap. It was happily charged and waiting for me the next morning.

Oct 4, 2016 at 3:49 PM Post #23,612 of 42,765
And ... I've made it. The journey of reading this whole thread is now complete (until the next post). I think I started mid August. I skimmed over a fair amount as well (same questions over and over, cables cables cables, can/cannot power <X> headphones to "full authority", Apple/Android sux!), especially where it wasn't relevant to my situation.

/Sigh ... do I get a cookie or something? Well, I'll just get myself one ...

Now I'll need to start a thread about finding new headphones (and yes, I recall the saying well, "Welcome to Head-Fi, sorry about your wallet", LOL).

Cheers all, and now I think it's time for my appointment for the fitting of my white coat with arms that wrap around so I can hug myself.

Oct 4, 2016 at 3:52 PM Post #23,613 of 42,765
Is that the same thing you said when you referred to Mojo preset as 3V? Units matter. Especially when you're answering someone's question. If they knew the answer, they wouldn't ask in the first place.

You were given pointers where to find answers yourself, which you seemed very reluctant to do.

By the way, Chord states the Mojo line out preset is 3V in the manual, Rob Watts says V not V root mean square. Go and educate the rest of the industry if you can't grasp the implication for a line output. Please take the passive aggressive semantics argument elsewhere. Good luck in the rest of this thread. I see no need to respond to you further.

Oct 4, 2016 at 3:53 PM Post #23,614 of 42,765
  And ... I've made it. The journey of reading this whole thread is now complete (until the next post). I think I started mid August. I skimmed over a fair amount as well (same questions over and over, cables cables cables, can/cannot power <X> headphones to "full authority", Apple/Android sux!), especially where it wasn't relevant to my situation.

/Sigh ... do I get a cookie or something? Well, I'll just get myself one ...

Now I'll need to start a thread about finding new headphones (and yes, I recall the saying well, "Welcome to Head-Fi, sorry about your wallet", LOL).

Cheers all, and now I think it's time for my appointment for the fitting of my white coat with arms that wrap around so I can hug myself.

Thankyou for making the effort - I wouldn't expect anyone to read almost 1600 pages, but some seemingly can't be bothered to read more than one (the last one in the thread, that they happen to land on, at the time they visit).

beerchug.gif

Oct 4, 2016 at 4:13 PM Post #23,617 of 42,765
You were given pointers where to find answers yourself, which you seemed very reluctant to do.

By the way, Chord states the Mojo line out preset is 3V in the manual, Rob Watts says V not V root mean square. Go and educate the rest of the industry if you can't grasp the implication for a line output. Please take the passive aggressive semantics argument elsewhere. Good luck in the rest of this thread. I see no need to respond to you further.

The post I saw from him stated 3Vrms, and I explained why I was reluctant to do so (the information in the thread was factually incorrect). But that's not the point. We're talking about your dB-with-no-reference answer to a sensitivity question.

It's not passive aggressive... I'm being very direct, and purposefully so. This type of flippant attitude about important details just makes things more confusing and creates a barrier to communication. The fact that people around here seem to not care about the technical details as much as how vegetal the sound is, or whatever the word du jour is, doesn't make it any less misleading.

But thanks for your well wishes.

Oct 4, 2016 at 4:26 PM Post #23,618 of 42,765
Anyone use any cheap Android phone for the purpose of a transport to mojo solely? One that works with USB OTG?

Getting rid of the horror ibasso dx80 and hopefully I can find a cheap android phone closer to the size of thr mojo

My phone is an Xperia Z5c and it serves this purpose... I don't use any separate DAPs. Spending that kind of money on a transport is a bit of a waste, and it's one less thing to carry around. Since it's just a transport, there is no difference in sound quality.

