Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 29, 2015 at 7:07 AM Post #2,927 of 42,765
I am certain by the time Mojo batteries dies 90% of us are already busy with new toys CHORD has released, having said that the battery inside Mojo is plug and play. So it will not be hard to replace it.

Oct 29, 2015 at 7:09 AM Post #2,928 of 42,765
There were some comments about lithium polymer (LP) batteries on here a few days ago. The life of an LP is totally controlled/limited by the charging and monitoring electronics.  If done well you might get 5 years of life, but this will still be largely governed by the number and type charge/discharge cycles.  10 years is not (currently) possible.  I understand that the Mojo has a 1 year battery guarantee.  BTW I work for the larger LP manufacturer.

Thank you for your information, if that's the case why Chord didn't go with lithium ion battery?
Knowing them and being invited at their factory I've seen it and believe they use only the best components in their products always.

Oct 29, 2015 at 7:12 AM Post #2,929 of 42,765
  I just carried a quick amp test and my results are as follows:

Portaphile 627x: Sadly this amp proves to be the worst offender. Mojo has out classed this amp by a large margin. 
Meir Audio quickstep: This amp did not alter the sound but to me there is no point in pairing it with quickstep as Mojo alone offers far more volume than paired with quickstep.
Wagnus Epsilon S: Expanded the soundstage which was nice but like the other amp the amp section is just nowhere as powerful as Mojo. I felt transparency also took a hit.
Analg2paper TR-07hp: This was the best pairing of the lot. Like other amps the transparency took a hit but the added bonus was the bass had a nicer reverb. To my ears the bass become extended the the decay was a lot more natural. The mid-bass to my ears was reduced and sub-bass become a little more prominent. 

Summary: Add an amp if you like to color the sound and play around with the tuning, I see no real value in adding amp. So far I dont have any amp that is as powerful as mojo. 

Or just use the EQ and prevent your stack from growing tall.

Oct 29, 2015 at 7:28 AM Post #2,930 of 42,765
Thank you for your information, if that's the case why Chord didn't go with lithium ion battery?
Knowing them and being invited at their factory I've seen it and believe they use only the best components in their products always.

Apology -   lithium polymer (LP)  battery is strictly called a lithium-ion polymer battery - it is the best to use in this application.  There are lots of other lithium batteries including:

lithium cobalt oxide (LiCoO)
lithium iron phosphate (LiFePO4),
lithium manganese oxide (LMO)
lithium nickel manganese cobalt oxide (NMC)
lithium nickel cobalt aluminum oxide (NCA)
lithium titanate (LTO)
lithium sulphur (li-S)

Lithium Sulphur are likely to take over from LPs in the future since they have good density and a high cycle rate (2000)

Oct 29, 2015 at 8:28 AM Post #2,933 of 42,765
I dun really bother to buy a used Ak100 just to perfect stack with Mojo but I can understand why many do that.
For me, this combo just rocks even my non audiophile friends agreed after they tried it.

HNzRCbA.jpg

Oct 29, 2015 at 8:42 AM Post #2,935 of 42,765
What are the main differences of the Headphone out between the AK240 and Mojo? Are they close or is the Mojo way better? (in what way?)

Mojo is way more musical and enjoyable than ak240. :innocent:

Oct 29, 2015 at 8:47 AM Post #2,937 of 42,765
Too bad the Clip cant be connected to mojo.

Oct 29, 2015 at 9:02 AM Post #2,940 of 42,765
Can't believe how good the humble Aurisonics Rockets sound out of Mojo. Best £399 I ever spent.

Almost every headphone or iems I tried sounds great on the Mojo!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back