Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Mar 14, 2016 at 9:40 AM Post #13,231 of 42,765
I, for one, am very happy with how the Mojo volume works. Just check the volume before you turn it on if you are having a problem.

I'm not saying I'm not happy with how it works.

Thought it was on near-zero red but it was actually on the next level's up red when I plgged those IEMs in. gave my ears a nice ring too. Just gotta keep in mind there isn't one of every color.

I mean sure I can disconnect the cable and hold the button down unitl 0 but that can take like a whole minute.... of course it's not the end of the world and I'm sure I'm sounding like I'm complaining a lot more than I am, it's just previous amp let you click down the volume button to mute it and that was immensely useful
biggrin.gif

edit: The fact I sometimes use it to drive my stereo means I'll turn the volume to the 2nd level of red. Forget it's not at 1st level red, plug in headphones, boom goes my ears and the IEMs...

Mar 14, 2016 at 10:04 AM Post #13,232 of 42,765
Exactly what I do. Power On and press the Volume Down button and count to 10 very very slowly in case it is not at the Lower Red level.

Mar 14, 2016 at 10:20 AM Post #13,233 of 42,765
I'm too crazed about the sound and so very grateful for the engineering and technology put into this low price to even consider the volume buttons as anything but perfect.  

In using the two portals with my wife, I  have to be careful to not use extreme mismatch in impedance.  That's it, though. 

I went way back to Jefferson Airplane or Starship's "Miracles" yesterday; again, hearing instruments and harmonies I have not heard before.  

My wife and I listened to Mark Knofler's guitar on Dylan's 1979 "Precious Angel" which has always been reported as Muscle Shoals 'best Dylan recording' alongside Oh Mercy.  Not only is the acoustic strum beautifully pronounced in the background, but the very rim of the drum can be heard.  

Stunning.  

Mar 14, 2016 at 10:51 AM Post #13,234 of 42,765
I just found an issue with my Mojo.. never tried it before. But i get glitching when i use the right handside headphone jack. Swap back to the left and nothing.

Mar 14, 2016 at 10:53 AM Post #13,235 of 42,765
Actually i take that back.. both sides have started doing it for some reason.. ugh!

*EDITED*

I literally never noticed this before.. but the skipping happens when my usb cable touches the headphone cable. People have mentioned phone/signal interference. Must be the cause :)

Mar 14, 2016 at 11:03 AM Post #13,237 of 42,765

http://m.blog.naver.com/PostView.nhn?blogId=burumaworks&logNo=220640569358

cool concept but will the tape leave marks and make the controls harder to reach?

Mar 14, 2016 at 11:05 AM Post #13,238 of 42,765

I'm not saying I'm not happy with how it works.

Thought it was on near-zero red but it was actually on the next level's up red when I plgged those IEMs in. gave my ears a nice ring too. Just gotta keep in mind there isn't one of every color.

I mean sure I can disconnect the cable and hold the button down unitl 0 but that can take like a whole minute.... of course it's not the end of the world and I'm sure I'm sounding like I'm complaining a lot more than I am, it's just previous amp let you click down the volume button to mute it and that was immensely useful
biggrin.gif

edit: The fact I sometimes use it to drive my stereo means I'll turn the volume to the 2nd level of red. Forget it's not at 1st level red, plug in headphones, boom goes my ears and the IEMs...

Struggling to understand how a mute button would help ?

You are saying that you would start playing music and find its much too loud so then hit the mute button, surely that's shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted ?

You should be addressing the problem by lowering the volume before you even hit the play button.

Yes I would also like a mute button for the odd occasions when listening and quickly mute to maybe speak to someone or listen out for something, shame they didn't implement it on a quick press of the power button ?

Mar 14, 2016 at 11:08 AM Post #13,239 of 42,765
Struggling to understand how a mute button would help ?

You are saying that you would start playing music and find its much too loud so then hit the mute button, surely that's shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted ?

You should be addressing the problem by lowering the volume before you even hit the play button.

Yes I would also like a mute button for the odd occasions when listening and quickly mute to maybe speak to someone or listen out for something, shame they didn't implement it on a quick press of the power button ?

As for the volume, mute won't help that, the damage was done when I thought "oh it's red must be IEM leve"!" *boom*

So that part was just me being stupid. I just wish it could accelerate a bit when you're holding the volume down for a long while :)

I agree I wish wish quick tap of power could mute or unmute. It w nice for when someone came up to ask me something quickly and I didn't want to bother pausing or taking out my IEMS :)

Mar 14, 2016 at 11:15 AM Post #13,242 of 42,765
Haha, it's not like I make a habit of plugging stuff in while playing with the volume turned up. Like I said it was a one time fluke, unless I forget the volume color cycles again :wink:

The mute on my old amp ruled at work when my boss walked up and I didn't want to fumble with DAPs or rip my IEMS out.

Mar 14, 2016 at 11:21 AM Post #13,243 of 42,765
Riddle me this...

Why is this 883+ page thread situated in the Portable Source Gear section and NOT the Portable Amps section? Mojo technically isn't a source, correct?

Mar 14, 2016 at 11:25 AM Post #13,244 of 42,765
Haha, it's not like I make a habit of plugging stuff in while playing with the volume turned up. Like I said it was a one time fluke, unless I forget the volume color cycles again
wink.gif

The mute on my old amp ruled at work when my boss walked up and I didn't want to fumble with DAPs or rip my IEMS out.

Lol to be fair red/red should only occur at 38-39 clicks from zero, the reds at 6-7 clicks should be red/pink then change to pink/red but its difficult to see the exact colours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back