Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Feb 13, 2016 at 1:10 PM Post #11,281 of 42,765
Oh man, there are some grumpy and abrasive people on this thread. Usually I find headfi friendly and happy, some of you guys are definitely not in that category.......

My good sir, it's always good to run into you.

Please start posting your Mojo impressions, along with the headphones used.

Every time you talk about good gear, it me want to buy it, lol.

Feb 13, 2016 at 1:34 PM Post #11,282 of 42,765
My good sir, it's always good to run into you.

Please start posting your Mojo impressions, along with the headphones used.

Every time you talk about good gear, it me want to buy it, lol.

Well, first impression with 2 hrs listening is that it is much more dynamic than the m&m schiit stack with the dt880s. Like a lot more dynamic.

Feb 13, 2016 at 1:43 PM Post #11,283 of 42,765
Also, I have discovered that the mojo attracts toddlers. My 2 year old immediately noticed the bright lights and wanted to play with it lol.

Feb 13, 2016 at 2:17 PM Post #11,287 of 42,765
Laid back or relaxed tends to suggest less dynamic punch and a less forward sound. Less in your face is another way to put it. This can also mean less fatiguing.

OK I appreciate it, it makes sense, I like my sound a little punchy and in your face, but also not fatiguing haha, mojo definitely *warmed* up my sound and I enjoy that, because it still stays very clear and detailed

Feb 13, 2016 at 2:53 PM Post #11,288 of 42,765
Anyone here using the mojo with HD650s? I got to briefly hear the combo the other day and it sounded really laid back and smooth - the kind of sound I'm looking for. Just want to make sure the mojo can sufficiently drive them before I buy them so would like to hear some experiences.

It certainly can and I sold my M1-HPAP. Having said that, it has to work quite hard to drive the HD800S headphones which are a sibilant mess.

Feb 13, 2016 at 3:00 PM Post #11,289 of 42,765
Is RF noise normal for Chord Mojo when using with a phone?

I think it depends on the reception you are getting at any moment (2g/3G) and the particulars of your placement. I have found it intrusive when using the CCK and short USB cable. So now I usually use a 1m USB cable with the CCK and keep the iPhone away from the mojo. No problems. Or airplane mode. I generally don't carry a stack when walking around, so my use is home or work.

Also, just ordered a glass toslink cable. Started using the Apple TV to stream at home, and no issues there - sounds very enjoyable. Will see if the new glass cable sounds any different than the current plastic one.

Feb 13, 2016 at 3:05 PM Post #11,290 of 42,765
I think it depends on the reception you are getting at any moment (2g/3G) and the particulars of your placement. I have found it intrusive when using the CCK and short USB cable. So now I usually use a 1m USB cable with the CCK and keep the iPhone away from the mojo. No problems. Or airplane mode. I generally don't carry a stack when walking around, so my use is home or work.

Also, just ordered a glass toslink cable. Started using the Apple TV to stream at home, and no issues there - sounds very enjoyable. Will see if the new glass cable sounds any different than the current plastic one.

I'm always on LTE - but in my house (near a window) so signal may not be the best.

On airplane mode, the Mojo is dead silent. Same with my laptop and every other player except my iPhone 5.

Did you experience the same if on stack (back of iPhone), with airplane mode off in terms of RF noises on Mojo?

Feb 13, 2016 at 3:08 PM Post #11,291 of 42,765
Is RF noise normal for Chord Mojo when using with a phone?

In my experience, using almost any portable amplifier with a phone or any device stacked with cellular or wifi capability with cause intermittent radio frequency interference. If you want to eliminate it turn your phone or device into airplane mode, do not stack your amplifier on top or close to your device or buy a device that does not have cellular or wifi capabilities.

Before you inquire, I have had RFI issues with ALO, Fiio and 3 different RSA portable amplifiers stacked on my DAP. My solution was an iPod Touch that is permanently in airplane mode.

Feb 13, 2016 at 3:10 PM Post #11,292 of 42,765
In my experience, using almost any portable amplifier with a phone or any device with cellular or wifi capability with cause intermittent radio frequency interference. If you want to eliminate it either turn your phone or device into airplane mode or buy a device that does not have cellular or wifi capabilities.

Before you inquire, I have had RFI issues with ALO, Fiio and 3 different RSA portable amplifiers. My solution was an iPod Touch that is permanently in airplane mode.

Appreciate your help.

So can you confirm that you have RFI noises when using a stack of iPhone+Mojo?

Feb 13, 2016 at 3:20 PM Post #11,293 of 42,765
  The problem lies in the cables that we attach both input and output and the variations thereof. These act as Arials feeding directly into Mojo. A phones level RFI in close proximity to mojo is very severe and therefor this issue is not easily solved without compromising Mojos performance this is because when a phone looses signal it ramps up the transmitt levels dramatically and these can be on any number of frequencies. Some cables are adequately screened and with those there is unlikely to be a problem, but with unscreened types there may be. That is why we recomend that for critical listening and in environments where a signal is likely to be lost that you switch to airplane mode.

Feb 13, 2016 at 3:24 PM Post #11,295 of 42,765
Appreciate your help.

So can you confirm that you have RFI noises when using a stack of iPhone+Mojo?

Actually I just tested my iPod Touch 6th generation and iPhone 6s plus stacked on top of my Mojo. With the iPod turned on the wifi and backed it up to iCloud so it would be communicating to see if I could detect any interference. With my iPhone I engaged location services while listening to test.

I have always assumed like all other portable amplifiers I have owned I would hear RFI interference. With both iDevices I do not hear any interference either when a song is playing or paused. WOW

Users who are viewing this thread

Back