Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Aug 30, 2016 at 1:55 PM Post #21,946 of 42,773

As for the news regarding the SD card module, it won't be out this calendar year is what John or Rob mentioned a while back in this thread, as the module needs some serious internal design.

Thank you! Vital information there :D

Aug 30, 2016 at 2:15 PM Post #21,947 of 42,773
I received the eBay ordered (Micro USB to Lightning Cable) for 49.99 USD.

Only took about 10days from purchasing to arrive here in the UK to my address from China (no tracking number).

Link:
http://m.ebay.com/itm/252476440532?_mwBanner=1

It seems quite well built and i like the white/silver cosmetic appearance. Good strurdy connection to both Mojo and iPhone. A nice angled connection to minimise sticking out.

Sounds good to me, but I have no other comparison to draw upon regarding cable between iPhone and Mojo.

Here are photos:

Awesome news since we ordered On the same day hopefully mine will get here this week as well.

Aug 30, 2016 at 2:26 PM Post #21,948 of 42,773
so is the new module that is out now just to hide interconnects, I honestly was more hopeful to see the light of the sd module out than this one, which to me does not interest me alot as I do not see its need

Aug 30, 2016 at 2:49 PM Post #21,949 of 42,773
The Module #1 will add sufficient length to the Mojo so that when it is stacked to a smartphone using rubber bands, the bands aren’t running over the screen of the phone. As it is targeted for smartphone users, it also provides the convenience of swallowing in the huge USB female portion of the Apple CCK cable. So that you have a minimalist solution. For Android users, Chord has said that, they will be including a cable with the module, that is similar to the Apple CCK cable. Meaning, it will have OTG functionality and a female USB port that will be swallowed by the module.

The module also has a micro-usb port for charging, that is bridged to the micro-usb charging port of the Mojo. And while doing that it also protects the other ports. And since a user will not be able to connect directly to the ports of the Mojo, it eliminates the risk of someone damaging the ports of the Mojo by using heavy adapters.

Aug 30, 2016 at 3:36 PM Post #21,951 of 42,773
Aug 30, 2016 at 3:37 PM Post #21,952 of 42,773
  The Module #1 will add sufficient length to the Mojo so that when it is stacked to a smartphone using rubber bands, the bands aren’t running over the screen of the phone. As it is targeted for smartphone users, it also provides the convenience of swallowing in the huge USB female portion of the Apple CCK cable. So that you have a minimalist solution. For Android users, Chord has said that, they will be including a cable with the module, that is similar to the Apple CCK cable. Meaning, it will have OTG functionality and a female USB port that will be swallowed by the module.

The module also has a micro-usb port for charging, that is bridged to the micro-usb charging port of the Mojo. And while doing that it also protects the other ports. And since a user will not be able to connect directly to the ports of the Mojo, it eliminates the risk of someone damaging the ports of the Mojo by using heavy adapters.

thanks for this detailed explanation

Aug 30, 2016 at 4:15 PM Post #21,954 of 42,773
  Does anyone use their Mojo in their car? What transport do you use?

What are generally considered to be the best low cost transports for use with the Mojo?

I try not using a touch screen as a transport when using in the car as you don't have any tactile feed back. I typically prefer a transport with dedicated music buttons. One transport I highly recommend is the Fiio X3ii, but I wouldn't recommend it for the use in car because of the weak display, scroll wheel and weight. For car use, I highly recommend the Sony Walkman NWZ-A15/A17 or Sony NW-A25/A27. These devices have a very user friendly UI. You can use a double side tape or 3M dual lock to attach it to the Mojo and it literally becomes like a single device because of its light weight. The screen turns on with the press of a button and the controls are easy to feel and press while having your eyes on the road.

You should note that I never used the Sony Walkman with the Mojo but used it as a standalone DAP in the car, when I used to own it and it was easy to use while driving. It should be almost the same experience for the most part when used as a transport with the Mojo.

Aug 30, 2016 at 4:32 PM Post #21,955 of 42,773
  KIA? Hyundai? 

(sorry...)

Sorry guys our humour is not always appreciated by everyone!

For example: this dog trying to relax on the beach did not see the funny side to this friendly crow's prank.

A dog who thinks he is a Kangaroo?

Aug 30, 2016 at 5:01 PM Post #21,957 of 42,773
I received the eBay ordered (Micro USB to Lightning Cable) for 49.99 USD.

Only took about 10days from purchasing to arrive here in the UK to my address from China (no tracking number).

Link:
http://m.ebay.com/itm/252476440532?_mwBanner=1

It seems quite well built and i like the white/silver cosmetic appearance. Good strurdy connection to both Mojo and iPhone. A nice angled connection to minimise sticking out.

Sounds good to me, but I have no other comparison to draw upon regarding cable between iPhone and Mojo.

Here are photos:

Turns out my cable showed up today as well works and sounds great.
Now that it has been confirmed by two of us maybe it should be added to the first page.

Aug 30, 2016 at 6:31 PM Post #21,958 of 42,773

Yeah I've been using the Lavricables version for some weeks now, that is good to. Working fine.

Aug 30, 2016 at 6:51 PM Post #21,959 of 42,773
Am awaiting this small dap Shanling m1 to connect with my chord mojo :radio::grinning:

Wow, just googled that, looks PERFECT. When will it come out and will it put out pure signal (optical, usb etc)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back