Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jan 31, 2016 at 1:36 PM Post #10,396 of 42,765
There is definitely a difference between sources used with Mojo. I can't confidently say one is better than other, it might be more of a personal preference. But there are differences.

It depends what you like but USB from Sony A15, coax from DX50, and optical from RWAK100 and AK120 all sound different. In some ways I feel DX50 to mojo sounds best, but the UI sucks. Sony also sounds good. RWAK100 favourite all round package with mojo right now. That's size, shape, weight, UI, and sound.

Jan 31, 2016 at 1:44 PM Post #10,397 of 42,765
It depends what you like but USB from Sony A15, coax from DX50, and optical from RWAK100 and AK120 all sound different. In some ways I feel DX50 to mojo sounds best, but the UI sucks. Sony also sounds good. RWAK100 favourite all round package with mojo right now. That's size, shape, weight, UI, and sound.

DX80 via coaxial was transparent and clear to me, but treble was too harsh. Computer via usb is the best so far, smooth with great bass., however there is a big difference what app and software you are using. (YouTube HD is congested and lifeless compared to Foobar with Asio) I am about to try android as a source, but heard all good and bad about it.

Jan 31, 2016 at 1:46 PM Post #10,398 of 42,765
DX80 via coaxial was transparent and clear to me, but treble was too harsh. Computer via usb is the best so far, smooth with great bass., however there is a big difference what app and software you are using. (YouTube HD is congested and lifeless compared to Foobar with Asio) I am about to try android as a source, but heard all good and bad about it.

DX50 very similar to your DX80 description but I like that clarity. Sony sounded good but somehow congested. AK both seem more effortless

Jan 31, 2016 at 2:31 PM Post #10,402 of 42,765
Guys, noob question, is there a big difference what you use as transport? I have an old LG G3. Was plan on running USB OTG to feed the Mojo when I get it. I see many headfiers use high end DAPs line AK120 etc as transport.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Using the same audio files, I can't tell the difference on what is acting as the source

Jan 31, 2016 at 2:43 PM Post #10,403 of 42,765
There is a small sealed relay inside Mojo. This is what you are hearing.

I actually love that click. It gives me the impression that a thing of quality has been switched on and makes me feel that something great is about to begin and the click off tells me that the "trip/session" has now ended and normal service has resumed.

Jan 31, 2016 at 3:03 PM Post #10,405 of 42,765
Guys, noob question, is there a big difference what you use as transport? I have an old LG G3. Was plan on running USB OTG to feed the Mojo when I get it. I see many headfiers use high end DAPs line AK120 etc as transport.

Using the same audio files, I can't tell the difference on what is acting as the source

Thanks. I wouldn't think it would given its all digital signals.

Jan 31, 2016 at 3:14 PM Post #10,406 of 42,765
As far as cables go though I like moon audio optical in that I had problems with the sysconcept cables and the company didn't stand behind them.

What type/kind of problem did you have with the sysconcepts cable?   You're the first I've read so far.   TIA

Jan 31, 2016 at 3:55 PM Post #10,407 of 42,765
  What type/kind of problem did you have with the sysconcepts cable?   You're the first I've read so far.   TIA

The only problems I have read, and that would pertain to any optical cable, is pulling it out wrong or straining the it by some means and fracturing the optical cable. I had one I did that with and it was my fault, not Sys concept. I have used their cables for years and found them to be the most reasonable priced and of the highest quality. 

Jan 31, 2016 at 3:57 PM Post #10,408 of 42,765
  Anyone use the Mojo with earbuds? Any recommendations?

All that I have tried sound extremely good. The JH13 Pro to much lower priced monitors like the HiFiman series of in the ear monitors. 

Jan 31, 2016 at 4:39 PM Post #10,410 of 42,765
I can't believe how anal people get when the mojo makes a little noise while charging. Does it charge, yes, does it play music for 8-10 hours, yes.

Makes noise while charging, who cares.

My car makes a noise when I turn it on.

Some people like to charge it overnight on their bedside table when they go to sleep.

Maybe consider that other people's circumstances and preferences are not your own?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back