Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jul 23, 2016 at 4:00 PM Post #20,401 of 42,765
Damn I made an effort to search for a proper short coax cable to fit my own. Didn't know that. TIL.

Then again, the cable wasn't too expensive. So its all good.

I had a coax made up by a member on here. Looks nice, but cannot say any change in sound quality and others on HF have all found the same.

Jul 23, 2016 at 4:09 PM Post #20,402 of 42,765
Yesss The problems I had with my Mojos optical not working yesterday was apparently a PC side problem since when I restarted it my Mojo works thru the optical again! 
beyersmile.png

Jul 23, 2016 at 4:38 PM Post #20,405 of 42,765
  What music playback app is everyone using for an iphone? Is there any app that does native DSD?

I'm using Onkyo HF with the bought HD pack. This can output to Mojo DoP DSD. If this is what you mean by native DSD, then yes! LOL.
EDIT: Jus edited to say, I am assuming you have the CCK for connection to Mojo?
I set the 'up sampling mode' to off; 'DSD Output Format' to DoP. Choice is either DoP or PCM.
'real time DSD conversion' set to off.
Seems to work well to me, the Mojo reports a White light for DSD file input.

Onkyo as a program is very intuitive and I find it easy to use.

Jul 23, 2016 at 4:51 PM Post #20,406 of 42,765

I'm using Onkyo HF with the bought HD pack. This can output to Mojo DoP DSD. If this is what you mean by native DSD, then yes! LOL.
EDIT: Jus edited to say, I am assuming you have the CCK for connection to Mojo?
I set the 'up sampling mode' to off; 'DSD Output Format' to DoP. Choice is either DoP or PCM.
'real time DSD conversion' set to off.
Seems to work well to me, the Mojo reports a White light for DSD file input.

Onkyo as a program is very intuitive and I find it easy to use.

Thanks...
Im currently and reluctantly using android, only because of expandable SD card storage. I hope Iphone 7 has 256gb of storage because 128Gb is laughable.

Jul 23, 2016 at 4:55 PM Post #20,407 of 42,765

Thanks...
Im currently and reluctantly using android, only because of expandable SD card storage. I hope Iphone 7 has 256gb of storage because 128Gb is laughable.

I tried Android in LG G3 but hated it and the phone. lol. I get what you mean about storage though. Apple want to lock you into buying the larger and more expensive phones. I would be shocked if they ever helped us out with micro SD cards or anything else.
I loaded my phone up with some hi-res music last night and sure enough, the 35Gb space I had didn't last long!

Jul 23, 2016 at 5:16 PM Post #20,410 of 42,765
Jul 23, 2016 at 5:16 PM Post #20,411 of 42,765
  Whats the news about Mojo SD card module?

The simplest module was mentioned a few days ago:

Quote:

Quote:

lastly, any further eta on this module/plate coming out?
 am sure that will make the connection much more stable...let alone more portable friendly
you can already see from the pic below that the plug into the mojo on the module
is expanded  to minimize movement/wiggle room (i know it's only a prototype...)

From chord:

The device in the picture provided should be coming out within the next couple of months hopefully!

actually it's only a week or two away at this time!

And the more-complex module, that will have at least one card slot was also mentioned:

Quote:

So it will have either one or two SD card slots - still keeps us all on tenterhooks. 
confused.gif

Sorry about being obtuse but we are still at least four months from showing working samples to the press so it's too early to show our hand at this stage, but as I've implied before I hope and think all of you will like what we've been beavering away at.

Jul 23, 2016 at 5:17 PM Post #20,412 of 42,765

Whats the news about Mojo SD card module?

http://www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread-please-read-the-3rd-post/20310#post_12737762

So 4+ months before showing to the press (ie dec), which i assume probably means too late to get it in the shops for christmas 2016.
Any further slippage, takes you into Q1 2017.

It is a pity, because I would love to get my hands on one today, like many on this forum. 
frown.gif

Maybe we will get 1x SD slot for each month we have to wait
biggrin.gif

Jul 23, 2016 at 5:22 PM Post #20,414 of 42,765

1) Do you mean the Mojo HARDWARE is making a clicking noise, or do you mean you can hear a clicking sound in the audio signal Mojo is producing?

2) What device are you feeding Mojo with? (laptop, smartphone, etc,)

The audio signal is producing a clicking sound, I tried unplugging the charger which made no difference, unplugging the mini jack to my amp completely eradicates the noise which tells me that it's from the Mojo, my sound card does not make this issue when plugging in speakers or headphones directly. I also tried switching the USB plug to my desktop, and also trying to plug into a different USB outlet which also did not change anything.

This is strange since it did not occur prior to the move. I packaged the Mojo inside its original box, inside a cabinet that's very well secured since it contains all my audio equipment, so damage is also out of the question. Only thing that may happen during the move is the heat inside the moving Penske truck, but all my other electronics, including more sensitive ones, are not damaged at all.

The clicking noise ONLY happens with 3D images, and does not happen outside of the game in windows, or if the game intro menu is in 2D. It also seem to sync with the images on screen. For example, changing the menu inside game seems to change the frequency and intensity of the noise. Nothing is done to change the drivers or software settings. This is so weird...

Luckily it's still under sonic electronix's 3 month return policy and if I need I can swap out for another one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back