Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Feb 13, 2016 at 9:36 AM Post #11,251 of 42,765
  Hi, anyone here can share synergy between Mojo and Fitear tg334 / mh334?
smile.gif

I have MH334 and it sounds lovely with the Mojo. Brings out the treble nicely without being edgy, not the widest soundstage but have good depth and focus.

Feb 13, 2016 at 9:36 AM Post #11,252 of 42,765
I think it'd awsome, I wish it had a little more separation, or layering, but thst may be because my se846 are sub par in the iem category?

Perhaps that is the case with your se486s .  I don't find that problem with my JH13s

Feb 13, 2016 at 9:52 AM Post #11,253 of 42,765
To me mojo is amazing, no complains, it makes everything sound just awsome, I wish it had just more layering but thst may be me being an idiot.

The se846 just doesn't not wow me (any audio equipment has yet to do that for me) thr mojo is definitely the thing thst made me smile, the se846 are great for vocals, but I feel the treble is lacking on extention (clarity is top notch, but extention is lackong) anyways... It's just not a ***wow this is crazy awsome, I never expected things to sound this amazing***.... I'm new to.

is this possible? i mean, have you tried se846 on other sources that provided more layering? or is it the song problem? mojo cant create something that is not there.

but i am not saying mojo is the last word in dac, perhaps you can try hugo/hugo tt/ dave to see if you can get the layering.

by the way, which song/track are you comparing? at which part? 

Feb 13, 2016 at 9:54 AM Post #11,254 of 42,765
AirPlay from iOS device to Mojo?

Anyone have experience with an AirPlay receiver with toslink output to the Mojo? Could be airport express, Apple TV v1, or maybe a dedicated regime Iver such as the sound mate or the AirPlay emblem kit?

I am considering wireless from my iphone or iPad to the Mojo.

Feb 13, 2016 at 10:04 AM Post #11,256 of 42,765
In the interim, I am inquiring as to people's experience with Apple's wireless system known as AirPlay.

Feb 13, 2016 at 10:04 AM Post #11,257 of 42,765

There are only two times where synergy really matters:

1. the source, DAC, or amp uses valves, and has high levels of distortion. (This goes for certain NOS DACs as well.)
2. you're not looking for the best possible sound, but for a certain sound.

+100

rest of the post quoted edited to not belabour the points made, but I totally agree. Mojo pairs well because it does not distort the way each earphone or headphone has been tuned. If you want a different sound, go for earphones that you know are acknowledged to have those differing characteristics.

Feb 13, 2016 at 10:27 AM Post #11,258 of 42,765
is this possible? i mean, have you tried se846 on other sources that provided more layering? or is it the song problem? mojo cant create something that is not there.

but i am not saying mojo is the last word in dac, perhaps you can try hugo/hugo tt/ dave to see if you can get the layering.

by the way, which song/track are you comparing? at which part? 

It's just overall not a particular track of master, like I said I'm happy with my choice in Mojo, I just feel the problem is the iems

To another post
(dx80 had been a horrible dap for me, it got much better lately with custom firmware)

Thank you all for your replies, I appreciate

Feb 13, 2016 at 10:30 AM Post #11,259 of 42,765

There are only two times where synergy really matters:

1. the source, DAC, or amp uses valves, and has high levels of distortion. (This goes for certain NOS DACs as well.)
2. you're not looking for the best possible sound, but for a certain sound.

If it's the first, it won't matter: Mojo is solid state. If the second, Mojo won't matter as it is 100% capable with every IEM on the planet, and in many metrics, is the best or 2nd best performing DAC/amp out there. So, for it to have or not have synergy with an earphone would mean that the product you're looking for has worse objective sound quality. In which case, I can suggest about a hundred DACs/amps with more or better synergy. Synergy with earphones depends on only three things: personal preferences (which have nothing at all to do with objective sound quality), sufficiently low enough output impedance, high current. It can fail the last two and still have synergy for you, but that synergy is predicated on BAD sound quality. 

