Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Nov 9, 2015 at 8:57 PM Post #4,576 of 42,765
Can someone with an AK100ii talk about the details of the SQ difference of AK headphone out (balanced or SE) vs. optical out to the Mojo. I'm sure the Mojo is louder, but I am more concerned about the detail retrieval, dynamics, sound stage, musicality, low volume performance, tonal qualities, and signature differences.

I love my AK100ii balanced to my Hidition NT6pros, but the pros can scale higher with a better system and I don't want to be tied to my desktop. Am I splitting hairs, or is there a significant improvement with the Mojo with CIEMs or easy to drive HPs. Or is it just a signature change with the same level of performance?

Anyone?

Nov 9, 2015 at 9:05 PM Post #4,577 of 42,765
  Code:
Code:

I'd say that it was a comparable temperature to hot tap water; not boiling, but plenty hot enough to burn if you keep your hand in it.

I took the fact that the Mojo switched off as a positive, though, given that is what it's designed to do. It switched back on again after cooling down for a few minutes.

It turned itself off again now. The temperature was quite warm, but certainly not hot enough that I couldn't keep my hand on it easily for extended period

Nov 9, 2015 at 9:20 PM Post #4,579 of 42,765

It turned itself off again now. The temperature was quite warm, but certainly not hot enough that I couldn't keep my hand on it easily for extended period

Is it also charging or just playing?

Nov 9, 2015 at 9:30 PM Post #4,580 of 42,765
I have noticed that when the mojo is cold and I switch songs or press pause there will be a load pop through my headphones. When it's warmed up there is no pop.

I'm using mine from a PC running Jriver and it hasn't done anything like that. Does it behave the same way with your various DAPs? Just wondering if it might be the source causing it rather than the Mojo...

Nov 9, 2015 at 9:33 PM Post #4,581 of 42,765
  Is it also charging or just playing?

It's charging and playing same time - it's almost certainly heat related I think, only that I was expecting lot more heat to be generated before the kill switch.

Nov 9, 2015 at 9:39 PM Post #4,582 of 42,765
  one of my balls is scratched :frowning2: they don't get too warm though, I keep them well ventilated

can we move beyond the "____" jokes. 
frown.gif

Nov 9, 2015 at 9:42 PM Post #4,584 of 42,765

can we move beyond the "____" jokes. 
frown.gif

Sorry had to get it out of my system, i'm good now..
seriously though, they do get scratched easily, mine has a hairline crack going deep inside it when i took it out of the box.. don't think I'm too bothered though

Nov 9, 2015 at 9:44 PM Post #4,585 of 42,765
I have played (and charged) the Mojo and ak100 mk2 every night until I felt asleep but never got that kind of problem (switched off itself?)

Depends which headphones you used perhaps? It happened with my Oppo PM3s, fairly loud volume

Nov 9, 2015 at 9:49 PM Post #4,586 of 42,765
I'm using mine from a PC running Jriver and it hasn't done anything like that. Does it behave the same way with your various DAPs? Just wondering if it might be the source causing it rather than the Mojo...

Is yours plugged in all the time? If so it would be warm. This could be just the one I have. I've used it with the DX90 and X5, I don't recall with the X5, I will check tomorrow. I do recall earlier in the thread someone commented on popping sound.

Nov 9, 2015 at 10:05 PM Post #4,588 of 42,765
Is yours plugged in all the time? If so it would be warm. This could be just the one I have. I've used it with the DX90 and X5, I don't recall with the X5, I will check tomorrow. I do recall earlier in the thread someone commented on popping sound.

Plugged in to laptop and not charging, but switched off unless it's being used.

I'll try and remember to test it tomorrow with both the laptop and iPhone.

Edit: tested with iPhone and no popping sounds.

Nov 9, 2015 at 10:35 PM Post #4,589 of 42,765
  Seems like the short distance means this is specifically tailored for AK100 - Mojo connection? 

For example, this will not work for AK120ii - Mojo given the size difference and longer distance between the respective ports? 

It works with the DX80, the AK100 and the AK100II. These are what I have at hand and the distance and placement of the optical out is the same on all three. What is the measurement center to center (toslink/mini optical) for the AK120II to the Mojo? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back