Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Sep 2, 2016 at 6:16 AM Post #22,127 of 42,765
Maybe, maybe not. I always buy iPhone. You don't supply any cables for iPhone. CCK is what I need.
Secondly, would you just answer me the one question I ask? Why won't you sell the module alone? Just asking :thumbsup_tone1:

From what I know about manufacturing it's the module that's the big cost here. Remember that Chord, or their contracted manufacturer, would have needed to tool up for the production of it, and that's a big cost in itself. Also the module will only be of interest to Mojo owners so therefore it would be a relatively limited production run, meaning that the total production cost per module is significantly higher than if they were producing millions upon millions of these

The cables themselves seem to be generics, and bought in bulk would cost relatively little. So you could either have the module alone at £45, or the module and cables at £49.

Sep 2, 2016 at 6:18 AM Post #22,128 of 42,765
  I must say myself I am quite 'angry' at how this module has been released. I am very new to this type of audio yet still have all the cables I need. I was hoping for a module at a reasonable price, not to be forced to buy a kit with a load of cables I will never need. I don't use android so will never need those cables. I own nothing that requires optical cables so will never need those. It just annoys me.
Dear Chord, please can we have the ability to buy the module alone? Thank you.

I can empathise with that.

However when I got my Mojo, I thought I would never need more that USB. Yet I am right this minute listening to a DAB tuner through optical. I am also thinking long and hard about getting an Android phone, and I never saw that coming.

I have no idea what the module in this pack is by the way. I think it's something to do with Apple products. For sure I know I will not use that. Apple iTunes drives me mad.

Not that I would buy this Chord Cable Pack, I think because cables I need are longer. Basically because I use the Mojo as a desktop DAC. I also intend using my Mojo about the house with a file transport, but any cable will do that. Long or short.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Sep 2, 2016 at 6:26 AM Post #22,129 of 42,765
From what I know about manufacturing it's the module that's the big cost here. Remember that Chord, or their contracted manufacturer, would have needed to tool up for the production of it, and that's a big cost in itself. Also the module will only be of interest to Mojo owners so therefore it would be a relatively limited production run, meaning that the total production cost per module is significantly higher than if they were producing millions upon millions of these

The cables themselves seem to be generics, and bought in bulk would cost relatively little. So you could either have the module alone at £45, or the module and cables at £49.

Yeah I understand how the cost could be higher due to the production run, etc
Your price guesses are roughly what I am thinking of. I was guessing the module would maybe sell for £45. I would have bought it last night.
With cables, it is selling for £60. I am a gadget mad person, however that means portable, not any kind of stereo, desk box, desk amp, that will ever need those cables, I just won't be buying that kind of gear. So for me, I would much prefer a module for cheaper price.
EDIT - I have come back to my own reply here (and I am laughing whilst I read my own reply), so basically then Rich (thats me), you would rather pay £45 for "a box" alone, than pay an extra £15 for a complete pack of leads that may, just may, come in handy one day when your audiophile bug gets worse! About right for me that is. Some sort of weird logic I apply at times.

Sep 2, 2016 at 6:32 AM Post #22,130 of 42,765
  I have no idea what the module in this pack is by the way. I think it's something to do with Apple products. For sure I know I will not use that. Apple iTunes drives me mad.

Say what now?!?!?!??? 
confused_face_2.gif

Yes, if you think that, your confirmation that you have no idea what the module is for is correct.

(hint: it has absolutely nothing to do with Apple)

Sep 2, 2016 at 6:32 AM Post #22,131 of 42,765

I can empathise with that.

However when I got my Mojo, I thought I would never need more that USB. Yet I am right this minute listening to a DAB tuner through optical. I am also thinking long and hard about getting an Android phone, and I never saw that coming.
Android - I will never buy one again. I had a new LG G3. New it was awesome. However I like to actually put stuff on the phone and use it. Thats where it all went downhill. Software slowed the phone and made it laggy. The UI became so slow I might as well have been using my iPhone 3GS. So that is now sat in a drawer collecting dust. Purely my humble opinion, Apple all the way for me.

