Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Mar 29, 2016 at 4:13 AM Post #14,776 of 42,765
Got a Mojo for $350 , couldnt say no, but what is the best way to get the BEST sound from the Mojo ? Also what is the BEST way to get bass from the Mojo? Right now I can use my trusted X3 which has a Coax or can use my Plenue M or 1 optical. Which gives a better sound coax connecting or connecting the Mojo from the optical?

Mar 29, 2016 at 4:16 AM Post #14,777 of 42,765
Nice, would love to see more photos of the dignis and mojo..

Mar 29, 2016 at 5:15 AM Post #14,779 of 42,765
Tried all the various adjustments in uapp to get rid of the stuttering etc in the music, it doesnt work. Poweramp plays fine, no EQ the music sounds the same to me.

Guess I'll just be using it the same way as I used my c5 amp and sabre HIFIMEDIY dac. The mojo sounds good but so does my previous dac and amp. If Im missing out on some awesome sounding music because android updamples everything then ohwell, ignorance is bliss...

Maybe the mojo is basically a sports car, i just dont understand how to get it to change gears.

All EQ off, Tidal hifi, uapp and poweramp sound the same to me...

Personally I think you are looking at this from the wrong angle
I strongly believe the issue is not Mojo but the app, phone or even the connection you are using.

If for example you were to connect a DAP to your Mojo via USB or COAX/OPT the issues you are experiencing probably would no longer be present.

I find that Tidal is great for the selection available but I have experienced and issue or two depending on which phone I use, stuttering, tracks being skipped or play stopping altogether these I have experienced from the Tidal app from my phones, the same can happen in UAPP but many factors could affect your experience with UAPP

1. Screen switching off and how your phone deals with running applications when the screen is off
2. Dropping Wi-Fi connection or phone signal
3. The phones RAM or lack thereof and processing power

Questions regarding UAPP can be sought from the developers thread here

EDIT just looked on the UAPP thread and I see you have already found it 
wink_face.gif

Mar 29, 2016 at 5:18 AM Post #14,780 of 42,765
  Mojo its been for a while now, so what mid-tier headphones makes best synergy with Mojo? Anyone tries AKG K702?
Does Mojo have enough power to make them sing?

I use mojo with HD650 which is 300 Ohms.

K702 is only 62 Ohms, i think Mojo can easily drive it :)

Mar 29, 2016 at 5:25 AM Post #14,781 of 42,765
Mojo its been for a while now, so what mid-tier headphones makes best synergy with Mojo? Anyone tries AKG K702?
Does Mojo have enough power to make them sing?

I've really enjoyed the Beyerdynamic DT880s with the Mojo - especially for classical & jazz as the treble of the DT880 makes for a wonderful open sound. However the treble can sound somewhat hot with other genres, though not a fault of the Mojo as the DT880s are well known for their treble peak.

I have the Q701, but to be honest I've not tried them with the Mojo yet, other than a very brief listen, as I prefer the fuller sound of the DT880s, however if memory serves me correctly the treble is a bit sweeter and less invasive on the Q701.

In any event the Mojo should be able to drive the K702 with relative ease.

Mar 29, 2016 at 5:41 AM Post #14,783 of 42,765
hmmm, im genuinely perplexed how plenty of people seem to be coming from already decent audio set ups, yet rave about how much better mojo is.

I'll put it like this. Im average joe, who just enjoys listening to music on a daily. I've bought the mojo expecting some sort of audio quailty upgrade, however, im just too stupid to get it to sound like it should.

Anyone considering buying the mojo shouldnt base any decision on my posts, i truly believe I dont know how to use it. Thousands of positive reviews from people cant be wrong. No doubt, its a quality piece of kit if used properly...

I came from an entry level set up so cannot comment on those who have come form an already decent set up, but the only half decent gear I had at the time were my Shure SE535's
SInce getting the Mojo I have invested in a few more headphones and DAP's as for me the Mojo was that good.
I would only invest in the 846 only if you had intended to go down that path in the first place, otherwise there are plenty of lower priced IEM that I believe will improve your listening experience
Flare Audio R2A £150
RHA T20 £179
Finder X1 $199
 No doubt others could also recommend other mid-range IEM's

I would hate to think you purchased the 846's just for the Mojo and still not be satisfied

I found the seperate rob watts thread earlier, whilst reading through post 3 to see if answers could be found, I searched other mojo threads, Thats what I meant. Cheers for the input. I think, had i gone from using only mu phone to the mojo the difference would be night and day, seeing as mojo is an amp aswell. Maybe the differences are too subtle for my ears coming from an external dac and amp set up. All good, I can return if I want to, sounds like the next major audio upgrade I can appreciate is a pair of shure se846. Im still determined to get awesome portable audio. I will concentrate on getting cheap cd's and converting to FLAC and build my playlists from scratch maybe.

