Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Nov 9, 2015 at 5:21 PM Post #4,561 of 42,765

I only have a couple of hours on both the Geek Out V2 and the Mojo driving a pair of HD800.  My *very* preliminary conclusion Hugo > Mojo > GOV2... but this could change. First, I used the GOV2 single ended. Logic (and reviews) suggest that it's much better running balanced.  I will be able to do this later this week once I make a converter cable.  Second,  I wasn't listening to them back to back though both were compared to a HiFi-M8. In the next couple of weeks I will do a head to head between the GOV2 balanced and Mojo driving HD800 and Westone 5ES.

--mark

thanks. 

Nov 9, 2015 at 5:21 PM Post #4,562 of 42,765
  I ordered from Moon Audio but they were back ordered for two weeks and TTVJ had it available today (with few extras) so placed an order with Todd. Should ship out later today.
I guess I got lucky. 

Thanks @sling5s!  After seeing your post I picked up the phone, Todd answered, ordered, and my Mojo will be shipped tomorrow!  I'm sure Moon Audio will have no problem selling the unit I ordered two weeks ago.

Nov 9, 2015 at 5:22 PM Post #4,563 of 42,765

Thanks @sling5s!  After seeing your post I picked up the phone, Todd answered, ordered, and my Mojo will be shipped tomorrow!  I'm sure Moon Audio will have no problem selling the unit I ordered two weeks ago.

My pleasure. No wait is always a good thing. 

Nov 9, 2015 at 5:31 PM Post #4,565 of 42,765
  I ordered from Moon Audio but they were back ordered for two weeks and TTVJ had it available today (with few extras) so placed an order with Todd. Should ship out later today.
I guess I got lucky. 

Thanks for the  tip!

I just called, got Todd's last in-stock unit, which I'll have on Wednesday!

Can't wait to see how it pairs with my various cans and how it stands up next to the RSA Intruder and ALO Audio Int+ OE ...

Nov 9, 2015 at 6:12 PM Post #4,566 of 42,765
  I read, someone got the standard usb-c to micro-usb cable on amazon to work. I will quote the post, when I find it.

Edit: Found it. Discussion started around Post# 4263

Thank you. My Mojo arrived starting to charge.

Nov 9, 2015 at 6:34 PM Post #4,567 of 42,765

I guess I got lucky. 

Thanks for the  tip!

I just called, got Todd's last in-stock unit, which I'll have on Wednesday!

Can't wait to see how it pairs with my various cans and how it stands up next to the RSA Intruder and ALO Audio Int+ OE ...

We have a the Seattle Head-Fi meet coming up on 12/6 - I know a number of us would be grateful if you showed up to show off your new Mojo with your RSA Intruder and ALO Audio Int+. 
smile_phones.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/t/786850/seattle-meet-12-6-15#post_12062832

Congratulations on your new toy.

Nov 9, 2015 at 7:25 PM Post #4,568 of 42,765
I have worked with a LOT of retail businesses and I don't think I've ever seen a retailer expect to get a demo unit from a manufacturer! At a large UK electrical company we had hundreds of computers and laptops taken out of sellable store know for demo purposes at any point in time.

EDIT - if you do buy from a UK retailer you will have a return period if you don't like it, I think that the rules are pretty similar for all of Europe too, maybe try that route?

If you buy face to face you have no legal right to a return if if you don't like it. Many customer friendly retailers do offer a refund if you have not opened the box but very few offer a refund if you have been using the product.

However if you buy using the Internet or by phone then EU law gives you a right to return a product for any reason as long as you tell the retailer by email or letter within 14 days of receiving the item. You are allowed to break any seals on the packaging and to have used the product. There are some exceptions under law but hifi equipment is not one of them. Do this too often though and a retailer may decide to close your account.

An interesting twist in EU law is that the Internet seller has to tell you on their website about these return rights. If they don't then the legal return period extends (to 12 months I think) to encourage the dealer to get things right.

Ian

Nov 9, 2015 at 7:31 PM Post #4,569 of 42,765
Nov 9, 2015 at 7:50 PM Post #4,570 of 42,765
My Mojo just decided to switch off by itself whilst charging and playing music on my headphones (Oppo PM3).. it is getting a little warm but not at the level I expect it to turn off.  anyone experienced this?

Nov 9, 2015 at 8:08 PM Post #4,571 of 42,765
Nov 9, 2015 at 8:09 PM Post #4,572 of 42,765
My Mojo just decided to switch off by itself whilst charging and playing music on my headphones (Oppo PM3).. it is getting a little warm but not at the level I expect it to turn off.  anyone experienced this?

I've had mine turn off like this but it had got quite hot. Not too hot to touch, but certainly too hot to keep your hand on it. This was also while playing and charging.

Nov 9, 2015 at 8:33 PM Post #4,573 of 42,765

I've had mine turn off like this but it had got quite hot. Not too hot to touch, but certainly too hot to keep your hand on it. This was also while playing and charging.

I'm sure you've seen the following posts from JF.

I'm not posting them so much by way of causative explanation (it may or may not be the actual reason for what you experienced), but more by way of reassurance:

JF here thought I'd just chime in here the battery is perfectly safe right up to 160 degrees Centigrade we had it made that way and its costs more than other batteries. The case of the mojo when it's charging has to shed about 1. 7 watts of heat it can only do that by radiating it away or convecting it away. If it's in a warm environment or it can't covect its heat away it's temperature will rise until there is a sufficient temperature differential to shed its heat. It's perfectly safe we have three indepentdant thermal temperature safety shut down method in mojo so please don't worry we know what we are doing. Remember a really hot cup of tea is usually only about 60 degrees C.

JF Mojos multiple DSP cores and all other circuitry develop 1.7 Watts of heat when running this heat it dissipated from Mojos case through convection and heat radiating away. This can only happen when the Mojo cases temperature is a few degrees above the ambient temperature so it will feel warm in a high ambient environment. This is normal and totally safe as there are three separate and independent thermal sensing and protection circuits to look after Mojo and Mojos special battery.

Nov 9, 2015 at 8:45 PM Post #4,574 of 42,765
Code:
I'm sure you've seen the following posts from JF.

I'm not posting them so much by way of causative explanation (it may or may not be the actual reason for what you experienced), but more by way of reassurance:

I'd say that it was a comparable temperature to hot tap water; not boiling, but plenty hot enough to burn if you keep your hand in it.

I took the fact that the Mojo switched off as a positive, though, given that is what it's designed to do. It switched back on again after cooling down for a few minutes.

Nov 9, 2015 at 8:46 PM Post #4,575 of 42,765
  If you want a close fit, here is a an optical from Sys concept they are working on. The optical cable is epoxied into place but you can never pull on the cable to remove it.  You have to remove the toslink a little and then the mini end and back and forth and keep the Mojo and whatever source you are using, stable but it works well and is almost like having no connection as there is little protrusion. 

Seems like the short distance means this is specifically tailored for AK100 - Mojo connection? 

For example, this will not work for AK120ii - Mojo given the size difference and longer distance between the respective ports? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back