Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Mar 27, 2016 at 5:33 AM Post #14,566 of 42,765
Anyone having issues with short battery life ? I'm sure the one I have here is doing less than 5 hours with IEMs.
I'm guessing that your IEMs are of some of the very best Many of these IEMs have very low impedances of just eight or sixteen ohms. This being the case with these difficult to drive types the output stage of Mojo is using more current therefore the battery playing time will be somewhat reduced.

Mar 27, 2016 at 5:38 AM Post #14,567 of 42,765
What's not good with it? I have used the same cable since my FiiO E18 time.
try to listen the same song using this usb cable and another usb cable like amazon basics or monoprice...u can listen a clear difference in sound quality ..

Mar 27, 2016 at 5:41 AM Post #14,568 of 42,765
I love the mojo so much I just bought a second one after having to pawn my first one to cover some unexpected expenses that were a little more pressing than a hobby.

After a few days over the long weekend of busy family activities it's nice to just relax and listen to some music. Currently just iPhone as waiting on delivery of mojo. But it's great to just wind down with a scotch some music and of course the mandatory baby monitor.

Mar 27, 2016 at 5:47 AM Post #14,569 of 42,765
try to listen the same song using this usb cable and another usb cable like amazon basics or monoprice...u can listen a clear difference in sound quality ..

Right, I will try with other cables later.

Mar 27, 2016 at 6:05 AM Post #14,570 of 42,765

I am going to say bah. You are talking about a noticeable sound improvement going from one $6 cable to another. 

Mar 27, 2016 at 6:21 AM Post #14,571 of 42,765

I am going to say bah. You are talking about a noticeable sound improvement going from one $6 cable to another. 
yes and that other cable of mine is $4 which is less than $6 ...so its not about the price always :)

Mar 27, 2016 at 6:48 AM Post #14,572 of 42,765
  Anyone having issues with short battery life ? I'm sure the one I have here is doing less than 5 hours with IEMs.

I'm guessing that your IEMs are of some of the very best Many of these IEMs have very low impedances of just eight or sixteen ohms. This being the case with these difficult to drive types the output stage of Mojo is using more current therefore the battery playing time will be somewhat reduced.

my 12 year old Shure E5Cs are high impedance (110 ohm) and high sensitivity (122dB), so I don't have to run the volume all the way to the bottom or have to overdrive any dac/amp I have had them connected to. and as far as my ears can tell, the noise floor is lower with Mojo  than my last combo. battery is well within spec while listening to many different audio formats as well. My wallet thanks you Chord Electronics, cause even though Mojo is $600 US I wont need to cycle through multiple systems trying to find an adequate mobile solution

Mar 27, 2016 at 6:52 AM Post #14,573 of 42,765

yes and that other cable of mine is $4 which is less than $6 ...so its not about the price always
smily_headphones1.gif

Your left sock is 6% more comfortable than your right sock. And you can tell. :)

Mar 27, 2016 at 6:58 AM Post #14,574 of 42,765

yes and that other cable of mine is $4 which is less than $6 ...so its not about the price always :)

Your left sock is 6% more comfortable than your right sock. And you can tell. :)
lol,,

just try to listen one of ur favourite song using this cable and with another normal usb cable plus otg..

u urself can hear the difference...

Mar 27, 2016 at 7:37 AM Post #14,575 of 42,765
This is what I was alluding to early in the the thread with that Norah Jones track. I'd hear something that just sounded clear and natural in the recording I haven't noticed before and I'd think "that's nice, don't recall that". I'd go and A/B with other gear and sure enough I could hear the same thing, but more like "is it there? Oh, yeah, there it is". It's the effortlessness with Mojo that I really appreciate.

I had a similar moment one of the first times I listened through the Mojo. Listening to one of my favourite songs I noticed  a faint sort of clicking sound in the background. I immediately thought there was something wrong with the playback or the Mojo itself. Further "investigation" proved it was actually the pick attack from the guitar player hitting the strings of his acoustic guitar. I have listened to this song a 100 times throughout the years but never noticed this. Got to love moments like that:)

Mar 27, 2016 at 8:18 AM Post #14,576 of 42,765
Whilst they couldn't call themselves Yes at the time, this was the best Yes line-up. I saw them a little while after when both versions of Yes got together at Wembley - great concert...

Was there too, Wembley Arena in the round:smiley: With a revolving stage if my memories correct! RIP Chris Squire.

Mar 27, 2016 at 8:45 AM Post #14,577 of 42,765
Laying in bed, damn, those mojo lights are bright. Even when dimmed.

Been listening but doing too much abing... So hard not to, I'm listening and I hear things I normally don't. I immediately switch back to my phone, rewind and listen again... Then I hear it. Weird thing is, I've never noticed it before. Not sure if it's because I'm focusing more and listening more intently. Weird thing this little black box.

No, this is a typical response.  

As you go back and forth, the Mojo brought out the sound and you learn to hear it.  

Now...

highlight the exact thing you heard on Mojo, and compare it to what you now hear on iPhone and compare the difference.   

We've been doing this for awhile and have found that some things are just so recessed without mojo that it was not heard, but once recognized and heard, it is still quite recessed compared to the beauty of Mojo.  

We've been having fun doing this very thing, including something similar with Tidal and iTunes.  

Mar 27, 2016 at 8:51 AM Post #14,578 of 42,765
Does "sell your coat..."
Mean that I ought to dump my other equipment because my Mojo is that good?

What is a Spurgeon? (Please be kind)

When I was a young man of 24, with two kids and two jobs, my mentor wisely advised me:

"Sell your coat and buy Spurgeon."

I was glad I did.  

Different setting, topic and era, but in telling my grown kids who love music about what we are experiencing, I give them pretty much the same advice.  

"Use eBay, sell your stuff, and buy Mojo."  

They won't regret it, and it will save me a small fortune Christmas 2016.  :)

Mar 27, 2016 at 8:52 AM Post #14,579 of 42,765

I had a similar moment one of the first times I listened through the Mojo. Listening to one of my favourite songs I noticed  a faint sort of clicking sound in the background. I immediately thought there was something wrong with the playback or the Mojo itself. Further "investigation" proved it was actually the pick attack from the guitar player hitting the strings of his acoustic guitar. I have listened to this song a 100 times throughout the years but never noticed this. Got to love moments like that:)

It would be fun to hear this (which is why I posted "Mojo's Greatest Hits", so if you could put the artist, album track and even the time you heard this, it would be a blast to follow up.  

As to battery life, I do find reduced life if left standing, though my portable time is not much.  I use it as full time desk dac/amp but when going for a walk or hike, Mojo comes with me.  Some mobile listening is with 600 ohm, but most is with much lower resistance in ears.  

Mar 27, 2016 at 8:59 AM Post #14,580 of 42,765
Does "sell your coat..."
Mean that I ought to dump my other equipment because my Mojo is that good?

What is a Spurgeon? (Please be kind)

Charles Haddon Spurgeon, mid 1800's, UK preacher.  

His sermons were collected in large multivolume books "The Metropolitan Pulpit" (more than 50 volumes) which I really did sell items to purchase back in the day where we turned pages! 

They are both educational and inspirational and a 'watershed' moment of learning for me. All these years later, I still turn to him for counsel in an uncertain and sometimes frightening world.

There have been a few other things in life, so valuable, that they are worth selling things to obtain. 

I feel strongly that the Mojo's permission to hear definition and musicality is one such purchase that no music aficionado should miss.  Many are intimidated by audiophile prices and even terminology and think audiophiles buy music to listen to their gear.  Mojo is high end gear for the music lover. 

Enjoy.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back