Mojo plays perfectly well with TG334 and MH334. But it plays perfectly well with all earphones. Again, if you want worse SQ, just ask. The options are myriad.

shigzeo, thanks for the explaination. That is help a lot! 
smile.gif

Feb 13, 2016 at 10:34 AM Post #11,260 of 42,765
  I have MH334 and it sounds lovely with the Mojo. Brings out the treble nicely without being edgy, not the widest soundstage but have good depth and focus.

"Brings out the treble nicely without being edgy", this is what i am looking for.
My Mojo should come in couple days, i believe it won't let me down.
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks a lot for your help , Ra97oR!

Feb 13, 2016 at 10:36 AM Post #11,261 of 42,765
No, just wishing the Mojo had slightly. More layering, I just ate haven't been wowed, there are days I pretend I'm happy with my rig, but I'm never wowed, never have been impressed, and I've tried other iems with mojo and while mojo made them sound better, most weren't better than se846 in my ears, maybe I just need to accept, I got what I got, it's enjoyable but nothing special.

Sry to have annoyed you guys, it wasn't my goal, u guys enjoy the weekend

NaiveSound, if you are, as you put it, looking for more "wow" factor v. the SE846, I think the answer for you is to go to headphones instead of an IEM.  Headphones will give you more of a big sound on the outside of your head, enveloping you in the sound, especially with bass, more akin to what full size speakers provide. And a good headphone with solid bass should "wow" you plenty. 

Feb 13, 2016 at 10:47 AM Post #11,262 of 42,765
Guys let us stop polluting the Mojo thread with NaiveSound's quest for something he doesn't Know exists.

As I told him before, his disappointment is unrelated to the Mojo, no portable source will satisfy him with the 846.

The 846 is not the best if you want an airy, spacious and layered soundstage. The 846 is good for bass quality and engaging mids. If you want an airy spacious stage, check the Layla, Roxannes, or maybe the Tralucent iems, or maybe look at the 1964 Adel.

But please NaiveSound, stop polluting this thread already, it is hard enough following it as it is.

Feb 13, 2016 at 10:58 AM Post #11,264 of 42,765
AirPlay from iOS device to Mojo?

Anyone have experience with an AirPlay receiver with toslink output to the Mojo? Could be airport express, Apple TV v1, or maybe a dedicated regime Iver such as the sound mate or the AirPlay emblem kit?

I am considering wireless from my iphone or iPad to the Mojo.

Experiencing it every day after work and lots of hours on weekends!

All AirPlay does delivers your source file or streaming from a mac/iDevice to a AppleTV, AirportExpress, that in its turn sends optical to Mojo and Mojo to your amp.
If your source is good Mojo is just as good as your ears and brain.
In my case I noticed that all of a sudden I can listen to music that never sounded good on speakers, but only on headphones. Mojo does that!
I always enjoyed my system before Mojo, now it is just even more subtle. Another thing - that at night I can lower the volume to barely audible and still enjoy it, details are still there and presentation is impecable.
Some people try to find Mojo's faults, saying we, that say it is really good are crazy. No Mojo is not perfect in terms of your preference to inputs, outputs, size, power, etc. etc. Nothing is perfect, but it is close to perfection when it comes to making good digital source sound like life music for that I bow to its creators.

Feb 13, 2016 at 11:15 AM Post #11,265 of 42,765
Guys let us stop polluting the Mojo thread with NaiveSound's quest for something he doesn't Know exists.

As I told him before, his disappointment is unrelated to the Mojo, no portable source will satisfy him with the 846.

The 846 is not the best if you want an airy, spacious and layered soundstage. The 846 is good for bass quality and engaging mids. If you want an airy spacious stage, check the Layla, Roxannes, or maybe the Tralucent iems, or maybe look at the 1964 Adel.

But please NaiveSound, stop polluting this thread already, it is hard enough following it as it is.

OK I understand, I'll. Stop, I apologize

Users who are viewing this thread

Back