Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jan 31, 2016 at 11:04 AM Post #10,381 of 42,765
Update on the discussion about the Mojo making random clicks/pops. I think before it was reported some people had it with HD-audio, and quality ferrite shielded cables I think fixed it.

I noticed it a while ago, changed cables with other 'cheap' cables and thought it was reduced. Then last night I was listening and it was doing it more. Then it struck me it was with the same album that was doing it before. Whereas other albums were not doing it as much.

It means the issue could be with the rip, or the album, the cable, or the Mojo. The album I have most clicks with is Katie Melua - Call off the Search.

I did however have no issue with this album with my Meridian Explorer. I think I can rule out the ME not being sensitive enough to pick up the clicks. Therefor I think it rules out the rip and the album. I will listen to the album again on the Meridian Explorer just to be 100% sure.

Jan 31, 2016 at 11:16 AM Post #10,384 of 42,765
Is the mojo suppose to click when you turn it on and click when you turn it off. Sounds like a switch. Is this normal?

Mine does that too.  I have a feeling it's normal.  On another note, I was a bit surprised that the power and volume buttons are actually 'balls.' 

:)

Jan 31, 2016 at 11:42 AM Post #10,387 of 42,765
Is this derGabe? For me it was before xmas, no comms lately at all. I have made my own cable now. It's good,
I'm not very happy about being scammed to be honest, if only for a small sum. He was still posting on here a few days back.
I think I paypal gifted it as well, Bit stupid.

There's my home made 75ohm coax cable for DX50-Mojo

Jan 31, 2016 at 11:43 AM Post #10,388 of 42,765
Does anyone have a problem with accidentally pressing the balls when the Mojo is ins bag or pocket?

If I keep it in a pocket near the balls then yes, but generally I keep it in my coat pocket. :grinning:

Jan 31, 2016 at 12:07 PM Post #10,389 of 42,765
Guys, noob question, is there a big difference what you use as transport? I have an old LG G3. Was plan on running USB OTG to feed the Mojo when I get it. I see many headfiers use high end DAPs line AK120 etc as transport.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Jan 31, 2016 at 12:12 PM Post #10,390 of 42,765
Guys, noob question, is there a big difference what you use as transport? I have an old LG G3. Was plan on running USB OTG to feed the Mojo when I get it. I see many headfiers use high end DAPs line AK120 etc as transport.

Big?
 No.
 Zero difference. Your device is a slave/host and it's job is to pass binary data. Pick your favorite digital slave to feed the Mojo.

Jan 31, 2016 at 12:39 PM Post #10,392 of 42,765

There is definitely a difference between sources used with Mojo. I can't confidently say one is better than other, it might be more of a personal preference. But there are differences.

Jan 31, 2016 at 1:11 PM Post #10,395 of 42,765
+1

I like getting personal e-mails from Todd.  I had a problem with my iPhone-Mojo-CCK connection and Todd was very helpful.  It was a defective Apple CCK.  I also personally wouldn't buy an expensive silver interconnect like Moon sells that still needs the Apple CCK.  Use the cable that comes from Chord and the CCK or look for less expensive 3rd party solutions in the 3rd post.

At $599 for the product of the year I doubt that you are going to find serious discounts.

Just catching up and I agree, Todd (TTVJ) has personal service and stands by you. He is the best.

As far as cables go though I like moon audio optical in that I had problems with the sysconcept cables and the company didn't stand behind them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back