Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
May 23, 2016 at 2:32 AM Post #17,987 of 42,765
it looks more flexible than mine, mine is big jack and thick cables, but mine is cheaper on offer
tongue.gif

Nice! Yours look sturdy too. Mind sharing the link?

May 23, 2016 at 3:26 AM Post #17,988 of 42,765
It's a gen 2. And yes it uses the same port for line out and coax. Could some one recommend a place to get a good quality cable?

The best cable for the price in my opinion is the one in the quote below. I use it and it's great. Most other options I've seen are triple the cost.

I ordered this one for my X3ii and should be arriving in a couple of days. The seller is able to do custom lengths upon request. But given you want a 5ft length, you can contact the seller to see if he can do it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/351734149072

X Relic X uses this cable with his Fiio X5ii and has confirmed that it works well. Apparently the battery life of the Fiio unit doubles as it no longer uses the internals. 

iBasso DX80 is one other option and AK100 seems to be one of the popular devices here to pair with the mojo. Smartphones seem to work well too. I have seen people say that Android devices do not output bit-perfect signal. I'd try to read more on that.

Actually the battery life almost triples when using the coaxial on FiiO DAPs. Using line out on FiiO DAPs (which uses the FiiO DAC) is almost double battery life. Bypass DAC and amp and the thing lasts for almost 30 hrs - at least my X5 gen1 and X5ii does.

May 23, 2016 at 3:36 AM Post #17,989 of 42,765
No. Mojo is SE only, and it doesn't require balanced output to compensate for upstream shortcomings. Rob has an informative post on the matter that is quoted in the third post of this thread for more info. If you are thinking 3.5mm TRRS for in-line remote control that is also not possible with the Mojo.

I have a 4 pin to 3.5mm TRRS adapter for my wywires cable I use with the Ether C. Could I use this on the mojo, or would it cause a short circuit of sorts?

Thanks!

May 23, 2016 at 3:45 AM Post #17,990 of 42,765
I have a 4 pin to 3.5mm TRRS adapter for my wywires cable I use with the Ether C. Could I use this on the mojo, or would it cause a short circuit of sorts?

Thanks!

Oops! I gave the wrong reply previously... If it's wired to adapt to a 3.5mm TRS to plug in to the Mojo it should be fine.

Balanced headphones can use an adaptor to plug in to SE devices. SE headphones can not be (should not be) plugged in to balanced equipment by using an adaptor.

May 23, 2016 at 4:23 AM Post #17,991 of 42,765
just get a usb spec compliant cable will do, you don't need an audioquest cable for usb

I was thinking Moon audio silver dragon usb and synergistic research, but looked up SR, and it's $395 for 1 meter. Too much. Just have this thing since speaker days, going all copper cables for a setup makes the sound too dark and husky. Anyone use silver dragon with Mojo? Need that juicy jump and clarity/air :D

May 23, 2016 at 5:02 AM Post #17,992 of 42,765

just get a usb spec compliant cable will do, you don't need an audioquest cable for usb

I was thinking Moon audio silver dragon usb and synergistic research, but looked up SR, and it's $395 for 1 meter. Too much. Just have this thing since speaker days, going all copper cables for a setup makes the sound too dark and husky. Anyone use silver dragon with Mojo? Need that juicy jump and clarity/air
biggrin.gif

I have ordered one silver micro usb cable for my Mojo from Penonaudio.
I will share my impression once i get it.

I too feel, the Moonaudio cables are too much over priced.

May 23, 2016 at 5:32 AM Post #17,994 of 42,765
Oops! I gave the wrong reply previously... If it's wired to adapt to a 3.5mm TRS to plug in to the Mojo it should be fine.

Balanced headphones can use an adaptor to plug in to SE devices. SE headphones can not be (should not be) plugged in to balanced equipment by using an adaptor.

Would using the TRRS adapter work on the mojo though? It was meant to use on the Sony nw zx2 but I'm contemplating the mojo with my phone and using tidal

May 23, 2016 at 5:32 AM Post #17,995 of 42,765
  I have ordered one silver micro usb cable for my Mojo from Penonaudio.
I will share my impression once i get it.

Already AB'd that silver one with generic copper rapidly about 20x times....could discern almost no difference, if anything the silver made upper end brighter/bloomier by the tiniest amount , or it was an exercise in expectation bias/imagination ! 

May 23, 2016 at 5:35 AM Post #17,996 of 42,765
Nice! Yours look sturdy too. Mind sharing the link?

mine is from a local (malaysian) seller but i don't know the cost in other currency

May 23, 2016 at 6:19 AM Post #17,997 of 42,765
Would using the TRRS adapter work on the mojo though? It was meant to use on the Sony nw zx2 but I'm contemplating the mojo with my phone and using tidal

As I mentioned earlier, though perhaps not clearly, if the adaptor plug going in to the Mojo is a TRS 3 pole plug to a TRRS 4 pole jack for balanced headphones it will work. You won't get a balanced output, but it will still sound great. People use these adapters all the time to conveniently use a Single Ended device (like the Mojo) with balanced headphones.

You just can not use TRRS plug in the Mojo. As a side note it's not advisable to plug single ended headphones in to a balanced amplifier - this, of course, is unrelated to the Mojo.

May 23, 2016 at 6:25 AM Post #17,998 of 42,765
May 23, 2016 at 6:31 AM Post #17,999 of 42,765
As I mentioned earlier, though perhaps not clearly, if the adaptor plug going in to the Mojo is a TRS 3 pole plug to a TRRS 4 pole jack for balanced headphones it will work. You won't get a balanced output, but it will still sound great. People use these adapters all the time to conveniently use a Single Ended device (like the Mojo) with balanced headphones.

You just can not use TRRS plug in the Mojo. As a side note it's not advisable to plug single ended headphones in to a balanced amplifier - this, of course, is unrelated to the Mojo.

Just to clarify... What is the adaptor for? Is it a female TRRS to male TRS for headphones? If yes then it will work.

Like this?

May 23, 2016 at 7:10 AM Post #18,000 of 42,765
Just to clarify... What is the adaptor for? Is it a female TRRS to male TRS for headphones? If yes then it will work.

Like this?

i haven't seen anyone try such a thing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back