Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Mar 27, 2016 at 2:52 AM Post #14,551 of 42,765
Laying in bed, damn, those mojo lights are bright. Even when dimmed.

Been listening but doing too much abing... So hard not to, I'm listening and I hear things I normally don't. I immediately switch back to my phone, rewind and listen again... Then I hear it. Weird thing is, I've never noticed it before. Not sure if it's because I'm focusing more and listening more intently. Weird thing this little black box.

What IEM are u using with the Mojo?

Mar 27, 2016 at 2:56 AM Post #14,552 of 42,765

Been letting it charge overnight until the light is off. I need to write down total usage time after a full charge.

Lohb, if it's any help, I have noticed that if you leave some time between usage, say a day or two, it has an effect on the total play time. I lose some where between an hour to 3 or 4 hours of play time if there's a gap from when I use the device. An example below:

Day 1: Full charge. Play 2 hours
Day 2: Play 2 hours
Day 3: Rest
Day 4: Play 2 hours. Red light appears

or

Day 1: Full charge. Play an hour
Day 2: Rest (weekend)
Day 3: Rest (weekend)
Day 4: Play 2 hours
Day 5: Play 2 hours. Sudden cut off due to flat battery

The scenarios above are an approximate of my own experiences. If it's used continuously on a daily basis, I get the approximate 8 hours of play time.
YMMV but I do believe that the discharge rate varies and somehow increases after the first use. This is only my impression. Thank you for reading.

Mar 27, 2016 at 3:04 AM Post #14,554 of 42,765

Been listening but doing too much abing... So hard not to, I'm listening and I hear things I normally don't. I immediately switch back to my phone, rewind and listen again... Then I hear it. Weird thing is, I've never noticed it before. Not sure if it's because I'm focusing more and listening more intently. Weird thing this little black box.

Warrior, what you're experiencing with the details isn't weird at all. This is all due to the way Mojo extracts and presents the details in the recordings. The details have always been there but because the other DACs don't present it seamlessly during playback, that's when they are lost in the background or overshadowed by the vocals or other instruments.
I have experienced the exact same moments with songs that I thought I was fairly familiar with and then "huh?"or "eh?" or "wow!". I then swap back my standard player sans Mojo and the details are there, just quieter or muddy or drowned in the background. You're also listening for those details in the other playback whilst you can just sit back and enjoy the music from the Mojo. That there is the key differentiator to me. The Mojo allows me grasp all these details and yet presents it in such a way that it's effortless and I'm more concerned with enjoying the music rather than just listening.
Of course not everyone may share my opinion and which is why YMMV :)

Mar 27, 2016 at 3:07 AM Post #14,555 of 42,765

This is what I was alluding to early in the the thread with that Norah Jones track. I'd hear something that just sounded clear and natural in the recording I haven't noticed before and I'd think "that's nice, don't recall that". I'd go and A/B with other gear and sure enough I could hear the same thing, but more like "is it there? Oh, yeah, there it is". It's the effortlessness with Mojo that I really appreciate.

Mar 27, 2016 at 3:09 AM Post #14,557 of 42,765
See what's weird for me is that they sound so damn close, but how did I miss them before mojo? I just think the little black box is different. I can't explain it yet.

Rob has some extremely informative posts on the 'why'.

Mar 27, 2016 at 3:19 AM Post #14,558 of 42,765
Relic Yes, I know I've read his responses many times. Just different hearing it for yourself. Plus, I really didn't think I'd hear them with the same detail on my phone, they just seem to, I don't know how to explain it, but are more obvious. After I realize they are there I realize on my phone, without the Mojo how obvious that it was.

It's really mind boggling. I'm going to attempt to stop abing for now and enjoy the Mojo for a few days, then switch back like others have suggested.

That first sentence, I didn't mean it harshly, if it came off like that, I apologize.

Mar 27, 2016 at 3:29 AM Post #14,559 of 42,765
I finally ordered my Chord Mojo and should get the delivery by Wednesday next week. I am looking forward to using them with my Brand New Hd-800 for now.

Mar 27, 2016 at 3:33 AM Post #14,560 of 42,765
No worries warrior1975, I also find it uncanny. I've gone back to other gear and also hear the same details, but there's the addictive nature of the Mojo that keeps calling me. I especially love reading posts where others have demo'd the Mojo and can't wait to get their Mojo fix again.

Mar 27, 2016 at 3:47 AM Post #14,562 of 42,765
No worries @warrior1975, I also find it uncanny. I've gone back to other gear and also hear the same details, but there's the addictive nature of the Mojo that keeps calling me. I especially love reading posts where others have demo'd the Mojo and can't wait to get their Mojo fix again.

In fact I agree with you. Ever since I ordered my mojo, a friend of wants to review it first and then order it.

Mar 27, 2016 at 5:03 AM Post #14,563 of 42,765
Got my USB B to USB B OTG Cable today for my Samsung S4.
I went ahead and splurged and paid the $7.99 for UAPP, it seems swell.
I wish it was more like $7.29 but what the heck.

I bought this cable: 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/301669713346?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

It seems a little stout, but sadly it was almost $6.00. Such an expensive hobby.
The S4 Mojo combo sounds swell.
I can't say if it sounds better than the X5 or X3 driving the Mojo. But it sounds fine.

Mar 27, 2016 at 5:21 AM Post #14,564 of 42,765
Got my USB B to USB B OTG Cable today for my Samsung S4.
I went ahead and splurged and paid the $7.99 for UAPP, it seems swell.
I wish it was more like $7.29 but what the heck.

I bought this cable: 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/301669713346?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

It seems a little stout, but sadly it was almost $6.00. Such an expensive hobby.
The S4 Mojo combo sounds swell.
I can't say if it sounds better than the X5 or X3 driving the Mojo. But it sounds fine.
i got this same cable from aliexpress, but the quality is not gud.

my amazon basics cable plus otg adaptor has far betyer quality than this cable.

i used only 2/3 times with this cable

Mar 27, 2016 at 5:26 AM Post #14,565 of 42,765
What's not good with it? I have used the same cable since my FiiO E18 time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back