The Module is for the Mojo and has nothing to connect it to Apple devices "out of the box".

Not that I would buy this Chord Cable Pack, I think because cables I need are longer. Basically because I use the Mojo as a desktop DAC. I also intend using my Mojo about the house with a file transport, but any cable will do that. Long or short.
Fair comments. I have no desktop music gear at all, not even a stereo. All my listening is on iPhone via Mojo or Sony NW-ZX2

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
Thanks for that. :)

Sep 2, 2016 at 7:15 AM Post #22,132 of 42,765
Yes, in fact I'd go as far to say that using a 2A charger is a better bet as not all 1A chargers are able to continuously deliver 1A, and therefore not able to charge the Mojo correctly.
My experience with this is that it will drain the battery, but only slightly. In my case after a few hours listening with the charger connected the Mojo will carry on charging for about 10 minutes after you've turned it off.

hmmm use 2A not overwatt? Ok thanks for your share :))
Quote:

I use Mojo as a desktop DAC. The best method is to charge the Mojo fully, then leave the charger plugged in, and play music.

oh well i will follow your method.. with 2 port: 1 too pc, 1 too wall with blue led right?

Sep 2, 2016 at 7:44 AM Post #22,133 of 42,765
Sep 2, 2016 at 7:57 AM Post #22,134 of 42,765

Yes, in fact I'd go as far to say that using a 2A charger is a better bet as not all 1A chargers are able to continuously deliver 1A, and therefore not able to charge the Mojo correctly.
My experience with this is that it will drain the battery, but only slightly. In my case after a few hours listening with the charger connected the Mojo will carry on charging for about 10 minutes after you've turned it off.

hmmm use 2A not overwatt? Ok thanks for your share :))

A 2A charger will be perfectly fine.

Mojo will only draw as much current as it requires

Please read the section on 'Battery & Charging', in post #3

Sep 2, 2016 at 8:04 AM Post #22,135 of 42,765

Apple and iTunes is a bit like this for some people..................................but more like this for others! 

Sep 2, 2016 at 8:56 AM Post #22,136 of 42,765

A 2A charger will be perfectly fine.

Mojo will only draw as much current as it requires

Please read the section on 'Battery & Charging', in post #3

yeah i already read it..
after i test my mojo with charging + playing music together... the led is blue
and after turn off my mojo, it's start charging again? 
i play music 2 hours with charging condition, and after i turn off my mojo the charging section already run at least 1 hours with white led, is it normal?
it's like not really charging and playing music together.. just eac

Sep 2, 2016 at 9:05 AM Post #22,137 of 42,765

Say what now?!?!?!??? 
confused_face_2.gif

Yes, if you think that, your confirmation that you have no idea what the module is for is correct.

(hint: it has absolutely nothing to do with Apple)

I have no idea then. I just looked on the Chord website and it's not up there yet.

I read ages ago it was a battery life extender, then read it was an module for Apple products. I think maybe there were some self built devices that I saw. Since there were no official Chord modules made then.

EDIT: I just read John Franks post again. I read it's a USB adapter module. I don't know what we need that for. Anyway I am sure it will be discussed in time so I can decide if I need it.

Sep 2, 2016 at 9:33 AM Post #22,138 of 42,765
  yeah i already read it..
after i test my mojo with charging + playing music together... the led is blue
and after turn off my mojo, it's start charging again? 
i play music 2 hours with charging condition, and after i turn off my mojo the charging section already run at least 1 hours with white led, is it normal?
it's like not really charging and playing music together.. just eac

Seems normal.  Don't think the charger maintains 100% charge when charging while you are playing at the same time.  Blue light merely indicates you have at least an 80% charge.

Sep 2, 2016 at 9:36 AM Post #22,139 of 42,765

For those of you that have ordered this cable recently, are you noticing any intermittent issues with the iOS device recognizing the Mojo? I have a Fiio L19 cable that works great.... when it works but I frequently get into a situation where the iOS device doesn't recognize (and use) the Mojo and I need to revert to the official Apple CCK option until the Fiio cable starts working again for whatever reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back