Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jan 30, 2016 at 5:11 PM Post #10,336 of 42,765
  Have anybody tried using Mojo with iPhone/iPad + Apple Lighting to USB camera adapter with current 9.3 public beta 2?
I'm getting loud, static-like noises a few times per minute (present both with radio module on and in airplane mode).
Works totally fine with devices running 9.2 and 9.2.1 though.

Also seem to work fine with the same setup, but with Mojo replaced with Fiio E17K.

I'm about to file a bug on public beta, wanted to check if it's unit-specific or a common problem.

Please read post number 3, in the i-Devices section...

Jan 30, 2016 at 5:16 PM Post #10,337 of 42,765
Mython has kindly posted the DIY links above, but I wanted to clarify a few things in AudioBear's post. The 3V setting is not max volume and you should NOT run the Mojo at max volume into your amp. The 3V setting is about the middle of the range, and some find a few clicks down (3-4) is more acceptable (about 2V)and provides more amp volume control range.

2nd, looking at the specs for the Little Dot, I believe the Mojo has more output power on its own than that amp. However, you may prefer the sound. You will need a 3.5mm to dual RCA cable, or an adapter like Audioquest makes that will allow you to use RCA cables.

Enjoy!

You are correct on the 2V since that's a pretty typical line-level out put but it really depends on the amp.  My memory must be fading fast as I thought Rob Watts had said that 3V was max when what he said was use 3V and I was also mis-remembering http://www.head-fi.org/a/chord-mojo-faq (see volume control and line-level output).  What is true is that if you hold down both volume buttons when you turn it on it gives you a 3V line-level output. 

Jan 30, 2016 at 5:21 PM Post #10,338 of 42,765

I believe you're referring to this one: http://www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread/2790#post_12031148, which hardly has anything to do with the issue.

I am using official apple camera connection kit (link) with a usb cable that came with Mojo (along with a bunch of other usb cables, doesn't matter in this case given they all are connected to Apple lighting to usb cable camera kit), so cable itself  (supposedly) is not an issue. My guess it's beta SW one the device, and i'm trying to collect information to file a proper bug report.

Jan 30, 2016 at 5:22 PM Post #10,339 of 42,765

I used my iPhone today wit ha couple of Mojo's at headroom, one had massive interference crackling noises the other was perfect.

My iPhone does run public betas theo nly difference between the two mojos was the USB cable I do not know if that has any effect.

Jan 30, 2016 at 5:27 PM Post #10,341 of 42,765
  http://www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread-please-read-the-3rd-post/10170#post_12293581

http://www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread-please-read-the-3rd-post/10155#post_12293402

Thank you, as for "Connection to iDevices" part - totally missed "IMPORTANT" line:) Sorry.

Being an Apple employee i can probably try to escalate the issue and supply engineers with a test unit (at least that's the plan).

Jan 30, 2016 at 5:34 PM Post #10,342 of 42,765

http://www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread-please-read-the-3rd-post/10170#post_12293581

http://www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread-please-read-the-3rd-post/10155#post_12293402

Thank you, as for "Connection to iDevices" part - totally missed "IMPORTANT" line:) Sorry.

Being an Apple employee i can probably try to escalate the issue and supply engineers with a test unit (at least that's the plan).

No worries.

I'm continually updating that list of links, so maybe you looked before those links were added, today.

Hopefully, Apple will rectify the issue efficiently
beerchug.gif

Jan 30, 2016 at 5:41 PM Post #10,343 of 42,765
I'm using those Lowepro compact digital camera case and it fits Mojo very well. I'm worried about scratching the Mojo's matte black paint job, so the soft cloth interior is perfect.

Hey,
That Lowepro case looks perfect for what I need. Is that model the Santiago 20-II?
Please and thank you.

Jan 30, 2016 at 6:22 PM Post #10,344 of 42,765
Just got back from Headroom. What a fantastic event! Heard the Mojo. Hard to evaluate properly at a meet but I was interested enough to arrange a home trial with Custom Cables at some point. However, I find it inexplicable that Chord did not get a license from Apple and come up with a better interface than the dreadfully clunky CCK . Arcam managed it for their iPhone 6 case which sells at a third of the cost of the Mojo.

Jan 30, 2016 at 6:29 PM Post #10,345 of 42,765
...., I find it inexplicable that Chord did not get a license from Apple and come up with a better interface than the dreadfully clunky CCK . Arcam managed it for their iPhone 6 case which sells at a third of the cost of the Mojo.

It would be good if the Mojo could have the Apple chip inside.  To say that it will work with all smartphone (inc Apple) is not strictly true since you need CCK cable - something none of the reviewers (so far) have mentioned.

I believe a requirement of using the camera kit Apple chip inside your product is complete design disclosure to Apple engineering hardware software the lot. We might be a bit mad but we're not totally crazy. If we had not much technology to hide. Say if we were just using a industry Dac chip we wouldn't have a problem in doing this, but for us today it's a very different story. This is why we will soon offer a plug in module that swallows the official Apple Camera adaptor leaving just the Lightning tale to plug into the I phone.

Jan 30, 2016 at 6:33 PM Post #10,346 of 42,765
Just got back from Headroom. What a fantastic event! Heard the Mojo. Hard to evaluate properly at a meet but I was interested enough to arrange a home trial with Custom Cables at some point. However, I find it inexplicable that Chord did not get a license from Apple and come up with a better interface than the dreadfully clunky CCK . Arcam managed it for their iPhone 6 case which sells at a third of the cost of the Mojo.

My understanding is that chord felt like they would have to give up too much of their 'secret sauce' to gain Apple certification, whereas manufacturers using off the shelf DAC chips have less to hide...

EDIT: What he said ^

Jan 30, 2016 at 8:02 PM Post #10,349 of 42,765
never had a good dap before. always used my smartphone + ma750 before.
i got the chance to grab a ak120 (Not ak120ii) for 500$. barely used from a friend.
im honest , im a total newbie, not sure if i should buy it or pay less for a new dx80/90.

i bought a new pair of headphones ( flare r2pro). will they match well with an ak120?
also thought about getting a chord mojo aswell to improve sq. will it help or isnt it worth the 600€?

feel free to share your thoughts with me! :)

Jan 30, 2016 at 8:19 PM Post #10,350 of 42,765
The Mojo is an exelent dac amp I've never listened an AK device but the Mojo is the best I've listened, the best $600 I've spent in portable sound ever.

I would like to solve the random noise something like a "click" when I use it with my Galaxy S5 and UAPP.

Could somebody help me please?  

I think the problem is the UAPP settings.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back