Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jul 24, 2016 at 1:03 AM Post #20,431 of 42,765
Hi all, this is just a post to confirm something that could be a convenience for folks...I have hooked up the Mojo to a Grace Digital 3 Play Bluetooth receiver.  The Grace outputs digital through optical, so could be convenient for mobile use when you want your phone accessible but have Mojo/Grace in pocket with headphones.  Here is a pic:

This is in desktop system, but you could easily use the Mojo/Grace with iems and a phone/Bluetooth dap instead.  The quality is ok, but not a good as a direct connection.  Bluetooth may be able to go 320kbs but not high res.  Again, proof of concept for convenience.  The Mojo and the Grace should each last 10 hours on a charge, so a good pairing.

Jul 24, 2016 at 2:38 AM Post #20,432 of 42,765
I am thinking of upgrading my X3ii Fiio to the X7 to use with my Mojo.

I was wondering if anyone had some feedback ref pairing with the Mojo and general ease of connection to the X7? Am I right in thinking I can use the same coax cable to connect to Mojo that I am currently using with my X3ii?

Cheers!

Jul 24, 2016 at 3:03 AM Post #20,433 of 42,765
I am thinking of upgrading my X3ii Fiio to the X7 to use with my Mojo.

I was wondering if anyone had some feedback ref pairing with the Mojo and general ease of connection to the X7? Am I right in thinking I can use the same coax cable to connect to Mojo that I am currently using with my X3ii?

Cheers!

Yup, same TRRS shared line-out / coaxial jack. It should be plug and play for you. :)

Unless using some 3M Dual Lock, or Velcro, the touch screen will make it more difficult to stack, but other than that it should be an easy swap.

Jul 24, 2016 at 5:08 AM Post #20,434 of 42,765
I think it's power issue. Aren't the pops spikes? Your system may be drawing too much power when gpu is being overworked with games but ofcourse it can be anything. So many factors with computer audio.

I would suggest first try changing cables (because I get pops/clicks when I fiddle with cables to secure it tight while music is playing) If that dosen't solve it maybe take it to an Internet cafe and play some games with it with same input and see if you get same issue. If it's the same isssue, then send it in for warranty replacement. If it isn't you should reinstall windows fresh and all programs even though it's PITA.

Indeed it is another possible cause.
Bouncing on spikes, I do experience clicks/pops when activating a specific electrical light switch at home or when Main Distribution Panel is switching ratebase.
According to @Solarium description it is more likely that spikes/switches are generated inside his desktop.
According to @GreenBow description it is more difficult to estimate if those noises are random or only related to one DAB broadcasting channel.

For those experiencing electrical spikes issues, please do not blame Mojo or any another DAC provider. Some spikes, may generate spurious with a very wide bandwidth (few GHz).
Old motorbikes with unprotected spark plug are well known for generating errors in RF Telecommunications systems (Earth Satellite Base  Stations, Microwave transmission,etc..)

Jul 24, 2016 at 6:22 AM Post #20,435 of 42,765

Didn't you say you moved house. I was thinking in terms of EMI interference around your new home. I have no idea though because I have not fixed mine yet.

People often forget about their local electromagnetic environment. However i remember someone posting on a forum about a year ago, that he had moved house and now had EMI and a noticeable hum from his system.

It took a few posts to discover that his new house was just a few metres from a hydraulic power station. I doubt that it applies to this poster, but local phone masts, power grid transformers, landline distribution boxes etc, plus their signalling equipment can all cause EMI.

Jul 24, 2016 at 7:18 AM Post #20,436 of 42,765

People often forget about their local electromagnetic environment. However i remember someone posting on a forum about a year ago, that he had moved house and now had EMI and a noticeable hum from his system.

It took a few posts to discover that his new house was just a few metres from a hydraulic power station. I doubt that it applies to this poster, but local phone masts, power grid transformers, landline distribution boxes etc, plus their signalling equipment can all cause EMI.

Hi @miketlse

Since apparently you are leaving closer than me to this research center C.E.A Gramat, why don`t you bring your Mojo`s unit for I.E.M.I. testing ?

