Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Sep 2, 2016 at 10:57 AM Post #22,141 of 42,765

For those of you that have ordered this cable recently, are you noticing any intermittent issues with the iOS device recognizing the Mojo? I have a Fiio L19 cable that works great.... when it works but I frequently get into a situation where the iOS device doesn't recognize (and use) the Mojo and I need to revert to the official Apple CCK option until the Fiio cable starts working again for whatever reason.

Everyone that can afford it should buy the Penon cable. It is the best solution for us iFolks. It just simply works is nicely built.

Sep 2, 2016 at 11:23 AM Post #22,142 of 42,765
I just received the Penon cable and have no complaints, +1!

Sep 2, 2016 at 12:18 PM Post #22,146 of 42,765

I suppose a consistently working cable is better than a flaky cable with right-angle connectors.

But why should a wrong-angle cable be flaky?
devil_face.gif

And why no co-axial cable is included? or am I mistaken?
blink.gif

Sep 2, 2016 at 12:30 PM Post #22,148 of 42,765
  yeah i already read it..
after i test my mojo with charging + playing music together... the led is blue
and after turn off my mojo, it's start charging again? 
i play music 2 hours with charging condition, and after i turn off my mojo the charging section already run at least 1 hours with white led, is it normal?
it's like not really charging and playing music together.. just eac

When the charger is plugged in, it is charging. Regardless you play music or not. (Only charges slower, when you play music, but eventually it will be fully charged.) When Mojo is constantly plugged in though, this is not an issue at all. You can forget about charging, it will behave as a desktop DAC.
Not like we are not helpful, all the forum members are happy to answer any questions, but all of this charging/different ports information is very easy to find either under post #3 or Chord's website.

Edit: I am saying this, because it is still hard to keep up with this thread due to the tons of comments. This shows Mojo's popularity, which is good, but regular members do not want to read the same questions again and again. And when there is search function, plus easy access to common Q/A, reading 100 posts of unnecessary information out of the 200 posts when catching up after two days might gonna slightly annoy some.

Sep 2, 2016 at 1:33 PM Post #22,149 of 42,765
  Well, about 375 pages into this thread, I could no longer take it and ordered myself a Mojo. It should be here in two days (ordered from a local shop here in Colorado, USA).

As a source, I'll be using my late 2009 iMac and headphones are Harmon/Kardon Reference BTs (wired).

Rob ... I know it hasn't been long, but ... is it too soon to say ... I love you?

Sep 2, 2016 at 1:44 PM Post #22,150 of 42,765

When the charger is plugged in, it is charging. Regardless you play music or not. (Only charges slower, when you play music, but eventually it will be fully charged.) When Mojo is constantly plugged in though, this is not an issue at all. You can forget about charging, it will behave as a desktop DAC.
Not like we are not helpful, all the forum members are happy to answer any questions, but all of this charging/different ports information is very easy to find either under post #3 or Chord's website.

Edit: I am saying this, because it is still hard to keep up with this thread due to the tons of comments. This shows Mojo's popularity, which is good, but regular members do not want to read the same questions again and again. And when there is search function, plus easy access to common Q/A, reading 100 posts of unnecessary information out of the 200 posts when catching up after two days might gonna slightly annoy some.

I use Mojo as a desktop DAC, and leave if fully charged all the time. The situation is not that the Mojo is charging all the time whether playing music or not. It only charges when battery voltage drops slightly. I think it's 0.2V below full.

Often my Mojo is just sat there on the desktop and not being used. Under these circumstances the charging circuit is switched off. (Even when the charger is plugged in.) You can find something on this in post #3 I am sure. Rob told us.

Sep 2, 2016 at 2:07 PM Post #22,151 of 42,765
anyone who lives in the US or Canada (etc) and is ordering the mojo extension kit directly from a UK retailer?

i'm in Canada
my thinking: so the extension kit goes for UK49....add UK12 for shipping...makes it UK62...translates into CDN107.
https://www.google.ca/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=1 GBP to CAD
vs the local canadian distributor here who boasts that 'they're slashing their margins' offering it to us for only cdn129
and is being sold in the US for US99
....then I'll prob have to pay for shipping and taxes....so will probably be more than cdn129

so i'm considering hedging my bets and  instead buying it directly from one of the UK retailers who sell Chord products.
thus far find when ordering anything from abroad with a relatively modest price I havce not been nailed for duties and customs.
(has worked fine for me so far buying bike stuff from the UK)

lastly it's not like it's a fragile electronically based product where i'll have to ship it back to the uk...just cables and a housing unit, basically

still considering alternative...the PENON LIGHTNING PURE SILVER DECODING CABLE
http://penonaudio.com/Lightning-Pure-Silver-Decoding-Cable

thoughts?

Sep 2, 2016 at 2:36 PM Post #22,152 of 42,765

I use Mojo as a desktop DAC, and leave if fully charged all the time. The situation is not that the Mojo is charging all the time whether playing music or not. It only charges when battery voltage drops slightly. I think it's 0.2V below full.

Often my Mojo is just sat there on the desktop and not being used. Under these circumstances the charging circuit is switched off. (Even when the charger is plugged in.) You can find something on this in post #3 I am sure. Rob told us.

Of course. When it is fully charged, it is not charging any further.

Edit: I also use Mojo as desktop DAC 99% of the time, constantly plugged in.

Sep 2, 2016 at 2:43 PM Post #22,153 of 42,765
Are you really angry? we've released this pack as quickly as we possibly could it is not a product that we are particularly making money on. Pulling this together has not been easy! We have done it to help those total newbies that want to get started and don't know anything about cables and have never heard of Taobao.

Quickly means after a week of mojo Release! You already made the money, or planing to make it with mojo, and putting 5 6 cables on a card box was a difficult project to pull it off ? maybe I have a wrong impression of chord, you are a "already started" Kick-starter! With a serious need of couple of 101 classes on customer Care! I was planing to buy Dave after my mojo, I am not going to buy anything from a company who answers customer complaints with this tone! Difficult Project!!! Yeah man on the Moon!

Sep 2, 2016 at 2:57 PM Post #22,154 of 42,765
Well, here's the way I'm looking at it. Yes, would be nice if some of us could buy just the module and save some cash. But considering Chord could have charged twice as much for what the Mojo does, I can stomach paying a bit more for the module.

Oh well. This is the world of audiophilia. Since when has anything been cheap? Especially for a proprietary item.

Sep 2, 2016 at 3:03 PM Post #22,155 of 42,765
Well, here's the way I'm looking at it. Yes, would be nice if some of us could buy just the module and save some cash. But considering Chord could have charged twice as much for what the Mojo does, I can stomach paying a bit more for the module.

Oh well. This is the world of audiophilia. Since when has anything been cheap? Especially for a proprietary item.

Agreed. Prices can and are very crazy in the audiophile world as I am finding out, so I do concur that Chord could have charged a lot more for both Mojo and this accessory pack. As I have said previously, for me personally this is one of those very rare occasion where I can get something very good built and sold in the UK by a UK company. I am fed up with import charges, VAT, etc as everything I seem to want is best in the USA or Japan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back