Oct 4, 2016 at 4:50 PM Post #23,620 of 42,765
Got the expansion kit yesterday.Good news is that with it the Mojo is exactly as ling as the DP-X1. Bad news I can't use both the extension box and the gorgeous Mojo Dignis case.Will have to see if I can fix that.The OTG cable is a bit too long and the straight micro USB plug into the DAP is not ideal. I've got another one with angled connector but unfortunately the female USB does not fit through into the box. I'm sure there's something suitable on eBay

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Oct 4, 2016 at 4:53 PM Post #23,621 of 42,765
The post I saw from him stated 3Vrms, and I explained why I was reluctant to do so (the information in the thread was factually incorrect). But that's not the point. We're talking about your dB-with-no-reference answer to a sensitivity question.

It's not passive aggressive... I'm being very direct, and purposefully so. This type of flippant attitude about important details just makes things more confusing and creates a barrier to communication. The fact that people around here seem to not care about the technical details as much as how vegetal the sound is, or whatever the word du jour is, doesn't make it any less misleading.

But thanks for your well wishes.

Sigh. What else would the sensitivity rating be for other than for SPL? Would you also demand it be listed for 5mm from the ear drum for an ear bud as SPL reduces over a distance? It's simply shorthand and perfectly accepted by many manufacturers. As was pointed out to you earlier, this is not a forum for the purpose of producing engineering white papers. It's a forum of consumers that use these measurements for comparative reasons and thus there are certain shortcuts taken when stating specs. It happens everywhere in the Head Fi culture. Yes, exacting terminology would be more accurate. Yes, I'm guilty of using the shorthand. For 99.9999% of readers it doesn't matter as they are used to the shorthand. You just seem to have the desire to nit pick in this thread, and it is nit picking. I get your point though.

Edit: In the end though, it has nothing to do with the Mojo specifically and is de-railing this thread. If you want to discuss this outside the Mojo thread then feel free to PM me.

Oct 4, 2016 at 5:15 PM Post #23,622 of 42,765
OK now that this is settled I am gonna shout out that TRANSPORT DOES MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
The most obvious difference would be the output of the given transport.
Many here stated a preference for either Coax, optical or USB.
But I go further an say that there are other things at play, like the amount of electical noise traveling through the USB path for example. Especially since Mojo is not galvanicly isolated.
So it seems logical that a dedicated transport with the sole purpose of delivering Music to Mojo, without dozens of background processes has advantages, at least for a non engineer like me :wink:
Then there are different operating systems, which IMHO sound different as well.

At least that are my two cents on the matter... OK maybe it's just one, but it's supposed to bring luck :D

Cheers

Oct 4, 2016 at 5:30 PM Post #23,623 of 42,765
OK now that this is settled I am gonna shout out that TRANSPORT DOES MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
But I go further an say that there are other things at play, like the amount of electical noise traveling through the USB path for example. Especially since Mojo is not galvanicly isolated.
So it seems logical that a dedicated transport with the sole purpose of delivering Music to Mojo, without dozens of background processes has advantages, at least for a non engineer like me
wink.gif

At least that are my two cents on the matter... OK maybe it's just one, but it's supposed to bring luck
biggrin.gif

Cheers

totally agree

i wonder how come people did not observe this as it a clear difference what transport u use on sq

Oct 4, 2016 at 5:32 PM Post #23,624 of 42,765

So it seems logical that a dedicated transport with the sole purpose of delivering Music to Mojo, without dozens of background processes has advantages, at least for a non engineer like me
wink.gif

At least that are my two cents on the matter... OK maybe it's just one, but it's supposed to bring luck
biggrin.gif

Cheers

totally agree

i wonder how come people did not observe this as it a clear difference what transport u use on sq

It has been mentioned, periodically, throughout the latter half of the thread.

Oct 4, 2016 at 6:23 PM Post #23,625 of 42,765
So it seems logical that a dedicated transport with the sole purpose of delivering Music to Mojo, without dozens of background processes has advantages, at least for a non engineer like me :wink:

At least that are my two cents on the matter... OK maybe it's just one, but it's supposed to bring luck :D

Cheers

+1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back