Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Aug 22, 2016 at 6:49 AM Post #21,572 of 42,765
Mojo so clear and detail I even hear backround faint noise/hiss on Norah Jones recording - come away with me. Not the unit itself, since other songs on her album dead quiet. Also, low level listening I still hear all the details in spades. don't have to push volume up to get the detail at all.

I listened to that track last week - so I will have another listen this week. Which version of the album did you listen to - I have the SACD hybrid disc?

Aug 22, 2016 at 6:54 AM Post #21,573 of 42,765
Aug 22, 2016 at 7:16 AM Post #21,574 of 42,765
What would be a good place to pick up Mojo in London, preferably somewhere in the central area? Richer Sounds?

Aug 22, 2016 at 7:48 AM Post #21,575 of 42,765
Aug 22, 2016 at 8:07 AM Post #21,576 of 42,765

Till now the best cable i would say will be "Penon Audio Silver OTG cable"

Thanks just ordered one.

Please do add 1 ferrite choke, you will get best output :)
i add 2 chokes, cause mine is 30 Cms version, if you want you can specify to Penonaudio, cause by default you will get 10 Cms version.

Aug 22, 2016 at 9:36 AM Post #21,577 of 42,765
Aug 22, 2016 at 11:06 AM Post #21,580 of 42,765
yesterday watched green mile on my windows laptop using mojo and beyerdynamic dt800 600 ohm. I used j river via chord asio without any dsp. I put a jitterbug in between mojo and laptop along with a ferrite choke while using a short USB cable. call it ocd or overkill but I gave it a try as both jitterbug and ferrite are not expensive. I would say this was one of the best movie watching experience of my life. sounds were emanating suddenly from darkest of background . a number of times I thought there was a real storm outside, the effects were so real. ost by Thomas Newman was perfectly creating that ambience .

Aug 22, 2016 at 11:13 AM Post #21,581 of 42,765
yesterday watched green mile on my windows laptop using mojo and beyerdynamic dt800 600 ohm. I used j river via chord asio without any dsp. I put a jitterbug in between mojo and laptop along with a ferrite choke while using a short USB cable. call it ocd or overkill but I gave it a try as both jitterbug and ferrite are not expensive. I would say this was one of the best movie watching experience of my life. sounds were emanating suddenly from darkest of background . a number of times I thought there was a real storm outside, the effects were so real. ost by Thomas Newman was perfectly creating that ambience .

Haha, looking around to see where sounds are coming from, and taking headphones off to check.

Aug 22, 2016 at 12:17 PM Post #21,582 of 42,765

The Mojo and the DT880s do seem to be a very good pairing - I use the 250Ω Pro variant and the Mojo has certainly breathed new life into them.

One thing I've noticed about listening to the Mojo over the last few months, and I'm sure a lot of you have experienced it as well, is how that little box just makes the headphones disappear. Yes, you can still feel them clamped to your head, but somehow the sound doesn't seem to be coming from them anymore.

Aug 22, 2016 at 12:24 PM Post #21,583 of 42,765
It makes sense for Chord to wait for the new iPhone 7 Bluetooth specifications, before producing the Chord Mojo Bluetooth module in order to future proof best compatibility with it. I expect Apple will make the iPhone 7 announcement in the first week of September and maybe they take Bluetooth tech to the next level especially if rumours are correct of the iPhone 7 having no headphone jack.

Fantastic if Chord could place the same level of expertise and uncompromising quality into their Bluetooth Module.
I hope it supports:
(1) New Bluetooth 5.0 - was announced this Summer and has 4 times the range of current Bluetooth.
(2) AptX HD which is promoted as better than CD quality - announced this year.
(3) AAC codecs and any new AAC codecs, should Apple include it in the iPhone 7.

Aug 22, 2016 at 12:36 PM Post #21,584 of 42,765
Without wishing to sound complacent or arrogant (and I'm not employed by Chord, or speaking for them, with this), Chord are acutely aware (much more than most) of the state of the bluetooth art. I am sure they are taking into account the current and imminent options, without needing to follow Apple's lead self-serving agenda 
wink_face.gif

https://youtu.be/10k_yMHCncY?t=19m30s

Aug 22, 2016 at 12:45 PM Post #21,585 of 42,765
Without wishing to sound complacent or arrogant (and I'm not employed by Chord, or speaking for them, with this), Chord are acutely aware (much more than most) of the state of the bluetooth art. I am sure they are taking into account the current and imminent options, without needing to follow Apple's lead self-serving agenda  :wink_face:

https://youtu.be/10k_yMHCncY?t=19m51s

I agree with you and i only used Apple as an example here, but more to the point is emphasis on next generation wireless technology which is potentially imminent based on 2016 developments - AptX HD and Bluetooth 5.0.

I really liked that YouTube video interview which I linked to from Post 3 last week. Watched it twice now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back