Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jan 30, 2016 at 8:49 PM Post #10,351 of 42,765
Should I sell my iBasso DX80 for the MoJo to pair with my S6? I'm currently using the XBA-Z5 IEM.

Yes, I use note 5 and it sounds nicer than dx80 to mojo, I still. Use dx80 on the go tho because I don't like my phone for music, but at home I use my laptop or note 5 because it's far superior, to me

Jan 30, 2016 at 8:50 PM Post #10,352 of 42,765
@Pokersound

I get the odd random clicks.

There were some posts a good while back where people were geting clicks with HD-audio with cheap cables. Apparently it was fixed by getting quality cables and ones shielded with ferrite (I think).

If you type "click" in the search box for the thread, you will get links to the posts about it.

Anyway I never got a good cable yet so I can't confrm problem solved.

Jan 31, 2016 at 12:06 AM Post #10,354 of 42,765
So I recently got a mojo to pair with my HD800 and i really love the pairing. My only problem is that on my zenfone 2 running stock android, it only works with usb audio player pro which is unfortunate since i watch videos on the youtube app and sometimes stream music through spotify and watch videos on mxplayer. Works super well on my pc though. :-D

P.S. In case my phone has no hope, when will the bluetooth butt plate arrive. While not the best sound possible, i think this would solve my connectivity problems

Jan 31, 2016 at 2:18 AM Post #10,356 of 42,765
I wish I could get a case for it, because I want to protect mojo, I also wonder, what file format plays best with mojo

Not really a concern with the file format. I suggest you read some of Rob's posts on why 16/44.1 lossless plays very well with his DACs. The quality of the mastering is far more relevant.

Jan 31, 2016 at 2:22 AM Post #10,357 of 42,765
For those of you using the FiiO X3ii or X5ii I can confirm that the new beta FW recently released passes on DSD to the Mojo through coaxial using DoP with the X5ii (and I presume the X3ii as well).

Not that DSD will really sound any better anyway (check Rob's posts on the subject of DSD). :rolleyes:

Jan 31, 2016 at 2:38 AM Post #10,358 of 42,765
Not really a concern with the file format. I suggest you read some of Rob's posts on why 16/44.1 lossless plays very well with his DACs. The quality of the mastering is far more relevant.

Is there a way to search for good mastering, I would love to find an album that will wow mein terms of mastering, genre doesn't really matter to me?

Jan 31, 2016 at 2:39 AM Post #10,359 of 42,765
For those of you using the FiiO X3ii or X5ii I can confirm that the new beta FW recently released passes on DSD to the Mojo through coaxial using DoP with the X5ii (and I presume the X3ii as well).

Not that DSD will really sound any better anyway (check Rob's posts on the subject of DSD). :rolleyes:

Hi,

Can you expand on that? Currently how is DSD passed over coaxial and how different is the beta's method?

Thanks.

Jan 31, 2016 at 2:41 AM Post #10,360 of 42,765
Is there a way to search for good mastering, I would love to find an album that will wow mein terms of mastering, genre doesn't really matter to me?

Pink Floyd Dark Side of the moon mastered at Abbey Roads studio with Alan Parsons and the gang using every tool at their disposal. There are several versions (compression or lossless) the 24/192 Vinyl rip is awesome.

Jan 31, 2016 at 2:48 AM Post #10,361 of 42,765

It's a minefeild, but there are resources online to get you started. One I check often is the DrDatabase (dynamic range database). If your album is in the lower zone (red-yellow) chances are high that it will clip and/or have distortions in my experience.

http://dr.loudness-war.info

Jan 31, 2016 at 2:51 AM Post #10,362 of 42,765
Hi,

Can you expand on that? Currently how is DSD passed over coaxial and how different is the beta's method?

Thanks.

Currently with the 'official' FiiO FW DSD is converted to 24/88.2 PCM on the FiiO device and then output through coaxial. With the new FW beta's they support DoP (DSD over PCM) so the DSD signal is sent natively over coaxial. The Mojo sees a DSD signal and the elusive white light turns on, indicating the Mojo is processing the DSD format. Again, my thoughts on the matter echo Rob's (meaning I have no love for DSD) but it works if you like to see white sampling rate lights. :wink:

Jan 31, 2016 at 3:12 AM Post #10,363 of 42,765
Currently with the 'official' FiiO FW DSD is converted to 24/88.2 PCM on the FiiO device and then output through coaxial. With the new FW beta's they support DoP (DSD over PCM) so the DSD signal is sent natively over coaxial. The Mojo sees a DSD signal and the elusive white light turns on, indicating the Mojo is processing the DSD format. Again, my thoughts on the matter echo Rob's (meaning I have no love for DSD) but it works if you like to see white sampling rate lights. :wink:

Thanks

Jan 31, 2016 at 4:02 AM Post #10,364 of 42,765
I see the USB cable upgrade issue is being discussed again.

Don't forget the QED http://www.head-fi.org/products/qed-reference-usb

Just changed to an iPhone and I can confirm that I get the same results as I did in my review, replacing the short cable Chord supply with the QED gives a big improvement.

I have suspicions that the CCK does degrade things slightly as the Macbook Pro gives better results in my opinion.

Jan 31, 2016 at 4:26 AM Post #10,365 of 42,765

No question try Steven Wilson's 'The Raven That Refused To Sing'. Steven Wilson alone is a wonderful artist and recording engineer but he pursuaded the great Alan Parsons (yes, the man behind 'The Dark Side Of The Moon') to both play on the album and be the recording engineer. Whether you like the music, the recording is a masterpiece.

Here is hyperlink to buy the album in FLAC 96/24 for $10.50: https://www.burningshed.com/store/stevenwilson/product/144/4599/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back