Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Apr 5, 2016 at 9:18 AM Post #15,376 of 42,765
Hi Rob,

Thanks for your reply.

As you suggested, I checked my USB power supply 9and even cables) and can be sure that it can output 2.0A + of current for prolonged period. However, the situation did not turn better.

After a full charge (over night, the power LED was off and the Mojo turns from warm to cold), the power LED start from Blue, for not more than 30 mins, it turned Green and from Green to flashing RED, it was only about three hours (FLAC playback with line level O/P). Is this normal? (the Mojo have gone thru not more than 10 complete charge up and discharge cycles)

Just want to get an idea on whether my Mojo should be sent back for repair?

Thanks

Apr 5, 2016 at 9:24 AM Post #15,377 of 42,765
Just a quick update on my own test. My cheaply OTG cable came in mail today. Hooked up the M8 and Mojo, played w PowerAmp app first, there was some noise once in a while, not that pleasant. Then tried the built-in HTC Music app, sound fantastic w no noise at all. Now I'm even happier w the Mojo :)

The OTG cable (both sides have micro USB connectors) I got from China isn't that good quality, it disconnects quite easily if I touch it accidently. I guess a better OTG cable will be even better.

Apr 5, 2016 at 9:24 AM Post #15,378 of 42,765
  Originally Posted by Multimediers 

Just wonder if anyone here experience the same situation.

I had fully charged up my Mojo and had been using it for not more than 10 mins yesterday. When I started using it today I discovered that the power indicator went to green immediately. It seems the battery level was going down even if I am not using it. The USB power supply was being disconnected every time when the Mojo was being fully charged and the Mojo is never being used when it was being charged. The Mojo had went thru 6-7 times of complete charge-up/discharge cycles. The longest play time (continuous) which I got is not more than 5 hours (can't remember where from this thread that some others can get 8 to 10 hrs of play time).

Is my Mojo not working as expected (in terms of battery life)?

BTW, would battery life be shorter if Mojo is being used under DSD mode?   

I think the clue is the fact that it starts at green - and getting five hours from green is about right. Make sure that the unit is properly charged - turn it off, and charge overnight, so that the white charging light goes out. When you power up it should be blue. If not, its possible that your charger is not capable of delivering 1A for 4 hours - what can happen is the charger gets hot inside, reduces its OP current, then Mojo will stop charging as it does not have enough voltage. So try a 2A charger for example.

The power consumed by the FPGA is 475 mW - less than a third of the power used in total. Using DSD should actually be slightly lower power, as most of the WTA DSP cores are not being used.

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your reply.

As you suggested, I checked my USB power supply 9and even cables) and can be sure that it can output 2.0A + of current for prolonged period. However, the situation did not turn better.

After a full charge (over night, the power LED was off and the Mojo turns from warm to cold), the power LED start from Blue, for not more than 30 mins, it turned Green and from Green to flashing RED, it was only about three hours (FLAC playback with line level O/P). Is this normal? (the Mojo have gone thru not more than 10 complete charge up and discharge cycles)

Cannot get an proper idea on min battery life elsewhere and would like to get an idea on whether my Mojo should be sent back for repair?

Thanks

Apr 5, 2016 at 10:42 AM Post #15,383 of 42,765
  Has anyone tried HTC One M8 (with the latest Android OS6 - Marshmallow) together with Mojo yet? I have yet to try the combo due to lack of OTG cable (ordered one, and it's on the way). I saw some guys tried the combo in some earlier posts but seemed the M8 doesn't support Mojo natively, and the combo had some noisy background issue, but the OS was the earlier version. I wonder if this issue has been fixed in the latest Marshmallow OS.

I have. Since the Mojo will not work with my Lumia 950XL Windows Phone I resorted to blowing the dust off my M8 One and give it a spin. I am using a micro-usb/micro-usb OTG and connects perfectly with the DAC. For apps I've tried both the native music player and Rocket Player which is unlocked/paid for version so it can play FLAC. While I don't think there's a highly distinguishable difference with or without Mojo, there does seem to be more clarity and "oomph" when volume is considered. Overall not a bad combo and I will band these together for portable use when the need arises. My XDP-100r on it's own is just as good with less encumbrance of course.

Apr 5, 2016 at 11:00 AM Post #15,385 of 42,765
first thx for sharing the link.Have you notice any sound quality improvement?.

My ears are too old to notice small differences so not really. For me, cables are more about an efficient method rather than searching for every minute sound quality improvement. I liked that cable because it had right angle connectors, thus resulting in a closer cable connection.

Apr 5, 2016 at 2:14 PM Post #15,390 of 42,765

Users who are viewing this thread

Back