Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Apr 23, 2016 at 2:03 AM Post #16,546 of 42,765
Someone has successfully modded Mojo to boast one SE output and one balanced output.

Why? Do you have a source to share?

Edit: I see absolutely no point in adding a balanced output from the Mojo since it's single ended and all that would be happening is that the balanced connection would be derived from a SE source, ergo, zero benefit. All that would do is add more complexity to the output stage and reduce transparency. A key reason why Rob Watts decided not to use balanced in his design.

Apr 23, 2016 at 2:11 AM Post #16,547 of 42,765
Why? Do you have a source to share?

Edit: I see absolutely no point in adding a balanced output from the Mojo since it's single ended and all that would be happening is that the balanced connection would be derived from a SE source, ergo, zero benefit. All that would do is add more complexity to the output stage and reduce transparency. A key reason why Rob Watts decided not to use balanced in his design.

I doubt the difference would be significant, if any. But I'm curious though. Modded Mojo. Yum.

EDIT: Ohm Image does & did not do the mod.

Apr 23, 2016 at 2:14 AM Post #16,548 of 42,765
I doubt the difference would be significant, if any. But I'm curious though. Modded Mojo. Yum.

Is that Nathan? I'm pretty sure all he's done is add convenience, not really improved anything. It would be great if you had a link so we can read it in context.

Apr 23, 2016 at 2:21 AM Post #16,550 of 42,765
Arg, I'd love a link to the conversation.... Pretty please....

Apr 23, 2016 at 3:29 AM Post #16,553 of 42,765
Wonder where the second ground is coming from...

Colour me intrigued

Apr 23, 2016 at 4:06 AM Post #16,554 of 42,765
Wonder where the second ground is coming from...

Colour me intrigued

I'm pretty sure it's wired just like the small pigtail adapters that can be made for plugging a balanced headphone to a SE output. Not true balanced as the Mojo has no balanced topology, which as mentioned earlier by Rob is detrimental to transparency in his designs.

Apr 23, 2016 at 4:13 AM Post #16,555 of 42,765
This would be interesting to see how it pans out.

I would not be interested in trying for myself just being curious. 

L3000.gif

Apr 23, 2016 at 5:14 AM Post #16,557 of 42,765
I'm pretty sure it's wired just like the small pigtail adapters that can be made for plugging a balanced headphone to a SE output. Not true balanced as the Mojo has no balanced topology, which as mentioned earlier by Rob is detrimental to transparency in his designs.

I would bet on this.

Which makes the whole exercise futile. If you want to use headphones with a balanced cable with your Mojo, buy a suitable adapter - Null Audio have a good selection.

Apr 23, 2016 at 5:28 AM Post #16,558 of 42,765
Has anyone listened to the Onkyo DP-X1 vs the Mojo using any IEMs and what were the differences?

Thinking of going either Mojo + iPhone 6 or the DP-X1 for my Solars/K10s but can't go for both right now.

I'm also 99% tidal and having to put my iPhone in airplane mode to remove interference is a bit annoying

Apr 23, 2016 at 5:39 AM Post #16,559 of 42,765
I've seen a few posts suggesting low impedance IEMs drain the battery quicker than full-size earphones. This is counterintuitive to my mind, especially as the volume setting for earphones is higher than that used for IEMs. I thought that low impedance = low resistance = low power needed to drive them.

Would anyone like to take a stab at explaining this to me in child speak?

Apr 23, 2016 at 5:53 AM Post #16,560 of 42,765

Has anyone managed to get this to work with a USB type c input. Having no luck with a LG g5.

I'm using a OnePlus 2 smartphone with type c usb port. I use a power sharing cable with OTG function, both ends micro usb. Adding a type c adapter on one end (a or b, can't remember) does the job. Make sure you use the right android apps like Onkyo HF Player, USB Audio Player PRO or Neutron Player. The last 2 are the most prescribed because they offer bit by bit decoding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back