Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Sep 1, 2016 at 5:43 PM Post #22,096 of 42,765
I must say myself I am quite 'angry' at how this module has been released. I am very new to this type of audio yet still have all the cables I need. I was hoping for a module at a reasonable price, not to be forced to buy a kit with a load of cables I will never need. I don't use android so will never need those cables. I own nothing that requires optical cables so will never need those. It just annoys me.
Dear Chord, please can we have the ability to buy the module alone? Thank you.
Are you really angry? we've released this pack as quickly as we possibly could it is not a product that we are particularly making money on. Pulling this together has not been easy! We have done it to help those total newbies that want to get started and don't know anything about cables and have never heard of Taobao.

Sep 1, 2016 at 5:57 PM Post #22,097 of 42,765
Are you really angry? Yes I am. I thought the module could be bought alone. If a new person wants the whole pack then that is great, you could have given us the option. So yes, I am angry we do not have that option to buy the module on its own. As I said, I am new to this, however do not need any Android USB or optical cables so I resent having to pay for them.
we've released this pack as quickly as we possibly could it is not a product that we are particularly making money on. I understand you have gotten this pack out very quickly and for that I am impressed and grateful, I am. As to how much money you make on it, that is not something I think about. I am the consumer, I think about the value to me, in terms of quality, price, value for money, etc. If I read reviews on this pack and they all say it is great value for money that I would respect that. I have no skills to determine the value of your products, I just don't have those skills to know that.
Pulling this together has not been easy! Sorry but I have no understanding of your manufacturing capabilities so how 'hard' it has been does not really mean anything to me. If something is hard or otherwise then that is the daily challenge that I would think you thrive on. As above, the quick release of this product is great, the product itself looks great.
We have done it to help those total newbies that want to get started and don't know anything about cables and have never heard of Taobao. I totally get this I do. But what about those of us that don't want cables? Why can't we buy the module alone? I have already spent extra money on cables before I even knew this module was in existence, I don't really want to pay for anymore.
With this all said, please understand this, what you have released is great, how you are thinking of your consumer base is great. I just expected a module on its own with the option of that pack if you need it. I am not trying to belittle what you have achieved in any way, I can see how my posts may actually look that way, however I really want to stress, that is not how I feel about what you have done. I love the Mojo no matter what anyone says, I absolutely am incredibly grateful that a UK company is making it! I look at the Made in England label and its superb.

Thanks for your fast reply, please see my answers above.

Sep 1, 2016 at 6:04 PM Post #22,098 of 42,765
From a retailer perspective i think it's great tbh. I'm forever asking the question of customers. What are you connecting the mojo t? in order to best advise the cable. This fits the bill perfectly. It's just a complete pack to get a new mojo owner up and running.

lucky we are fortunate to be able to supply our customers the relevant connection from our extensive range but their will be other stores not in such a fortunate position and the customer would need to go elsewhere to get the cables. Now it can easily be supplied alongside

Sep 1, 2016 at 6:05 PM Post #22,099 of 42,765

I've had the Lavricable for for several months. Every once in a while, my iPhone 6S doesn't recognize it. First, I simply unplug it from the iPhone and plug in back in. Most all the time, that fixes it.

If it doesn't, do a "force restart" in the iPhone by holding down by the Home button and Power button until the screen goes black (about 10 seconds).

Hope that helps!! If you still have issues, please pm me.

Thanks rwelles,

I've had my Lavricable several months as well.  Initially it worked a few times then had intermittent connection issues which were resolved with unplugging and plugging in/turning the Mojo on/off a few times.  This latest occurrence is the most resistant to a resolution.

I've read your advice and tried several "force" restarts without avail;  I've tried various combinations of restarts with the Mojo on and then off without success.  Then I read that the system (Mojo and iPhone + Lavricable) might need a "reset" with a CCK + micro USB cable (I used the short one that came with the Mojo).  I bought a CCK today and with the short Mojo supplied USB, this seems to have allowed the Lavricable to become functional again.

Interestingly, in today's experience, plugging in the Lightening end to the iPhone, the Lavricable initially worked only when oriented in one way.  When I flipped the Lightening connector 180 degrees it did not work.  After I switched the cable to the CCK/short USB and back to the Lavricable, there was no longer any issues with whatever side of the lightening cable was used.

This doesn't make sense but if it works, I'll have to carry along the CCK/short USB in addition to the Lavricable so a reset can be done while traveling. 

