Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Apr 3, 2016 at 4:07 AM Post #15,226 of 42,765

Unfortunately, that is the dimmest Mojo can be.

Thanks, Ill try it.

I wish there was more dim levels as well even LED off.  The other thing I wish there was static line out.  Even detect the line out being used then change the single output to lineout voltage with ability to adjust it from there (instead of there being two headphone outs).  The problem I have with the way it is now.  Is if you activate line out and accidently touch one of the volume buttons (unknowingly). after you activated line out, then it remembers that position next time you turn it on.  You can blast your ears or even break your headphones if your not careful.  To make things worse.  The listening volume I usually use has a similar color to the line out color so I never know.  So what I end up doing it setting the volume to zero every time I turn it on just incase which I feel is a annoyance. 

Edit : Or they could of made it not remember any volume after the lineout was activated.  Or not remember any volume higher than 1.9.  But that would have issues with some power hungry headphones that are in that range.

Apr 3, 2016 at 4:20 AM Post #15,227 of 42,765
GOOD HINT :

I am use my mojo with iphone(6s). Last evening i just download ONKYO player and turn ON it upsampling option.
Wow great !!!! I found that there were huge improvement in sound quality from my iphone +mojo+se846.Actually sound quality improved both flac and even 192 mp3 as well...

Then i google .. And try to find the reason. Then i found that its not new thing and most audiophiles use that technique to improve sound quality.
From theory i found that to get max sound quality you have to upsample integer multiple of original song sampling frequency. For example if you have cd ripped flacs sampling freq is 44.1 so you have to upsample it to 88.2 or 176.4 to get max sound quality.( actually ONKYO player do it automatically)

Hope this will help our friends!!!!!

Each to their own I guess.
Personally prefer to hear my music at the Native Bit Rate, I cannot put my finger on what but never sounds right to my ears as Native does.
blink.gif

Apr 3, 2016 at 6:14 AM Post #15,228 of 42,765
Will there be any difference, if we use 22 awg or 28 awg micro usb cable ?

Apr 3, 2016 at 6:20 AM Post #15,229 of 42,765
Apr 3, 2016 at 8:32 AM Post #15,231 of 42,765
Anybody here has the Onkyo dap and the Mojo?

Apr 3, 2016 at 10:56 AM Post #15,233 of 42,765
Have owned Chord Mojo for awhile. I use mine with a Macbook Pro. Last month purchased Questyle QP1R. Prefer Dac/sound signature of the QP1R's Dac hands down and seldom listen to my Mojo now. Over half my library consists of DSF files. Excellent not to be tethered to a notebook and as QP1R holds 432GB of music files, I can keep my entire library on eight tiny SD cards. Need to learn how to encrypt SD cards so if my SD cards are lost/stolen, lost SD cards will be unusable. My music library is more important than any audio equipment will ever be to me. 

Can u please tell us how u like the sound signature of the QP1R, what does it do better than mojo.
Thanks

Apr 3, 2016 at 11:05 AM Post #15,234 of 42,765
Own Chord Mojo and use with Macbook Pro where my music library resides. Last month purchased Questyle DAP. Prefer Dac/sound signature of the QP1R's Dac hands down to my Mojo/Macbook setup. Over half my library consists of DSF files. Excellent not to be tethered to a notebook and as QP1R holds 432GB of files, I can keep my entire library on eight tiny SD cards. Must learn how to encrypt SD cards so if they are lost/stolen the cards will be unusable. 
Isnt the sound coming from the Mojos Dac and not the dap?

Apr 3, 2016 at 11:20 AM Post #15,237 of 42,765
Apr 3, 2016 at 12:12 PM Post #15,238 of 42,765
Oo true missed that. So he is saying he prefers the sound from the dap than the Mojo.
The QP1R sounds much more like a Hugo than a Mojo...

It is down to personal preference - My personal stance is that I prefer the warmth of the Mojjo compared to the slightly clinical nature of the QP1R / Hugo...

YMMV

Apr 3, 2016 at 12:14 PM Post #15,239 of 42,765
Apr 3, 2016 at 12:50 PM Post #15,240 of 42,765
That's because no-one canhide how 'brilliant' Mojo is! :p  

Haha true! Actually, sometimes I prefer the bright setting, as the left and right light leak to the middle ball on dim setting. For example, white(-) and red(44.1) yield to pink(+).

The QP1R sounds much more like a Hugo than a Mojo...

It is down to personal preference - My personal stance is that I prefer the warmth of the Mojjo compared to the slightly clinical nature of the QP1R / Hugo...

YMMV

Tried Hugo with the exact same result. Hugo's cleanliness detaches myself and the music. Doesn't mean Hugo is not a good product though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back