Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Mar 16, 2016 at 4:48 AM Post #13,456 of 42,765
great then..just buy if you get all warranty services..n check his name on distributors on chord website..so u can check his legitmacy ..

i got for rs 39k from profx, it was about 2 months back.  this is hugo but with slight warmish tone. it has physically stronger usb input than hugo. this dac would easily beats the likes of naim, benchmark hgc2, arcam irdac( i had this one and mojo/hugo are far far superior in sq ), audiolab m dac and many more .

Mar 16, 2016 at 5:24 AM Post #13,458 of 42,765
  Woot woot, gotta love China.  Picked up this TINY android phone running 4.4 (which works with USB Player Pro!) and a microSD slot.  PERFECT transport for the Mojo, oooh man!

Guess what I will be ordering today
beerchug.gif

Mar 16, 2016 at 6:06 AM Post #13,460 of 42,765
Could anyone tell me how Mojo compares to Desktop Amp like Burson Soloist for full sized Cans like Hd800 or any other .

Mar 16, 2016 at 6:25 AM Post #13,461 of 42,765
My Chord Mojo looses connection all the time. I think I found out what the problem is.

The USB cable is not secure in the Chord Mojo. So when I move the Mojo, I loose connection.

Should I send back the Mojo for a new one that hopefully has a more secure fit with USB cables?

Mar 16, 2016 at 6:35 AM Post #13,462 of 42,765
My Chord Mojo looses connection all the time. I think I found out what the problem is.

The USB cable is not secure in the Chord Mojo. So when I move the Mojo, I loose connection.

Should I send back the Mojo for a new one that hopefully has a more secure fit with USB cables?

Are you using the included short USB cable? It's been found to have a loose connection while other USB cables are fine.

Mar 16, 2016 at 6:37 AM Post #13,463 of 42,765
Are you using the included short USB cable? It's been found to have a loose connection while other USB cables are fine.

I ordered a usb cable from larvicables and honestly i like it very much and looks amazing as well and good quality

Mar 16, 2016 at 6:49 AM Post #13,464 of 42,765
I'm planning to pick up a Mojo to pair with my iBasso DX50 acting as the audio source, however I'm having trouble figuring out exactly what kind of cable I'll need. Both have what appears to be a 3.5mm jack for their coax cable, would it be wishful thinking to think a standard aux cable will do the job? If that wouldn't work, any insight into the sort of cable that would work would be awesome!

Mar 16, 2016 at 7:04 AM Post #13,465 of 42,765
  I'm planning to pick up a Mojo to pair with my iBasso DX50 acting as the audio source, however I'm having trouble figuring out exactly what kind of cable I'll need. Both have what appears to be a 3.5mm jack for their coax cable, would it be wishful thinking to think a standard aux cable will do the job? If that wouldn't work, any insight into the sort of cable that would work would be awesome!

"Because of the cost, you might be tempted to use a standard analog RCA audio cable to make a digital connection. Not a good idea. A traditional RCA cable isn't shielded, nor does it have the bandwidth that coaxial cable provides. A digital coaxial cable offers 75-ohm impedance and a wider frequency bandwidth than the thinner, unshielded RCA cable. If you do connect a standard RCA audio cable, you'll find that you start to lose the signal over long distances, due to the lack of shielding. That lack of signal typically manifests itself in the form of stuttering audio—you're not getting all the digital bits on a consistent basis. You may also notice interference from other electrical devices, including electric lights. The longer the cable run, the worse the signal loss; you may not notice it with short cables (three foot or so)."

from http://www.quepublishing.com/articles/article.aspx?p=349880&seqNum=2

But actually,the real problem is impedance only

Mar 16, 2016 at 7:09 AM Post #13,466 of 42,765
  "Because of the cost, you might be tempted to use a standard analog RCA audio cable to make a digital connection. Not a good idea. A traditional RCA cable isn't shielded, nor does it have the bandwidth that coaxial cable provides. A digital coaxial cable offers 75-ohm impedance and a wider frequency bandwidth than the thinner, unshielded RCA cable. If you do connect a standard RCA audio cable, you'll find that you start to lose the signal over long distances, due to the lack of shielding. That lack of signal typically manifests itself in the form of stuttering audio—you're not getting all the digital bits on a consistent basis. You may also notice interference from other electrical devices, including electric lights. The longer the cable run, the worse the signal loss; you may not notice it with short cables (three foot or so)."

from http://www.quepublishing.com/articles/article.aspx?p=349880&seqNum=2

But actually,the real problem is impedance only

Thanks for the info, although rather than being a cost issue I simply cannot seem to find a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable intended for use as a coax cable. Any suggestions on that front?

Mar 16, 2016 at 7:18 AM Post #13,467 of 42,765
Thanks for the info, although rather than being a cost issue I simply cannot seem to find a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable intended for use as a coax cable. Any suggestions on that front?

Read the third post. :rolleyes:

Mar 16, 2016 at 7:23 AM Post #13,468 of 42,765
The Fiio L19 isn't a Fiio product, I've had this confirmed by Fiio direct. Although I don't believe there are any issues with the cable.

The cheap knock off CCK cables are perfectly serviceable if you get a good one, if you're handy with a soldering iron you can make a direct connection cable yourself, see my signature for a link from one of these. There are other sellers on EBay selling cheaper versions of the lavricable.

the OTG chip in the cable is in the lightning connector ? I thought it would be in the USB connector.

Mar 16, 2016 at 7:24 AM Post #13,469 of 42,765

custom cables should have a custom digital 3.5 to 3.5 cable...
if i am not wrong you should be carefull about the jacks, not all daps use the 2 pin jack

Users who are viewing this thread

Back