Sep 1, 2016 at 6:06 PM Post #22,100 of 42,765
From a retailer perspective i think it's great tbh. I'm forever asking the question of customers. What are you connecting the mojo t? in order to best advise the cable. This fits the bill perfectly. It's just a complete pack to get a new mojo owner up and running.

lucky we are fortunate to be able to supply our customers the relevant connection from our extensive range but their will be other stores not in such a fortunate position and the customer would need to go elsewhere to get the cables. Now it can easily be supplied alongside

PhilW, I actually agree with you, for those that want the cables it's an ideal package.

Sep 1, 2016 at 6:34 PM Post #22,102 of 42,765
So if I were to always have the extender module on, would I be able to use the unit and charge it in a desktop scenario? Do you think you could post a few better pictures of the module so I could see all the inputs?

Sep 1, 2016 at 7:04 PM Post #22,105 of 42,765
So how would this work in a mobile scenario if it both connects to mojo and takes power? The better question is, how would the module know I am connecting it to a mobile phone and not a wall outlet?

You may have missed a post from a few days back. The module will have 2 ports. 

1 x USB A port for digital signal
1 x microUSB port for charging

Sep 1, 2016 at 7:06 PM Post #22,106 of 42,765
So how would this work in a mobile scenario if it both connects to mojo and takes power? The better question is, how would the module know I am connecting it to a mobile phone and not a wall outlet?
do you have a MoJo?

The MoJo has 2 inputs. One for data and one for charging. This is the same when using adapter. One data and one charge.

Sep 1, 2016 at 7:10 PM Post #22,107 of 42,765
Audio Signal:  USB A Port on Module ------------ Bridged to --------- Mojo's Digital-In Micro-USB Port
Charging:       Micro USB Port on Module ------- Bridged to --------- Mojo's Charging Micro-USB port

Sep 1, 2016 at 7:39 PM Post #22,108 of 42,765
I like the idea of the USB A for input and to be honest anything that, even in a desktop setup, takes potential direct strain off both the existing micro USB connections is a good thing. Just wish I hadn't just forked out for a new Supra micro USB cable!

I must admit it, a module only option would make it a more attractive option for me.

Sep 1, 2016 at 8:16 PM Post #22,109 of 42,765
do you have a MoJo?

The MoJo has 2 inputs. One for data and one for charging. This is the same when using adapter. One data and one charge.

Ah I see now. I was under the impression that the module somehow combined both of them for convience purposes, i completely forgot for a moment there that Rob designed one usb port for charging and the other for data. If I could see a better picture I would have realized that...

Anyways, I will be buying one of these exclusively because I travel frequently with Mojo. 

Sep 1, 2016 at 9:18 PM Post #22,110 of 42,765

Thanks rwelles,

I've had my Lavricable several months as well.  Initially it worked a few times then had intermittent connection issues which were resolved with unplugging and plugging in/turning the Mojo on/off a few times.  This latest occurrence is the most resistant to a resolution.

I've read your advice and tried several "force" restarts without avail;  I've tried various combinations of restarts with the Mojo on and then off without success.  Then I read that the system (Mojo and iPhone + Lavricable) might need a "reset" with a CCK + micro USB cable (I used the short one that came with the Mojo).  I bought a CCK today and with the short Mojo supplied USB, this seems to have allowed the Lavricable to become functional again.

Interestingly, in today's experience, plugging in the Lightening end to the iPhone, the Lavricable initially worked only when oriented in one way.  When I flipped the Lightening connector 180 degrees it did not work.  After I switched the cable to the CCK/short USB and back to the Lavricable, there was no longer any issues with whatever side of the lightening cable was used.

This doesn't make sense but if it works, I'll have to carry along the CCK/short USB in addition to the Lavricable so a reset can be done while traveling. 

I am resending an earler post I made that still holds true:

Are you using the Penon Pure Silver Decoding cable, http://penonaudio.com/Lightning-Pure-Silver-Decoding-Cable (this is taking me back to the days of trading decoder rings we found in CrackerJack boxes) and is it holding up well? 

It's my understanding that the Penon L19 and their $34.99 LIGHTNING TO MICRO USB PURE SILVER CABLE won't work with the iPhone as they lack the Apple chip.  Do you know if that is correct, so that their only option is the Decoding Cable?  

The Penon is the only aftermarket cable I have that has worked. I suspect the lavri and the Filo only "fool" the apple docking. The Penon is actually rebuilt with the chip in it. It has worked 100% of the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back