Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Apr 5, 2016 at 5:24 AM Post #15,361 of 42,765
I have the same issue with the m8. Mojo doesn't seem to be supported natively. I have found that you need to use uapp with the screen permanently left on and set the option 'one packet per transfer' otherwise there are is a wierd crackling sound..

It doesn't happen on my nvidia shield tablet (where the mojo seems to integrate well and allow Spotify and native tidal support).

I suspect this means it is an m8 specific issue. Hopefully marshmallow will fix it?

Ade

Has anyone tried HTC One M8 (with the latest Android OS6 - Marshmallow) together with Mojo yet? I have yet to try the combo due to lack of OTG cable (ordered one, and it's on the way). I saw some guys tried the combo in some earlier posts but seemed the M8 doesn't support Mojo natively, and the combo had some noisy background issue, but the OS was the earlier version. I wonder if this issue has been fixed in the latest Marshmallow OS.

Apr 5, 2016 at 5:27 AM Post #15,362 of 42,765
Apr 5, 2016 at 5:32 AM Post #15,363 of 42,765
Alternativly for Europeans there are copper/silver OTG cables from Forza audio works. The 30cm silver copper is 65€.
BTW the cables are from Poland... Not from St. Pauli, Hamburg :D
Nice then I can demo it here.

Apr 5, 2016 at 6:43 AM Post #15,364 of 42,765
Anybody has an opportunity to compare Squeezebox Touch with better power supply with MOJO ?

Thanks

popcorn.gif

Apr 5, 2016 at 7:52 AM Post #15,369 of 42,765
Hello Mr Franks, I don't ever plan to drop my Chord Mojo, but accidents do happen. I dropped my Hugo once accidentally and there is a tiny dent, but it is working fine.

other than the battery, the electronics inside the Mojo, all are fine after your drop tests? And what about the battery?

Cheers
As long as it's not burst or pierced the battery will be fine it's held in placed very firmly. The unit in Korea that I'd swapped out was so severely dented on the top that I was concerned that the dent had compressed the battery so far that it was likely to split. Although it hadn't and the unit was and still is working fine.

Apr 5, 2016 at 8:18 AM Post #15,370 of 42,765

very nice but who should be prepared for the price. We've done seriously wicked drop tests on our new case with Mojos inside all were unmarked. People do definitely drop Mojos I swapped out a unit for a guy in Korea last week the drop had put such a cleft in in the front that I was worried his battery might be damaged.

Hello Mr Franks, I don't ever plan to drop my Chord Mojo, but accidents do happen. I dropped my Hugo once accidentally and there is a tiny dent, but it is working fine.

other than the battery, the electronics inside the Mojo, all are fine after your drop tests? And what about the battery?

Cheers

As long as it's not burst or pierced the battery will be fine it's held in placed very firmly. The unit in Korea that I'd swapped out was so severely dented on the top that I was concerned that the dent had compressed the battery so far that it was likely to split. Although it hadn't and the unit was and still is working fine.

If one looks inside Mojo, it is quite easy to see that it's solidly-built, with very little to break, in the event of a hard knock/fall:

Here is some nudity for all you chord pervs, and no it is not mine please don't void my warranty

source:https://twitter.com/fixerhpa

I highly recommend you guys to check out the link above, this person is putting mojo into some serious testing, so far the reports of him states nothing put perfection. Of course use google to translate the source.

Mojo has a nice, solid, aluminium casing, much like Hugo
biggrin.gif
:

Apr 5, 2016 at 8:44 AM Post #15,371 of 42,765
Hey fellow head-fiers

I'm considering buying the Mojo, but would like to hear about people with my headphones/equipment about synergy:

- Nad Viso HP50
- Hifiman HE-400
- Shure SE846
- Fostex TH-X00 (didn't arrived yet)

I'm using as DAC/AMP right now:

- LH Labs Geek Out 720
- DX90

Did someone switch from the Geek Out or DX90 to Mojo with one ore more of my headphones?

Thanks

Apr 5, 2016 at 8:44 AM Post #15,372 of 42,765
Please proove it :p Particulary DAC option alone. I know headphone output is different story.

:)

same price bracket: http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B002LARRDA/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

Impossible to prove even if you have both. Whatever you like the sound of , go for it , enjoy it. I've not heard anything anywhere near the price bracket of the Mojo that compares to the sound quality to my ears and my preferences but that doesn't mean you might

Apr 5, 2016 at 9:03 AM Post #15,373 of 42,765
Balance operation is a fix for problems we don't have. We have no substrate noise and we have plenty of output swing. Single ended done right is far better than a balanced design far less distortion.

To be honest I don't see the correlation here... Probably it's me, just came home from work. :) Maybe I'll get it later...
Cheers

EDIT : possibly you thought I was being sarcastic calling Mojo/Nighthawk a killer combo, because the Nighthawks can be ordered with balanced cable and are therefore alone not suited well for Mojo?? I most definitely was not.
Quite the opposite I was a little upset missing the offer and wanted to remind for this offer...
Anyway... much said about nothing :D

Apr 5, 2016 at 9:16 AM Post #15,374 of 42,765
Has anyone tried HTC One M8 (with the latest Android OS6 - Marshmallow) together with Mojo yet? I have yet to try the combo due to lack of OTG cable (ordered one, and it's on the way). I saw some guys tried the combo in some earlier posts but seemed the M8 doesn't support Mojo natively, and the combo had some noisy background issue, but the OS was the earlier version. I wonder if this issue has been fixed in the latest Marshmallow OS.

Just a quick update on my own test. My cheaply OTG cable came in mail today. Hooked up the M8 and Mojo, played w PowerAmp app first, there was some noise once in a while, not that pleasant. Then tried the built-in HTC Music app, sound fantastic w no noise at all. Now I'm even happier w the Mojo :)

The OTG cable (both sides have micro USB connectors) I got from China isn't that good quality, it disconnects quite easily if I touch it accidently. I guess a better OTG cable will be even better.

Apr 5, 2016 at 9:17 AM Post #15,375 of 42,765
  Please proove it :p Particulary DAC option alone. I know headphone output is different story.

:)

same price bracket: http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B002LARRDA/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

just kidding :wink:

anyway, if I have to speculate, the squeeze is a mainstream product, with maybe a good dac, but not as good as mojo's...considering what is capable of...

obviously it has the touchscreen and something else, it's a different product

Users who are viewing this thread

Back