Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Apr 23, 2016 at 7:05 PM Post #16,576 of 42,788
I am using the Mojo with my B&W P7- what a combo! I even ended up giving up on finding good IEMs after I tried the Shure SE425.
I went back to the P7s right thereafter and to my ears it was on a whole different level. 

Apr 23, 2016 at 7:36 PM Post #16,577 of 42,788
Ive been using my mojo with my newly acquired 64 Audio U2s and Im so imoressed by how lifelike the instruments sound with this combo. The seperation and soundstage are really good for an iem too.

Apr 23, 2016 at 8:42 PM Post #16,578 of 42,788
Many mentioned there is a slight noise floor with SE846 and mojo pairing. I can confirm that it is TRUE. In the beginning I haven't noticed it at all, but after several tests I found out that there is a very low hass. Still very happy with my purchase 
popcorn.gif

Thank for everyone mentioned that. I have updated my review #16245 accordingly.

Apr 23, 2016 at 8:52 PM Post #16,580 of 42,788
This will be my last post here as i am in process of obtaining a review sample. Will write my further findings there. Also ppl are too defensive here and dont intend to disturb natural order here.

My point is, anything thats not music, be it shifting of chair, chatter from public, cough etc is reproduced with startling clarity in mojo.

But i think it almost starts taking center stage, beside music performance. This i find a bit unnatural. Cause obviously its minor sound and should be in background. This happened to me in most recordings. So no need for a list.

I will review it and then take final call. Maybe i will find it different on longer listen. I have no doubt mojo is excellent in what it does well.

Cheers

The song you heard the audience cough that was with clarity that was up with the instruments, like center stage, do you remember the song and approximate time?

I'm curious to hear it with Mojo. I've been asking what people are hearing w mojo and your post caught my attention.

Thanks.

Apr 23, 2016 at 10:19 PM Post #16,581 of 42,788
  Does the Mojo make the A12 / U12 soundstage smaller?

it makes the *projection* of instruments more accurate! a stage in *real life* is not just left to right, it's width depth and height.

Apr 24, 2016 at 12:29 AM Post #16,583 of 42,788
It doesn't, that's true, but the right transport actually makes it sound rather spacious. People often pair it with poor transports and complain if congestion.

That said, while its not Gona be as big as the Hugo's, it's extremely well separated and layered still. It's a very coherent, high quality soundstage :)

Apr 24, 2016 at 12:29 AM Post #16,584 of 42,788
People have said that mojo doesn't have the largest Soundstage. I'm not sure if it will effect your A12 in a bad way. Everything I've used with Mojo sounds amazing.

Yeah, but as Rob has pointed out many devices create a wide and unnatural soundstage. I find the Mojo's soundstage to be spot on.

Apr 24, 2016 at 12:52 AM Post #16,585 of 42,788
Yeah, but as Rob has pointed out many devices create a wide and unnatural soundstage. I find the Mojo's soundstage to be spot on.

So, that means yes it will likely be smaller? I have no problem with mojo either, I love that little magic black box. Personally, I don't care what it does, damn thing sounds great. I don't worry myself with depth, wide or narrow, I just listen to the music with mojo. :smile:

Apr 24, 2016 at 1:14 AM Post #16,586 of 42,788
So, that means yes it will likely be smaller? I have no problem with mojo either, I love that little magic black box. Personally, I don't care what it does, damn thing sounds great. I don't worry myself with depth, wide or narrow, I just listen to the music with mojo. :smile:

Compared to a device like the FiiO e12 the Mojo's soundstage is larger. Compared to the Cavalli Liquid Crimson desktop amp the soundstage is slightly smaller on the Mojo. It's all relative, but I have no complaints with the Mojo either.

:)

Apr 24, 2016 at 1:17 AM Post #16,587 of 42,788
Could various tiny aspects such as the sound-stage be firmware flashable updated in future, or is everything fixed in stone ?

Apr 24, 2016 at 1:35 AM Post #16,590 of 42,788
Could various tiny aspects such as the sound-stage be firmware flashable updated in future, or is everything fixed in stone ?

Chord would have to do any updates if there were any. It's been covered waaaaaay back in the thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back