Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Dec 4, 2015 at 8:21 AM Post #6,226 of 42,765
  Hi guys, newbie here need some help. I am using the HTC one M8 phone to pair with Mojo. The phone is stock Lollipop rom 5.0, I am not getting native USB audio out when it paired with the Mojo. Basically, I need to use either Onkyo HF player or UAPP to play my songs. Even worse, I am getting random clicking or shudder noise every 1 or 2 minutes which is not there when using the headphone out. Mojo is fine with PC or MAC. So it is the problem of the phone. I wonder if anybody use M8 here? Any suggestions?

RF interference- put your phone into airplane mode and see if the dropouts disappear

Dec 4, 2015 at 8:24 AM Post #6,227 of 42,765
I had the same kind of noise when using Cypherlabs theorem 720. I guess Mojo is not shielded.

Dec 4, 2015 at 8:52 AM Post #6,228 of 42,765
  I had the same kind of noise when using Cypherlabs theorem 720. I guess Mojo is not shielded.

It's not the mojo, its likely the cable connecting the Theorem to the mojo is picking up the gsm signal from your phone. Try moving your phone away.

Dec 4, 2015 at 9:09 AM Post #6,229 of 42,765
I would also like to add to my previous review in saying that when I say the mojo is "neutral" what I really mean is warm-neutral. See my A12's are warm(without losing detail)-they have a sub bass bump to them. The mojo tames the beast a bit, makes them sound more reference. As I continue to listen to music with mojo the songs are different, especially the chaotic parts-i hear instruments I've never heard before.

Also, how much power does dimming save?

Dec 4, 2015 at 9:13 AM Post #6,230 of 42,765
  Hi guys, newbie here need some help. I am using the HTC one M8 phone to pair with Mojo. The phone is stock Lollipop rom 5.0, I am not getting native USB audio out when it paired with the Mojo. Basically, I need to use either Onkyo HF player or UAPP to play my songs. Even worse, I am getting random clicking or shudder noise every 1 or 2 minutes which is not there when using the headphone out. Mojo is fine with PC or MAC. So it is the problem of the phone. I wonder if anybody use M8 here? Any suggestions?

The same here. Its M8 fault. I have tried many players from google play, updating to Android 6.0 (it adds native USB audio for any app), rooting, factory reset, different OTG cables and problem still exists. I gave up.

Dec 4, 2015 at 9:25 AM Post #6,231 of 42,765
I would also like to add to my previous review in saying that when I say the mojo is "neutral" what I really mean is warm-neutral. See my A12's are warm(without losing detail)-they have a sub bass bump to them. The mojo tames the beast a bit, makes them sound more reference. As I continue to listen to music with mojo the songs are different, especially the chaotic parts-i hear instruments I've never heard before.

Also, how much power does dimming save?

The lights are LED's so I'm not sure dimming will save much power at all. It's more a brightness comfort feature I'd say.

Dec 4, 2015 at 9:29 AM Post #6,232 of 42,765

It's not the mojo, its likely the cable connecting the Theorem to the mojo is picking up the gsm signal from your phone. Try moving your phone away.

I'm comparing 2 set up

Phone -> Theorem -> headphone
Phone -> Mojo -> headphone

I'm saying they must have same kind of interference with phone to produce noises like that.

Can't connect Theorem to Mojo and vice versa, as both have no analog input nor digital output.

Dec 4, 2015 at 9:51 AM Post #6,233 of 42,765
If I put my hand on top of the connection between the cck and provided mojo cable, most of the RF interference stops. When I let go it comes back.

Dec 4, 2015 at 10:19 AM Post #6,236 of 42,765
  Thanks for the reply, I will try it tonight. 

If mobile signal is interfering, this should happen to all the people using mobile phone and it will kind of limit the usage of this super portable DAC.  

Which Android Smart Phones are best for lowest/zero interference (with flight mode)?
Also which work natively for USB Audio out and which need apps.
Would be good to compile a list of best android transports in this thread or a separate thread,

Dec 4, 2015 at 10:39 AM Post #6,237 of 42,765
If I put my hand on top of the connection between the cck and provided mojo cable, most of the RF interference stops. When I let go it comes back.

Mine doesn't do that in normal use but if I line the phone up right it will. I found a longer cable off the cck reduces the RF interference potential. Maybe the cck and original cable are a good length to pickup the cellular frequencies? The original cable is rather thick and cumbersome so there are several strikes against it. No need to resort to flight mode in my opinion.

Dec 4, 2015 at 11:20 AM Post #6,239 of 42,765
Rob Watts at Audio Vision in San Francisco last night.  Thanks to Audio Vision for hosting and especially to Rob for the generosity with his time at these events and on this board.  (I recommend people read his posts here and the Dave thread to get a technical background for what we are all hearing subjectively.)

And, my Mojo - Rob Watts Signature Edition

Dec 4, 2015 at 12:05 PM Post #6,240 of 42,765
Got today my custom 90° angled mono interconnect cable, really great quality and fit's perfect:

Compare with iBasso coax interconnect.

Great size and build quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back