I.E.M.I. stands for Intentional Electro-Magnetic Interference, here  intentional has to be taken as malicious or kind of `electro-magnetic gun`. 

Not sure your Mojo will survive at the place of the plane hereunder.
biggrin.gif

@x RELIC x you are a wise man trying to keep as much as possible away from Wi-Fi/Cell-phones/etc...
L3000.gif

Jul 24, 2016 at 7:26 AM Post #20,438 of 42,765
Jul 24, 2016 at 7:54 AM Post #20,439 of 42,765
  Hi @miketlse

Since apparently you are leaving closer than me to this research center C.E.A Gramat, why don`t you bring your Mojo`s unit for I.E.M.I. testing ?

I.E.M.I. stands for Intentional Electro-Magnetic Interference, here  intentional has to be taken as malicious or kind of `electro-magnetic gun`. 

Not sure your Mojo will survive at the place of the plane hereunder.
biggrin.gif

@x RELIC x you are a wise man trying to keep as much as possible away from Wi-Fi/Cell-phones/etc...
L3000.gif

That is seriously hard core testing!

I would like to be able to use my Mojo afterwards, so I would probably speak to someone from INSA regarding computer simulation instead. 
wink.gif

Everyones Mojo is under continual attack from EMI. The aluminium case stops the bulk of it, but it is not surprising that some occasionally gets through via the input cable or the headphone lead - that's when the detective work begins to block this intermittant residual EMI.

This student project presentation from INSA illustrates some of the external sources of EMI http://www.alexandre-boyer.fr/alex/enseignement/EMC_Part1_intro_overview_Sept13.ppt

Jul 24, 2016 at 7:59 AM Post #20,440 of 42,765
Yes, I think it is a good reminder that all Mojo-users should remember, at all times, to wear their tin-foil hats
ph34r.gif

P.S.:
wink.gif

Jul 24, 2016 at 8:12 AM Post #20,441 of 42,765
  Yes, I think it is a good reminder that all Mojo-users should remember, at all times, to wear their tin-foil hats
ph34r.gif

P.S.:
wink.gif

But only in the short term - The tin-foil hats will prevent Rob Watts from introducing telepatic control for chord DACs, in a couple of years.
Imagine the fun that could be had with blind testing - you could sit down next to a friend using a DAC, and just think 'switch from DSD to MP3' and see if they could notice the difference.
evil_smiley.gif

Jul 24, 2016 at 11:31 AM Post #20,442 of 42,765

But only in the short term - The tin-foil hats will prevent Rob Watts from introducing telepatic control for chord DACs, in a couple of years.
Imagine the fun that could be had with blind testing - you could sit down next to a friend using a DAC, and just think 'switch from DSD to MP3' and see if they could notice the difference.
evil_smiley.gif

That wouldn't work for me since my mind is overthinking 247. My Mojo would turn into a giraffe before I could switch input format. Hmm although I could use a giraffe...
Hmm...

Jul 24, 2016 at 2:31 PM Post #20,443 of 42,765
With reference to the current discussion about EMI maybe causing clicks. I have no idea if it is possibly the fault. Or if there is even enough EMI interference around a person's home to do that.

I suggested it because there seems to be a suggestion that interference may be causing clicks in my system.  My cables run right next to a desktop Q Acoustics BT3 speaker, with a bass driver in it. I am in the position where I might have to buy a shielded USB cable to see if I can cure the clicks. I get then when using PC CD FLAC, and PC games....However that doesn't explain the very regular clicks I got when playing from a DAB tuner over (a cheap) optical cable.

However I am theorising that it could just be low quality cabling causing it. I guess that because some folks ages back cured clicks in music at 192KHz by buying a quality cable.

Jul 24, 2016 at 5:34 PM Post #20,445 of 42,765
Hello,

I am new to Chord Mojo so I am sorry if these questions have been answered before. I am listening to spotify with the highest quality on an iPad mini 4th

My question is:

If I buy the lightning connector to usb connector plugged into the Mojo will this allow me to hear spotify music at 96khz or higher? or will the iPad mini not output any audio higher than 44khz?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back