Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jul 26, 2016 at 1:22 PM Post #20,507 of 42,765

Has anyone ever used these micro SDs? Are they reliable and recognised by DAPs? Thanks for your input.

Looks extremely dodgy, to me.

Look, they are also advertising 512gb microSD: https://usadiscountwarehouse.com/shop/512gb-micro-sd-free-shipping-free-usb-adapter/#comment-25630

I think that tells you all you need to know - these are probably fake-capacity chinese-made microSD cards, with just a few Gb of capacity, and the tables faked to read higher.

Jul 26, 2016 at 1:24 PM Post #20,508 of 42,765

Looks extremely dodgy, to me.

Look, they are also advertising 512gb microSD: https://usadiscountwarehouse.com/shop/512gb-micro-sd-free-shipping-free-usb-adapter/#comment-25630

I think that tells you all you need to know - these are probably fake-capacity chinese-made microSD cards, with just a few Gb of capacity, and the tables faked to read higher.

Exactly!

Only Samsung are shipping actual 256 GB cards, and they're brand new, like in the last 30 days, so they're not being discounted at all yet.  Sandisk have also announced product, but its not in the channel yet.

$40 will get you a genuine 128 GB card though.

There are NO 512 GB micro SD cards at all yet.  Microdia announced one last year, but they've never even shown their 256 GB card, so that turned out to be pure vaporware.

Jul 26, 2016 at 1:29 PM Post #20,510 of 42,765
Jul 26, 2016 at 1:30 PM Post #20,511 of 42,765
I fell for those cards once and thought I was gonna get rich selling them on eBay... I got a free sample from an Alibaba seller from China and when I asked what's up with the capacity he told me they are fake capacity cards, but that I should sell them anyway...

When things seem to good to be true, they most likely aren't ... Saying this in the Mojo thread I have to add, that Mojo is the exception from this rule :)
Cheers

Jul 26, 2016 at 1:38 PM Post #20,512 of 42,765

From the time I made this above post, I have had the same issue repeat itself a few times. Mojo powers ON, Receives the Signal (the Power ball lights up), but does not output any signal through headphone output. Not just the music, there is literally no output into my IEM, because I usually hear a faint hiss on my IE80 when I connect it to the Mojo.

I figured, this happens whenever the Mojo has not been powered on for more than a day (>36Hrs). So in order to get it to work again, I need to Press and Hold Down the Power Button + One of the Volume Buttons, while the Mojo is in the OFF state. The issue is regardless of the source (iPhone 6, PC, Mac, Fiio X3ii).

Anyways, I have contacted the retailer for a replacement. However, wanted to check with @Rob Watts and @Mojo ideas, if this procedure of pressing and holding the Power Button+Volume Button is a form of device reset.

No. If Mojo is off, and it is not charging, then turning it on will act as a reset as the FPGA will reload from the configuration flash. Mojo actually does not have an internal reset, it does not need one. So I don't understand why pressing a volume button would make a difference.

Rob

Jul 26, 2016 at 1:54 PM Post #20,513 of 42,765
  No. If Mojo is off, and it is not charging, then turning it on will act as a reset as the FPGA will reload from the configuration flash. Mojo actually does not have an internal reset, it does not need one. So I don't understand why pressing a volume button would make a difference.

Rob

Thanks. Everytime I had the issue, first thing I would do was, always try the normal reboot multiple times first. But it never seemed to fix it. Ultimately I will have to do the Power Ball + Volume Ball Combo for the Mojo to output signal through Headphone Out.

Jul 26, 2016 at 2:07 PM Post #20,514 of 42,765
Mr Rob Watts,
I think it would be a good idea to release a module for Chord Mojo which could play audio files fom Wifi using DLNA and support Spotify (through Spotify connect) and maybe other audio streaming services..In other words a Google Chromecast audio in a Mojo module.

I 've read somewhere that you plan to release a Bluetooth module. If that's true, I don't think it is a good idea for a hi-end DAC/Amp because Bluetooth makes compression to the original data resulting in inferior sound quality.

Jul 26, 2016 at 2:16 PM Post #20,515 of 42,765
  Mr Rob Watts,
I think it would be a good idea to release a module for Chord Mojo which could play audio files fom Wifi using DLNA and support Spotify (through Spotify connect) and maybe other audio streaming services..In other words a Google Chromecast audio in a Mojo module.

I 've read somewhere that you plan to release a Bluetooth module. If that's true, I don't think it is a good idea for a hi-end DAC/Amp because Bluetooth makes compression to the original data resulting in inferior sound quality.

Chord are very well aware of the limitations of bluetooth
wink.gif

Did you watch this video, yet?

Munkonggadgets interview with John Franks, of Chord Electronics

Jul 26, 2016 at 3:39 PM Post #20,517 of 42,765
Is there any desktop alternative (dac+headphone amp) for Mojo with Mojo-like sound? And with similar price.

I use my Mojo almost only at home so charging battery is a bit annoying and i can't charging it when it plays music as its get too warm and finally turns off.

Jul 26, 2016 at 3:48 PM Post #20,518 of 42,765

I use my Mojo almost only at home so charging battery is a bit annoying and i can't charging it when it plays music as its get too warm and finally turns off.

Have you tried using Mojo turned on its side?

This allows the heat to be dissipated much more efficiently by the aluminium casework.

Jul 26, 2016 at 4:26 PM Post #20,520 of 42,765

Users who are viewing this thread

Back