Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Apr 5, 2016 at 2:58 PM Post #15,391 of 42,765
  Is the battery replaceable after it is deteriorated? 

Please read the thread title.

Look under the section 'Battery & Charging'

and you'll find a question 'How many charge/discharge cycles is the Mojo battery going to last?' - this contains the relevant information

Apr 5, 2016 at 5:13 PM Post #15,392 of 42,765
First add-on short video:

https://twitter.com/e_earphone/status/716905745359306754

Apr 5, 2016 at 5:27 PM Post #15,393 of 42,765
  First add-on short video:

https://twitter.com/e_earphone/status/716905745359306754

That looks quite useful. Although it adds some bulk, it seems it will make it easier to take with you on the go. Will it come with the rubber bands?

Apr 5, 2016 at 5:45 PM Post #15,394 of 42,765
Apple direct is not quite flat 20 Hz to 20kHz they tinker with the response lifting both bass and treble slightly we found this out when we were developing Mojo

I would like to see these 'shaped' responses. All the measurements I've seen of iOS devices are flat.

+1. I'd like to see. I've only seen flat result from modern iOS devices.

I used some 16/44.1 lossless HDCD encoded tracks to verify that both Apple's native music player and Onkyo HF on iOS were both essentially bit perfect.  When I streamed my iPhone 6s's audio to an HDCD-capable DAC, the DAC's HDCD indicator light would turn on, regardless of which app on my iPhone I used.  That indicated the HDCD data modulation on the low-order bit was still intact.  If I messed up the data by turning on digital equalization inside either app, the HDCD indicator light on my DAC would turn off.  

One caveat is that my (non-Mojo) HDCD DAC doesn't have a USB input, so I got these results using Airplay on my iPhone to an Apple Airport Express with Toslink output.  There's a possibility that the iPhone's USB audio output is tweaked whereas audio Airplay is not, but this seems unlikely to me.

If people hear a difference in sound signature between Apple's music player and other apps like Onkyo HF, I think it's perhaps something to do with the different apps turning the iPhone into a more noisy or less noisy RFI environment and thus polluting the USB interface to a greater or lesser degree.  The actual bits should be the same either way.  

Since this is my first post, I should also mention that I've been a happy Mojo owner since last November!  It's wonderful to have this level of sound quality available on a portable device that I can use anywhere and anytime.  So here's a note of thanks to Rob and John at Chord for all my hours of enjoyment.  And thanks to this site as that's how I first learned about the Mojo's existence.

Apr 5, 2016 at 5:58 PM Post #15,395 of 42,765
Well finally got a mojo to see what the fuss is about.  I was pessimistic that I would be happy with it having owned some pretty good dacs (Yggdrasil, Gungnir MB, Matrix X-Sabre) .   I must say the mojo performs way above its price point.   Actually I am extremely impressed and also surprised how well it drives the HD800.    Very well done Chord.   

Apr 5, 2016 at 6:11 PM Post #15,396 of 42,765
Just a quick update on my own test. My cheaply OTG cable came in mail today. Hooked up the M8 and Mojo, played w PowerAmp app first, there was some noise once in a while, not that pleasant. Then tried the built-in HTC Music app, sound fantastic w no noise at all. Now I'm even happier w the Mojo
smily_headphones1.gif

The OTG cable (both sides have micro USB connectors) I got from China isn't that good quality, it disconnects quite easily if I touch it accidently. I guess a better OTG cable will be even better.

What cable did you get. I am not sure if you got this as I find the connections very stable and ordered 29/03/2016 and delivery to my door in the UK 02/04/2016

Excellent service all around. 

Apr 5, 2016 at 8:15 PM Post #15,397 of 42,765
Apr 5, 2016 at 8:38 PM Post #15,399 of 42,765
Not sure about the Loghtning add-on. Right now, I connect Mojo and iPhone with 3ft cable+CCK. Mojo in left pocket, iPhone in right.

Stack looks pretty, but iPhone SE literally bombards Mojo with lots of EMI - more than 6/6s. Ferrite choke only eliminates RF from cables. Put iPhone on top of Mojo, noisy as hell.

Apr 5, 2016 at 9:36 PM Post #15,400 of 42,765
I'm a US customer that had a problem with some kind of short in my 1/8" headphone outs and now my mojo is in some kind of "service center". I've been without my baby for a week and evidently we're waiting on a part. I am literally going through withdrawal:frowning2:

Apr 5, 2016 at 11:47 PM Post #15,401 of 42,765
Mython They finally upgraded you to contributor, well deserved brother!!

Side note, I factory reset my X7 due to mojo losing signal, and it appears to be working properly again. That was driving me nuts.

I'm hoping I can root it again, and am able to use the music player, viper, and of course Mojo in conjunction successfully. I'd be extremely happy.

If not... I'll keep it stock for now until I purchase a new phone, probably a LG G5 to use specifically with Mojo, and X7 just for viper without Mojo. Less than ideal, but will work.

Hello, would appreciate if you could compare the X7 stand alone to Mojo. I'm using the Mojo currently on loan for about 2 weeks till I decide on my purchase. As far as I remember the X7 when I had it for a brief demo for a couple days, it had more treble detail or rather emphasized treble. But the Mojo, despite sounding smoother and warmer in tone, has a brilliant treble response in my opinion, only it isn't emphasized. Everything seems to sound just more realistic through the Mojo. And yes, I've almost made up my mind for the purchase after the demo run. Thanks in advance, cheers

Apr 6, 2016 at 12:12 AM Post #15,402 of 42,765
Has anyone tried the Mojo using the latest version of Apple's lightning to USB camera adapter (otherwise known as the Camera Connection Kit, although that name hasn't applied since it had a 30-pin connector)?  The new adapter came out with the recent iPad Pro and is called the lightning to USB 3 camera adapter.  It has an additional lightning socket on the dongle that can provide charging power to your iPhone or iPad while connected to the Mojo.  Priced at $39 US.  

Apr 6, 2016 at 12:29 AM Post #15,403 of 42,765
ShreyasMax X7 has more sparkle, but I too prefer mojo. The Mojo does everything a little better. To me, it just sounds more natural, the individual instruments and voices sound more coherent yet they sound separate. Very easy to hear all the sounds. Sorry, best I can really do.

Apr 6, 2016 at 1:09 AM Post #15,404 of 42,765
This is a great way to protect those fragile micro USB connectors, which is one of my main concerns with Mojo. I will be interested to know if chord plan on making standard USB and OTG cables that can also be 'swallowed' by the addon for use with computers and Android devices...

I believe the attachment featured will also include additional cables including an OTG, but don't quote me on that, I'm sure I read earlier in this thread that it will.

Apr 6, 2016 at 1:16 AM Post #15,405 of 42,765
Has anyone tried the Mojo using the latest version of Apple's lightning to USB camera adapter (otherwise known as the Camera Connection Kit, although that name hasn't applied since it had a 30-pin connector)?  The new adapter came out with the recent iPad Pro and is called the lightning to USB 3 camera adapter.  It has an additional lightning socket on the dongle that can provide charging power to your iPhone or iPad while connected to the Mojo.  Priced at $39 US.  

I believe you could try the connector at Apple stores. My bet is it will work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back