Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jul 25, 2016 at 9:29 AM Post #20,476 of 42,765

Yeah thank you, I don't want to do that. I don't use DirectSound. I like bitperfect.

However I did read in a lot of posts about up-sampling. I read Rob saying stuff like let the Mojo do it, because it's more powerful than app software. I have no idea what that is about though: meaning I did not know the Mojo could up-sample.

What I really need to do now is listen close to my other DAC.

The thing is, I never get clicks running on WASAPI or ASIO, only Directsound.
I listened to Call Off the Search by Katie Melua and did hear clicks on Spotify through DirectSound but not on Tidal through WASAPI.
However when i upsample to 96K through DirectSound, the clicks are gone.

Jul 25, 2016 at 9:31 AM Post #20,477 of 42,765

The thing is, I never get clicks running on WASAPI or ASIO, only Directsound.
I listened to Call Off the Search by Katie Melua and did hear clicks on Spotify through DirectSound but not on Tidal through WASAPI.
However when i upsample to 96K through DirectSound, the clicks are gone.

I will re-rip Call off the Search in JRiver and see what happens.

Thanks. The post you quoted was totally a mess. I misunderstood what you meant. I edited it big.

This is how it reads now:
Yeah thank you. I don't use DirectSound. I like bitperfect, and play-back through JRiver.

My files were however ripped in an app (called Media Go) that only plays back in DirectSound. I don't know if that is the problem. I have been thinking about re-ripping my CDs using JRiver. I think it will be better than Media Go which I use for ripping.

However I did read in a lot of posts about up-sampling. I read Rob saying stuff like let the Mojo do it, because it's more powerful than app software. I have no idea what that is about though: meaning I did not know the Mojo could up-sample.

Jul 25, 2016 at 9:37 AM Post #20,478 of 42,765

I say CD FLAC because it means to me FLAC files from CD rip. Presumably I should say 44.1KHz FLAC. It is also helpful to say where the file is stored. When you wrote CD FLAC, the first thing everyone trying to help you via the forum will think is, that you are playing the FLAC files from a CD, using your CD drive, so maybe the root cause of your problems is your CD drive. 

What? Mike you are loosing me.

Post 20468
Quote myself,
"If you re-read I said that I use CD FLAC files. That means files stored on PC. Played bitperfect though JRiver MC." 

-------

Yeah the first second of music lost is set aside by adding a second of silence in JRiver. Hardware synchronised.

Jul 25, 2016 at 9:37 AM Post #20,479 of 42,765

I will re-rip Call off the Search in JRiver and see what happens.

Thanks. The post you quoted was totally a mess. I misunderstood what you meant. I edited it big.

This is how it reads now:
Yeah thank you. I don't use DirectSound. I like bitperfect, and play-back through JRiver.

My files were however ripped in an app (called Media Go) that only plays back in DirectSound. I don't know if that is the problem. I have been thinking about re-ripping my CDs using JRiver. I think it will be better than Media Go which I use for ripping.

You don't have to re-rip your CDs. You could perhaps download a trial of JRiver and try playing back via ASIO.
You won't hear these clicks.
The problem is, I mainly use Spotify which uses Directsound, so it doesn't play nice with the Mojo.
I hope someone at Chord can kindly take another look at the Windows drivers and resolve this.

Jul 25, 2016 at 9:41 AM Post #20,480 of 42,765

You don't have to re-rip your CDs. You could perhaps download a trial of JRiver and try playing back via ASIO.
You won't hear these clicks.
The problem is, I mainly use Spotify which uses Directsound, so it doesn't play nice with the Mojo.
I hope someone at Chord can kindly take another look at the Windows drivers and resolve this.

No, I think I want to re-rip my CDs.

Jul 25, 2016 at 10:11 AM Post #20,481 of 42,765
Hello. Does anybody have tried this external PSU. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/152000419424
Does it really improves the sound greatly?
Or any other suggestions about external PSU for a home use?
Thanks in advance.

Jul 25, 2016 at 10:17 AM Post #20,482 of 42,765
Hello. Does anybody have tried this external PSU. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/152000419424
Does it really improves the sound greatly?
Or any other suggestions about external PSU for a home use?
Thanks in advance.

Rob Watts has stated that the Mojo always runs off the battery, even when plugged into mains power.  So the PSU should have no effect on Mojos performance.  

Jul 25, 2016 at 10:21 AM Post #20,483 of 42,765
If you are going to rerip your CD collection, you might wanna try Exact Audio Copy (EAC)...its said to bring the the best sound quality from you're CDs... Takes some time, though.
I am thinking about ripping my collection to wav instead of flac... But that will probably take even longer.
Oh and by the way, Mython pointed me to EAC... enough said :)
Cheers

Jul 25, 2016 at 10:38 AM Post #20,484 of 42,765
If you are going to rerip your CD collection, you might wanna try Exact Audio Copy (EAC)...its said to bring the the best sound quality from you're CDs... Takes some time, though.
I am thinking about ripping my collection to wav instead of flac... But that will probably take even longer.
Oh and by the way, Mython pointed me to EAC... enough said
smily_headphones1.gif

Cheers

Oops...
biggrin.gif

Seriously, though, EAC is the mutt's nuts if you are patient with its (initially) awkward interface.

Jul 25, 2016 at 11:07 AM Post #20,487 of 42,765

...Yeah thank you. I don't use DirectSound. I like bitperfect, and play-back through JRiver.

...The problem is, I mainly use Spotify which uses Directsound, so it doesn't play nice with the Mojo...

I believe re-sampling should be avoided as it can degrade the data and will never improve it. I think the only purpose of up/down-sampling is for HW compatibility reasons. If forced to re-sample, it's best to work with multiples (44KHz->88KHz) which requires both less work and should (hopefully) introduce less errors.
Since you are stuck with DS, try 88KHz and see if that clarifies the clicks as good as 96KHz (speaking of which, I can support your findings - I never had trouble with DS & 96KHz source data).

EAC - I've always used it and still do - it really does create great rips, albeit not without the occasional error (I have WAV files with a few permanent clicks in them). Speaking of which, EAC always creates a WAV file - from which it then creates the FLAC, MP3, etc. There is an option to "not" delete the wav file after the compressed file is created.

beerchug.gif

Jul 25, 2016 at 2:11 PM Post #20,489 of 42,765
Jul 25, 2016 at 4:07 PM Post #20,490 of 42,765
https://www.amazon.co.uk/AudioQuest-Hard-Mini-3-5mm-Adaptor/dp/B003VJX2F2

I use this with my own rca interconnects into monobloc single ended amplifiers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back