Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 15, 2015 at 4:42 PM Post #379 of 42,773
No matter how good the Mojo is supposed to be internally vs. price point, and seriously considering buying it,
I can not (and will probably never) feel any love for it's shouty "Beam me up, Scotty!!!" exterior.

Why not mold the exterior along the lines of f.e. Sony PHA-1A, so that the Mojo would expose the class it likely deserves.

I know, house style and so on, but still... ugly.

Oct 15, 2015 at 4:46 PM Post #381 of 42,773
  No matter how good the Mojo is supposed to be internally vs. price point, and seriously considering buying it,
I can not (and will probably never) feel any love for it's shouty "Beam me up, Scotty!!!" exterior.

Why not mold the exterior along the lines of f.e. Sony PHA-1A, so that the Mojo would expose the class it likely deserves.

I know, house style and so on, but still... ugly.

I find it unique and cute.

Oct 15, 2015 at 4:56 PM Post #382 of 42,773
  The impression so far say that it has 70% of the SQ of the Hugo which is quite a big margin in audio terms. I think that puts it within the range of the Geekout which is much cheaper. Hopefully there will be more comparisons with other dac/amps. 

Whew what a relief , I thought it sound better than hugo, but 70 % of SQ of hugo not bad for the baby MoJo.
I swear I'm about to sell hugo and go to R2r dac and never come back to delta sigma chip again .
I just read a review about total dac some component cost 2000 $ .
And many Audiophile said that Yggy ( natural and better texture ) is better than hugo TT ( smooth ). Take it from the professional friend not from the hype  .
Cya guys and good luck with your  MOJO.

Oct 15, 2015 at 5:27 PM Post #383 of 42,773
  Whew what a relief , I thought it sound better than hugo, but 70 % of SQ of hugo not bad for the baby MoJo.
I swear I'm about to sell hugo and go to 2r2 dac and never come back to delta sigma chip again .
And many Audiophile said that Yggy ( natural and better texture ) is better than hugo TT ( smooth ). Take it from the professional friend not from the hype  .

Chord Hugo (and TT)'s FPGA implementation of DAC is closer to R2R or Delta-Sigma?       I thought it is kinda R2R, not true?

Oct 15, 2015 at 5:32 PM Post #386 of 42,773
I am out as well, I thought if Mojo did have aux in, then I would be interested, but it was purely made for smartphones. Good luck guys, and enjoy your Mojo Dojo

No aux in, so it's meant to be used as at a least a DAC if not a DAC/amp. And while it can work straight from a smartphone it can also accept digital signals from anything with a USB, optical or coax output. Pretty versatile IMO. Cheers

Oct 15, 2015 at 5:33 PM Post #387 of 42,773
I swear I'm about to sell hugo and go to 2r2 dac and never come back to delta sigma chip again .

Because one person stated this does not make it so and with all of this, it is someone's opinion. It seems you have something else going on here. 

Oct 15, 2015 at 5:35 PM Post #388 of 42,773
I am out as well, I thought if Mojo did have aux in, then I would be interested, but it was purely made for smartphones. Good luck guys, and enjoy your Mojo Dojo

It has an optical, coax and USB input. What you say makes no sense. It is a dac/amp. 

Oct 15, 2015 at 5:43 PM Post #390 of 42,773

Don't count this out by all means.  This is a very good sounding DAC/AMP combination and I have both the ZX2 & PHA3.  I will to do some more listening before I can post more impressions.  It is a clear step up than the headphone out put of the ZX2 for sure especially for harder to drive phones.  It drives the HE-1000 really well for something this small.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back