Cheers for all your inputs and help

I cannot remember if I had provided this link before, there are plenty of free files available in many different formats and tastes.

PS Consider well mastered CD's over cheap CD's, even contemplate buying used. The well mastered CD's are not necessarily more expensive, but I would imagine for example a Sony CD to be better than a 'No' name CD regardless of the artist.

Mar 29, 2016 at 5:45 AM Post #14,784 of 42,765

I use mojo with HD650 which is 300 Ohms.

K702 is only 62 Ohms, i think Mojo can easily drive it :)

Ohms are not so important, sensitivity is.

I have heard Mojo with 300Ohm HD800 and IMO synergy isn't good. I dont like HD650 anyway. :)

I have now Panasonic HD10 and the sound is a little too bright.

I personally couldn't find much difference between HD650 & HD800 (I am no Audiophile :frowning2: ), So i bought the HD650, although now i use only and only earbuds with my Mojo, i havn't used HD650 from months :D

Mar 29, 2016 at 8:38 AM Post #14,786 of 42,765
Concerning affordable headphones, that have a great synergy with Mojo, I can say that I am very happy with the ATH W1000X. They aren't the latest model but they are regularly offered for great price. I stole them on Black Friday for 300€. They are especially great with accouatic music and female voices, BUT IMHO they also can rock out with...
Also the audioquest nighthawks are supposed to have a especially great synergy... Gonna test them soon.

Cheers

Mar 29, 2016 at 8:44 AM Post #14,787 of 42,765
yes, went through the whole of post 3 sub threads pretty much today. Never hurts to re read though. Cheers for the link.

I get where he's coming from, but... theres no doubt in my mind that there should be a fairly obvious detectible difference in SQ compared to my android dac and c5 lol.

Thing is, I blind tested my missus and her brother with my mojo and then my c5 and dac setup. Thats two people plus myself that said there was no difference, bear in mind mojo was tidal hifi streamed with red showing. My other setup with the same song is 128 kbps16 bit mp3 download. All I asked was they really concentrated on the song, vocals and background instruments, neither could pick up a sound difference in quality. Strange... deffinetley a cool looking gadget though!

I've still got Klipsch X10i (£110) and had Shure SE535's (£400) before getting my Shure SE846's (£800).

The SE846's really are a massive step up from the cheaper ones. I got mine 2nd hand off the forums for £470 and if I had to choose one thing that made the largest difference to audio quality between the Mojo & SE846's, or even a Sony ZX2 DAP I had for a while, it would be the SE846's without hesitation.

Now without using such high end IEM's I doubt you will hear a massive difference with the Mojo for Spotify/Tidal but it will depend on how good your hearing is or how good you are at identifying musical quality.

The big quality gain for me is when listening to 96/24+ audio and especially DSD. Only with these do I really notice the benefit of the Mojo. If I was only listening with my Klipsch X10i I wouldn't use a Mojo.

You need to try some high-end ShureSE846's/Noble K10/JH class IEM's or high-end headphones to appreciate the Mojo difference I'd suspect.

I've not done AB testing with my Klipsch X10i/Mojo but I wouldn't expect to see big improvements like I do the SE846's. I will do some when I get chance.  

Mar 29, 2016 at 8:50 AM Post #14,788 of 42,765
  Gonna post it here since I haven't seen it yet. But Dignis X Chord Mojo. A bit high in price but figured some people would like to spend the extra coin.

|

Original link: http://www.e-earphone.jp/dignis

Are these cases going to cause overheating issues though seeing as the Mojo uses its Aluminium Case as a heat-sink using air convection to dissipate heat? Especially a concern if playing & charging at the same time.  

Mar 29, 2016 at 8:53 AM Post #14,789 of 42,765
If anything the leather case would absorb the heat? No?

Mar 29, 2016 at 8:53 AM Post #14,790 of 42,765
If it has to kick in to shutdown due to high temperature a few times, that can be a worrying sign (glad we have the heat protection kicking in).

Going to do a full charge, and then hook both usb up and see how hot mine gets. If it does get really hot, then I'd prob do the charge and playback separately...

After using it a few times, I find it so difficult to see the charging light, should have been more visible in my opinion (oh well).

Hi wondering if this was resolved? I just experienced it in my unit I was using it while charging and it got really extremely hot and automatically shutdown twice after that I just left it to cool.
What's the cause or how do we deal with this issue? I've had a good 2.5 hour before this happened so I'd like to avoid anything damaging if it's not good use it while charging.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back