Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Feb 1, 2016 at 3:09 PM Post #10,486 of 42,765
This........
popcorn.gif
blink.gif
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Quote:
  Always hide my balls, don't accidentally knock them or have the volume shoot up to dangerous levels

........Read what you typed a couple times. 

Feb 1, 2016 at 3:11 PM Post #10,487 of 42,765
Guys right now I'm listening to the bandcamp app. I love bandcamp, makes buying music super cheap and easy.  Anyway, they have a feature where labels, artists and fans you follow-they're album purchases or recommendations or in the case of lables-releases appear in your music feed. I've got like 300 people I follow so my feed is always updating so I just set mine to play and it will play the next song in my feed automatically with my iphone 5 screen off.  If I click a button it automatically dispalys album art, very nice.

Anyway, the most of the albums offer a track or two or more as free streaming.  Most of these are im mp3 format(guessing).  The albums can all be downloaded in flac once you pay(in most cases, some are free). Now to the point: I am astonished at the quality of these streaming mp3's on mojo and my ADEL A12's.  I just listened to Heights(never heard of this band before) - Trick of the Light.  The guitars reach high and low across the sound spectrum, the cymbals decay for a very long time, the bass guitar is tight but has a ton of authority.  Everything-especially the drums are placed in the correct place on the large soundstage.  Who thought simple streaming mp3's could sound so damn good. 

Feb 1, 2016 at 3:17 PM Post #10,488 of 42,765
Quote:
  .... I am astonished at the quality of these streaming mp3's on mojo and my ADEL A12's.  I just listened to Heights(never heard of this band before) - Trick of the Light.  The guitars reach high and low across the sound spectrum, the cymbals decay for a very long time, the bass guitar is tight but has a ton of authority.  Everything-especially the drums are placed in the correct place on the large soundstage.  Who thought simple streaming mp3's could sound so damn good. 

Perhaps the recordings are simple 2-channel mic'd, rather than over-produced, multi-tracked recordings, run through a mixing desk &/or digital audio software until barely any natural acoustic remains.

Feb 1, 2016 at 3:46 PM Post #10,489 of 42,765
  Hey guys,

I'd like your opinion: I currently own the NAD HP50 combined with an Audioengine D3. It sounds pretty good and I got used to the sound of the D3.
I'm planning on selling it and getting something better (finally put the cash together). Will the Mojo make a dramatic difference for my current setup?
Based on reviews and after reading around the Mojo seems to be a game changer.
My source would be a Galaxy S5 and my MSI GT60 notebook.

Felix :)

Hey everyone,
Any answers to my inquiry? I hope I'm not being pushy...I'm really on the edge (and mood) on getting the Mojo

Feb 1, 2016 at 3:52 PM Post #10,491 of 42,765

Hey guys,

I'd like your opinion: I currently own the NAD HP50 combined with an Audioengine D3. It sounds pretty good and I got used to the sound of the D3.
I'm planning on selling it and getting something better (finally put the cash together). Will the Mojo make a dramatic difference for my current setup?
Based on reviews and after reading around the Mojo seems to be a game changer.
My source would be a Galaxy S5 and my MSI GT60 notebook.

Felix :)

Hey everyone,
Any answers to my inquiry? I hope I'm not being pushy...I'm really on the edge (and mood) on getting the Mojo

Which country are you in?

If you're in the UK, and you're unsure whether to purchase a Mojo or not, then Phil might be able to let you hear it:

Quote:
When I can afford it I will try and get a Mojo for a good listen. Is the only way to order from Amazon or does any UK dealer offer a loaner?
I'll try and keep quiet now until I hear the Mojo. Carry on!
wink.gif

Regarding UK loaners of Mojo, Im actually not certain if any dealers offer that...

I'll ask.

We can offer this. Give us a call.

Best regards

Feb 1, 2016 at 3:52 PM Post #10,492 of 42,765

Hey everyone,

I used iFi iCan with Fidelio X2 before I purchased Mojo. I am relistening my music for 3 weeks now. Nonstop. I didn't know X2 can sound this good. Mojo is an incredible device. 

Feb 1, 2016 at 4:07 PM Post #10,493 of 42,765

Which country are you in?

If you're in the UK, and you're unsure whether to purchase a Mojo or not, then Phil might be able to let you hear it:

I'm from Italy. There is an official Chord reseller here but they do not offer any "Try before you Buy" options and going to their shop would be a 500km trip
tongue_smile.gif

I can try Amazon UK. Get it, try it out a couple of days and then return it. Would that work?

I used iFi iCan with Fidelio X2 before I purchased Mojo. I am relistening my music for 3 weeks now. Nonstop. I didn't know X2 can sound this good. Mojo is an incredible device. 

I hear good praises for the iCan. If it did that to your X2 maybe (I'm almost sure to be honest) it would do the same with my HP50.

Feb 1, 2016 at 4:51 PM Post #10,494 of 42,765

I'm from Italy. There is an official Chord reseller here but they do not offer any "Try before you Buy" options and going to their shop would be a 500km trip
tongue_smile.gif

I can try Amazon UK. Get it, try it out a couple of days and then return it. Would that work?

I would say try it for more than two days. I thought it took a while but not too long, for the sound to really soften and warm properly.

Feb 1, 2016 at 5:57 PM Post #10,496 of 42,765
Feb 1, 2016 at 6:59 PM Post #10,498 of 42,765
  Guys right now I'm listening to the bandcamp app. I love bandcamp, makes buying music super cheap and easy.  Anyway, they have a feature where labels, artists and fans you follow-they're album purchases or recommendations or in the case of lables-releases appear in your music feed. I've got like 300 people I follow so my feed is always updating so I just set mine to play and it will play the next song in my feed automatically with my iphone 5 screen off.  If I click a button it automatically dispalys album art, very nice.

Anyway, the most of the albums offer a track or two or more as free streaming.  Most of these are im mp3 format(guessing).  The albums can all be downloaded in flac once you pay(in most cases, some are free). Now to the point: I am astonished at the quality of these streaming mp3's on mojo and my ADEL A12's.  I just listened to Heights(never heard of this band before) - Trick of the Light.  The guitars reach high and low across the sound spectrum, the cymbals decay for a very long time, the bass guitar is tight but has a ton of authority.  Everything-especially the drums are placed in the correct place on the large soundstage.  Who thought simple streaming mp3's could sound so damn good. 

It is possible to use it connecting the phone (android) to Mojo via otg? I mean. it works like uapp?

Feb 1, 2016 at 7:28 PM Post #10,499 of 42,765
John Franks had an interesting analogy about 'burn-in', in his interview, here:

That was a very informative interview. Thanks for posting it.

I particularly liked the parts about brain burn-in and visual and audio perception. The timing comments from John ring very true with what I hear with the Mojo.

Also, the idea of the SD card add-on with a screen will be most welcomed by many. Mojo DAP!

Feb 2, 2016 at 12:27 AM Post #10,500 of 42,765
John Franks had an interesting analogy about 'burn-in', in his interview, here:

Thanks, Mython. Great interview. I love hearing the additional technical and design details trickle out, like solving a mystery (of how this unit sounds so fantastic). John mentions that Mojo uses 60 DSP cores. Rob has said Dave uses 166. The Mojo's chip has 90 cores, so others could be used for other functions besides the DAC itself. Interesting,y, the Hugo chip has 16 DSP cores. Not saying more has to be better...not saying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back