Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jan 23, 2016 at 9:18 AM Post #9,811 of 42,765
http://m.blog.naver.com/dignis/220605322035

Jan 23, 2016 at 9:21 AM Post #9,812 of 42,765
Jan 23, 2016 at 9:27 AM Post #9,813 of 42,765
Further testing on the charger and cable compatibility. Chosen Anker PowerPort 5 for good measured performance and multi-port charging with Anker PowerLine due to good construction with braid + foil shielding. All are available at a reasonable price.

Case 1: Virtually silent, only heard very minor hiss when ear is pretty much on the unit
Case 2: Only noticeable hiss when you put your ears near the unit
Case 3: Loud whine lasting the only the first few seconds, faint charging noise after that.
Case 4: Loud whine, and it goes on for a few seconds and off for a few (voltage drop causing charging circuit to shut down)

Combo 1: Sony or Samsung charger + Sony or Samsung USB cable + extension cord = Case 4

Combo 2: Sony or Samsung charger + Any cable = Case 3

Combo 3: Apple 1A charger + Sony or Samsung USB cable = Case 2

Combo 4: Anker charger + Sony or Samsung USB cable = Case 2, slightly quieter than combo 3

Combo 5: Sony or Samsung charger + long 6ft Anker cable (same cable length as Combo 1) = Case 3

Combo 6: Apple 1A charger + Anker cable = Case 1

Combo 7: Anker charger + Anker cable = Case 1, slightly quieter than combo 6 directly compared, with no pattern to the noise (always the same loudness)

Anker PowerPort is tested at it's worse case scenario(unloaded), the ripple and spike measurements are better when the charger is fully loaded with devices. The Anker charger have noticeable more steady noise pattern than the Apple charger even with the best cable connected, the Apple charger's noise ripples in loudness and the Anker one is very steady at the same amplitude.

In short:

If you already have a Apple charger handy, just getting a quality USB cable like the one I've tested will yield noticeable gain, especially if you are using longer cables.

If you don't have an Apple charger, getting an Anker charger with their PowerLine cables will yield the best possible result without going to go with a lab bench linear power supply. Having a multiport desktop charager will also allow you to run shorter cables.

Link where I bought them:
Anker PowerPort 5: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00VTI8K9K
Anker PowerLine: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B014H3GKZ4

So a Apple Travel Charger 1A with a good cable is a good option then?

Jan 23, 2016 at 9:29 AM Post #9,814 of 42,765
Jan 23, 2016 at 9:31 AM Post #9,815 of 42,765
Further testing on the charger and cable compatibility. Chosen Anker PowerPort 5 for good measured performance and multi-port charging with Anker PowerLine due to good construction with braid + foil shielding. All are available at a reasonable price.

Case 1: Virtually silent, only heard very minor hiss when ear is pretty much on the unit
Case 2: Only noticeable hiss when you put your ears near the unit
Case 3: Loud whine lasting the only the first few seconds, faint charging noise after that.
Case 4: Loud whine, and it goes on for a few seconds and off for a few (voltage drop causing charging circuit to shut down)

Combo 1: Sony or Samsung charger + Sony or Samsung USB cable + extension cord = Case 4

Combo 2: Sony or Samsung charger + Any cable = Case 3

Combo 3: Apple 1A charger + Sony or Samsung USB cable = Case 2

Combo 4: Anker charger + Sony or Samsung USB cable = Case 2, slightly quieter than combo 3

Combo 5: Sony or Samsung charger + long 6ft Anker cable (same cable length as Combo 1) = Case 3

Combo 6: Apple 1A charger + Anker cable = Case 1

Combo 7: Anker charger + Anker cable = Case 1, slightly quieter than combo 6 directly compared, with no pattern to the noise (always the same loudness)

Anker PowerPort is tested at it's worse case scenario(unloaded), the ripple and spike measurements are better when the charger is fully loaded with devices. The Anker charger have noticeable more steady noise pattern than the Apple charger even with the best cable connected, the Apple charger's noise ripples in loudness and the Anker one is very steady at the same amplitude.

In short:

If you already have a Apple charger handy, just getting a quality USB cable like the one I've tested will yield noticeable gain, especially if you are using longer cables.

If you don't have an Apple charger, getting an Anker charger with their PowerLine cables will yield the best possible result without going to go with a lab bench linear power supply. Having a multiport desktop charager will also allow you to run shorter cables.

Link where I bought them:
Anker PowerPort 5: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00VTI8K9K
Anker PowerLine: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B014H3GKZ4

So a Apple Travel Charger 1A with a good cable is a good option then?

It is not as good as my Anker charger, but if you have one handy already you can't really go wrong with it. The difference is minor and only noticeable if you have the Mojo on your head or something. :wink:

Jan 23, 2016 at 9:31 AM Post #9,816 of 42,765
Jan 23, 2016 at 9:47 AM Post #9,817 of 42,765
Jan 23, 2016 at 9:51 AM Post #9,818 of 42,765
Quote:
  really enjoying the mojo with my trusty old tf10 and hd25-i-ii while on the go, just want to ask guys, the static or buzz occasionally when using the iphone is normal right?

and another thing when using the iphone i noticed that at the start of a song there is a very slight slight cut in the song, only notice it on songs that start immediately, is this normal too? using the same song it doesnt happen when i'm listening to the songs continuously, just at the start of the session... i read something about this on the hugo thread and its by design to avoid the noise etc forgot the exact explanation, wonder if its the same here with the mojo? thanks in advance :)

I am not too sure of the solution but it may be covered in the Mojo Issue solutions thread here

He answered the question about the pause at the beginning of tracks, but not about the slight static when using an iPhone.

Try the Chord Mojo Issue thread highlighted above or post the same query there.

Jan 23, 2016 at 10:32 AM Post #9,820 of 42,765
Jan 23, 2016 at 10:37 AM Post #9,821 of 42,765
  The USB cable you get with it is really short, does using an usb extension cable affect the sq?

Not that I have noticed. I have used with a 0.5M and 1M cable

Jan 23, 2016 at 10:50 AM Post #9,823 of 42,765

Users who are viewing this thread

Back