Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Mar 27, 2016 at 4:27 PM Post #14,596 of 42,765
So who makes a quality angles micro to micro otg at a reasonable price, under $50?

Gonna get the one from eBay but want some nice cables

I'll just leave this here

http://www.cnet.com/uk/news/when-are-expensive-cables-worth-it/

Mar 27, 2016 at 4:44 PM Post #14,597 of 42,765

Sure thing! It´s a Swedish indie/rock band named "Kent" and the song is called "999". They are widely considered to be Scandinavia´s biggest band during the last decades. They are both on Tidal and Spotify.
The acoustic pick attack is quite noticeable in the background already from the beginning of the song. Just did some A/B-ing with and without the Mojo now (straight into my Macbook Air) and now the acoustic guitar is easy to hear with both. But cool thing is I have listended to this song an endless number of times and never noticed until now with the Mojo. What a sweet feeling (although pretty anal ha ha).
After spending a lot of time with my Mojo the last few weeks I feel it´s easy to sum it up like this: Listening to my favourite music through my idevices or my AK100 sounds good but really like listening to a device. Listening through the Mojo sounds like just listening directly to the music. More like being in a very dynamic live situation. If that made any sense at all. And it´s true what many of you say that this "phenomenon" really grows on you the more you listen.
And by the way I´m mostly using Shure SE846.

Awesome.  Not only do I get to hear what you hear, but I get exposed to music I am unfamiliar with and can access through Tidal and see what Mojo says about it!   Added to the thread, "Mojo's Greatest Hits" (volume one, the early years, to be followed by "Mojo II, the Return of Mojo, "Mojo Comes Alive" and "Mojo:  the Prequel." )

Mar 27, 2016 at 4:49 PM Post #14,599 of 42,765

I'll just leave this here

http://www.cnet.com/uk/news/when-are-expensive-cables-worth-it/

Thanks, I'll consider it. 

Healthy scientific scrutiny is good for knowledge.  

I contend, contrary to some articles with A/B testing,  that I am learning to recognize high def music via Mojo.  I was no better than 50/50 guess work pre Mojo.  No more.  

I like the scrutiny and testing.  Anything worth learning is worth the challenge.  

Mar 27, 2016 at 5:39 PM Post #14,602 of 42,765
Hey guys, ive seen it mentioned but I cant find it, im not sure post 3 covers this either. Im using the mojo with my s6 edge plus, all my music files doesnt show a different colour on the mojo even though some are 256, 320, etc. Does this hold the mojo back from sounding as good as it should? I've only been able to test it for half hour, earlier after work. How do I get it to scale with the different files? I just want to make sure I'm getting the most out of it, cheers

Mojo LED's indicates Sample Frequency in KHz from 44 up to 768 KHz and DSD but anything below 44.1 will show as Red regardless, ie all your MP3 and AAC files.

Mar 27, 2016 at 5:39 PM Post #14,603 of 42,765
Hey guys, ive seen it mentioned but I cant find it, im not sure post 3 covers this either. Im using the mojo with my s6 edge plus, all my music files doesnt show a different colour on the mojo even though some are 256, 320, etc. Does this hold the mojo back from sounding as good as it should? I've only been able to test it for half hour, earlier after work. How do I get it to scale with the different files? I just want to make sure I'm getting the most out of it, cheers

We just went through several pages regarding android upsampling and the need for uapp. Please look back, search for uapp.

Mar 27, 2016 at 5:40 PM Post #14,604 of 42,765

256kbps and 320kbps relates to the data rate, not the sample frequency or bit depth. Generally, both 256kbps and 320kbps files are 16 bit 44.1khz mp3 files, and hence, Mojo will correctly have a red LED in both cases, or if you are using an Android phone, Android will automatically upsample every music file to 24/192, which you do not want, and which would result in Mojo showing a different colour LED (dark blue):

With that said, I will just add that, especially if you obtain some high-res files (16 bit 48khz, 24bit 48khz, 24bit 96khz, 24bit 192khz, or DSD, etc.), you will need to use a program like USB Audio Player Pro (also known as 'UAPP') to bypass Androids propensity to automatically upsample ALL music files to 24bit 192khz, which is not a good thing - basically, you would want UAPP to help you feed a so-called 'bit-perfect' data stream to Mojo, and not allow Android to interfere with the data stream in any way.

Mar 27, 2016 at 5:45 PM Post #14,606 of 42,765
@Mython, do we have a section on uapp and android upsampling? Topic is becoming like a bad gi bug....

To some degree, but not as good as it should be - I'm going to add the above, and, when I eventually get around to reworking all of post #3, I'll add some detailed info.

Mar 27, 2016 at 5:48 PM Post #14,607 of 42,765
To some degree, but not as good as it should be - I'm going to add the above, and, when I eventually get around to reworking all of post #3, I'll add some detailed info.

Careful,keep this up and they might slap you as a contributor:p

Mar 27, 2016 at 5:49 PM Post #14,608 of 42,765
We just went through several pages regarding android upsampling and the need for uapp. Please look back, search for uapp.

Ive got one for the Mojo believe or not file...

My Surface 3 LTE is an awesome transport for DSD files to Mojo. Although not as portable as most  DAP / Mojo combos, I am listening to double DSD (5.8 MHz) recordings that are being run through a USB 3.0 hub into Foobar 2000 and back out the same hub to Mojo and the sound produced is far better then when I run the same files on my Nvidia Shield (android) Tablet out to Mojo via OTG

Shield = stutter and veiled sound
Surface 3 = no stutter and clarity and resolution befitting the DSD format.

btw... HD 650s are the end of the chain on both systems

and that concludes todays Mojo believe it or not

Users who are viewing this thread

Back